The "what I'll watch/plan to watch today" thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by MetroChile, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Homie suggested it.

I guess the idea is to talk about the games you plan to watch on any given day, or however many you did watch, etc.

So have at it.

HomietheClown and annoyingracoon01 repped this.
  2. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today I watched...
    Manchester United vs Newcastle
    Tottenham vs Leicester
    Lazio vs Bologna

I had so many conflicts this week and im not one that can record a full match and watch it. I have a lot of time tomorrow though, so im planning on watching...

Chelsea vs West Brom
    Juve vs Undinese (If I find a stream)
    (If I cant find a stream) City vs Everton
    Napoli vs Sassuolo (Cant miss this one, hopefully ill find a stream)

3. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I'll probably just post to this thread once, since "everything" is usually my plan.

I try to watch every EPL, Serie A, La Liga & Bundesliga match I can find/record, as well as UCL and Europa matches involving the big 4 leagues, plus some others (like key Ligue 1 matches). And mostly condensed MLS matches on the MLS app. I usually end up about 2-3 weeks behind during the season.

Here was today so far:
    finished NYC FC-Columbus from Wednesday
    finished Dortmund's Europa qualifier from Thursday
    Man Utd-Newcastle
    Espanyol-Getafe (live on the beIN app since it wasn't on the regular channel to DVR)
    West Ham-Bournemouth
    Norwich-Stoke
    Sunderland-Swansea (right now)

I've also been watching Southampton's Europa league qualifier from Thursday downloaded on my iPad when I was out and about for awhile today.

I'll watch all the EPL matches from a given day first, then that day's Serie A, then the Bundesliga, then La Liga. This will probably be the last day for 2015-16 that I'm "caught up" and watching matches the same day they're played now that all 4 leagues are going although I'll probably watch some EPL next weekend live/same-day as well.

4. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I have my in laws visiting and taking them to different places so was able to see only Man utd-Newcastle live. Was able to watch taped bayern game and now hamburg-strutgart. I have to admit that 3 games on a day like this exceeds my expectations.

5. anarchism_now2013

Jun 6, 2013
    Well, I watched all the La Liga Matches except Espanyol x Getafe since it was not on TV due to the time conflicting with Deportivo La Coruna x Real Sociedad. I also watched Bayern X Hoffenhiem (spelling ?), I have other Bundesliga matches on my DVR that were time conflicting and one that was delayed on Fox Deportes. On Sunday, I will DVR all remaining La Liga Matches and Bundesliga Matches since I will not be home. I also DVR'd the Premier League Match of the Day show to catch up on the Premier League and will do this on Sunday. Usually my viewing is just La Liga and Bundesliga....I will catch up on the Bundesliga through the week and watch choice pick UEFA Champions League match....going to be Valencia x Monaco and Manchester United x Club Bruge.

Oh yeah, have the Porto match on my DVR from today, I have decided whenever I can to check on up how Casillas is doing.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Manchester United vs Newcastle
    Both German matches on FS1
    Deportivo de la Coruna vs. Real Sociedad
    Atletico Madrid-Las Palmas

And flipped through all the other ones momentarily depending on the scores and situations on Dishanywhere app, NBC 's app and Bein's app.

7. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    No BEIN for me so, Manchester United, then Spurs, Hamburg Stuttgart live. Bayern, west ham on the dvr and then what I can on fs2go and live extra during the week. Today Chelsea and Southampton live and Dortmund recorded.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Currently watching WBA vs. Chelsea.
    After that I will watch in this order:
    FC Ingolstadt vs Borussia Dortmund(DVR)
    Everton vs Manchester City (NBC app)
    Juventus vs Udinese (Bein app)
    Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona (DVR)
    Sporting Gijon vs Real Madrid (DVR)
    Santa Fe vs Atlético Huila (DVR)
    Atlético Nacional vs Once Caldas (DVR)
    Fiorentina v Milan (DVR)

My head will explode once American Football season starts. :D

9. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Currently, Atletico and Barcelona get the honors of the big screen (101") with Juventus v Udinese on the 42" TV (via SkyCalcio-1 HD).

[​IMG]

MetroChile and annoyingracoon01 repped this.
  10. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Little off topic, but haha Juve the scudeto is ours!

11. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    It's funny how sometimes the most anticipated game turns out a big dissapointment. And then when you hear ray hudson call it a dud, which is the first time ever he said that probably, you know it is bad no matter who is playing.

12. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ray Hudson calling something a dud! He got into a fight with Jeremy St.Louis on the locker room because jsl said copa anerica was a dud. Thats really saying something.

13. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Midtjylland v Southampton on BTSport-Europe in glorious HD.

[​IMG]
    (Scoreline blacked out)

Not that I care for this particular competition but a shame that no one picked up a few matches on this side of the Atlantic....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

14. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised ESPN deportes didn't pick up the athletic Bilbao game. They did with the Spanish teams at this stage last year, if memory serves. And beIN showed Tottenham's home playoff game last year, so someone could have picked up the Southampton match. Same for Saint Etienne given bein's connections in Ligue 1 and they did show earlier qualifiers of French clubs.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Right now I am just watching a black screen on Beinconnect's new site. :p

16. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    It's all part of beINSport's new commitment to avoid result spoilers....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

17. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I just went through the entire weekend schedule to dvr every game I'm interested in watching and ended up setting it to tape 25 games o_O basically every top 5 league from europe and some MLS. Granted I may watch some live and just delete some. Most of them will probably be deleted after I run into the scores somewhere. Can't force myself to watch a 0-0 game. I just discovered something good about having bein channels in SD only: plenty of room on my dvr to fit all those games in.

18. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who needs sleep? Just watch all of them.

19. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the Peñarol vs El Tanque Sisley replay yesterday. There might have been more people in my living room (which was just me) than was in the stands at that game.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Currently watching Newcastle-Arsenal.

After that I will flip between BEIN matches, Fox sports 2 and the other NBC Premiere League matches. (Depending on which ones are the most competitive.)
    More details to come later...

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ended up watching Chelsea-CP on my tablet, both German matches on FS2 on DVR, Tottenham-Everton on my laptop, Real Madrid-Betis Live and Atletico Nacional -Equidad live.

22. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched Arsenal vs Newcastle, Chelsea vs Palace, Sassuolo vs Bologna, Barca vs Malaga, Madrid vs Betis all liveand I watched Empoli vs Milan on my dvr.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I forgot about Empoli-Milan. I saw part of that match just to see how Bacca and Zapata played. :D

annoyingracoon01 repped this.
  24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Btw, to the guys that watch a ton of games on your laptops: do you ever worry that you may burn your video card out? Or, perhaps that you may "overexert", for lack of a better term, your laptop?

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I bought a high-end laptop about 7 years ago (now the specs are not that high-end anymore but anyway) and I don't worry about such things. Maybe I should? But I don't.
    Windows 10 has basically revived the thing.

MetroChile repped this.