The women just don't get it...

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by seahawkdad, Aug 24, 2002.

1. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is this going to be another stupid thread about who's better: men or women.?

Or are we going to talk about soccer?

2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

If you read Seahawkdad carefully you'll see he was being sarcastic. Nobody likes that aspect of socer.

A little touchy? Eh?

3. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

My God, I'm not sure I've seen anyone miss the point of a post quite so spectacularly as this.

Unless I've just beaten it.

4. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah, baseless opinions stated as fact. it wouldn't be bigsoccer without it.

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United

He was being sarcastic.

Sachin

6. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The WNBA has had an average attendance of over 9,000 per game, and total attendance of over 2 million for the 2001, 2002 seasons. Success is not a pass/fail criteria (unless you consider being in business passing, and out of business failing. But by that criteria, both the WUSA and WNBA are succeeding. Until, perhaps, they fail.)

So, assuming your success criteria is not pass/fail, then you have a sliding scale to work with. You might claim that the WNBA has lower attendance than the NBA, but is that unexpected? Does this mean that there is no interest in women's sports? I think not.

It would only be fair to watch how these leagues develop and grow (or not) before using their experience as evidence of a lack of interest in women's sports.

I would posit that, given the short duration of women's sports, the current attendance figures indicate a potentially profitable future business due to there being enough interest. If they can control their costs, it seems to me that these sports could return a decent profit and even some capital growth.

That sounds like future success to me.

7. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

That little bitch. I'll never forgive her for making us wear clothes and getting us kicked out of Eden.

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    This is true to an extent but you're forgetting that women's team sports is a generally new phenomenon (discounting the wartime baseball and soccer leagues, when there were no male counterparts).

The culture of female sports stars did not develop until the 1970s and 80s and it was generally limited to the Olympics and tennis. TV has only recently started to push women's sports front and center, and WNBA is the first true women's professional sports league in this country. So we can agree that girls of today and girls of 20, 30 years ago are growing up in completely different environments.

So to compare girls and grown women in year 2002 is purely apples and oranges. When the current generation of girls, you may turn out to be right, that girls who watch sports don't grow up to be women who watch sports. But only time will tell.

9. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

And also don't forget that it is because of her we have to work for a living in this hell we call Planet Earth.

10. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

And also don't forget that it is because of her that we have a thing called "having sex."

11. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

Trust me, it was Adam's idea not Eve's.

12. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

Yeah but by doing that, we arrive back at the whole child bearing thing again.
    Sort of spoils the thing called ' having sex'.

Bitches, the lot of them.

And she pilfered a rib.

13. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    I grew up playing with Nel Fettig, Courage defender. When we were in middle school she was the only girl in our league, and I promise you she was also the player we were physically most scared of. I saw her break my teamates nose once when we were 14, on purpose, with absolutely no emotion on her face before, during, or after. I gave her a WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE berth! Well, that is until she turned into a hottie in high school :)

14. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    I rather like having sex you know, so don't let this deteriorate into a men vs women thing that gets me "cut off" by my wife who is reading this.......oh and to quarterwhatsyername.........lighten up a little you femi-nazi, he was making fun of men and the way we make fools of ourselves.

15. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The women just don't get it...

It may have been Adam's idea, but if Eve had not been created by Yahweh in the first place would there be anything called "having sex?"

16. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002

Sheesh ... the day we men are able to bear children, abortion would become a birthright for all members of the human race.

17. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Maybe its too bad yur parents didn't use a hanger.......keep the subject on soccer please!

18. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    I am glad that your parents used a hanger ...

19. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    .........sigh! No retort, that was funny!

20. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002

In the future, don't introduce "parents" unnecessarily into a discussion.

21. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Get over yourself! If you aren't here to have fun and discuss some soccer then go leave and listen to some angry feminist music or pick out a new plaid shirt.....if you can't laugh at yourself, (like I just did), then you are way too narrow minded to be discussing topic such as you are. In case you didn't know, your opinion only counts to you, same as mine does to me!

22. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Oh, and by the way, I was adopted because some people were man and women enough together to NOT abort me! That's why men and women were made different, so we could be a better team together.

23. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002

My original EVE posts were made in jest ... so, yes, I am here to have fun.

24. Kelso2Utd

Kelso2Utd New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    New England, USA
    I can only look at this post and all the replies in horror...

some of the posts are humerous...others are just distastful

25. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Can we just kiss and make up now?