The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    The UCL final.....

saadomar and babai_here repped this.
  2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's was only our 12th, it wasn't that big a deal. When Robben was here he guided us to plenty of those. :rolleyes:

Crimson repped this.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It indeed wasn't that big of a deal considering that he played 13 minutes as a sub and came in when we were leading 3 to 1.
    23.04. 2017 - Started unfit against Barcelona and played only 39 minutes.
    -injured-
    03.06. - Came as an unfit sub in the UCL final.

Mimadridsta and Hsain85 repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this is the final season that Bale gets to prove he can stay fit an entire season. He's lucky we have the depth to cover it, but the Madridistas good graces will certainly wear thin if he has another injury riddled season. It's do or bust for Gareth this season.

It's funny because some Bayern pundits and fans are suggesting that James will be played to replace Robben or Ribery as a winger. Idk how that's gonna pan out, but we'll just have to wait and see. We have plenty of replacements for Gareth. Isco, Asensio, Lucas just to name a few.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First touch was almost a goal though and an arguably great play.

Crimson repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Aha.

Making bigsoccer great again i suppose?

Your problem is that you can't handle any other opinion but your own, and declare your opinion the only legitimate truth. I don't need to agree with you, but you seem desperate to declare everybody elses opinion invalid, along with the RMBS Pep Guardiola.

Crimson and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Omfg, send e-mails to football coaches around the planet which you deem worthy and ask them who has better technical ability, Robben or Bale. And when they respond, you will produce the same non-sequiturs and red herrings....."you seem desperate to declare everybody elses opinion invalid"..buhuhu.

Have a cookie for God`s sake.

robnycus repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BALE TOP 3.

Discuss.

9. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    To be honest, I'm not sure people putting Bale down and praising Robben are aware that Robben actually played here. And seeing how insignificant his stint here was, I can't really blame them for not knowing or remembering.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  11. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Get your RAWR on - and take it to the transfer thread!

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This guy gets it.

None of this even happened becaue it wasn't in the transfer thread

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    So, first there is "hate", then it is "bashing" and now it is "putting down"? Have we really come to this?

Besides, how does Robben`s insignificant stint at RM - which is 100% FACT and Bale completely destroys him at that regard - which is again a 100% fact, correlate with technique of mentioned players?

I had enough!

p.s: before: you said you would rather have Robben than Bale...Yes, prime and healthy Robben in current squad which is 100 times better.

robnycus repped this.
  14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Nobody cares about the technique battle between those two.

Crimson repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #6791 robnycus, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    You are a terrible mod if you followed the discussion and call me out and not Crimson who called everyone else who disagrees with him on ** stupid. My reply, which you quoted here , was my reacion to that post . Dont be calling people here stupid and expect nothing else would be said.

With your selective quoting again everyone can see how you dont want to discuss bale anymore but attack me.
    Why did you not quote my entire reply to you, where I said I have a different view on this player comparison and we can agree to disagree?

Why you want to drag this along and get more involved in personal feuds?
    As a mod here you should lead by example and not find youself in this back and forth personal arguments which serve no purpose other than deteriorate the thread.
    you said what you said about bale and robben, which was not much, and I did the same . Time to move on. This does not sound to me like cant handle another opinion. It seems like you are the one who cannot.

Mimadridsta and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    This all started because I said Bale is not a top 3 players and listed some players who I think are better than him and Robben was on that list.
    Some people here, including yourself, have a very big problem with that since you seem to be unable to move on from that .
    What has come out after is a lot of name calling, personal attacks and insults.

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    In a discussion about who's the better player between Bale and Robben I think it's relevant to bring up the fact that Bale has been decisive for us while Robben hasn't. Robben may or may or not have better technique but it's irrelevant when he didn't use it for anything noteworthy while with us. He had his chance with us, and nobody has ever missed him since he left.

18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #6794 robnycus, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    What you are saying here is that benz is better than mbappe because he has played and won with us and mbappe has not. So that makes him a better player. I am sure we can all come up with some other criteria to compare them, no?
    What a weird selective criteria to determine which player plays better football.
    Robben did not excel here, his best football came after he left so that is what i am comparing. His best with Bale's best.

I even said Griezman, neymar were better. Is like some of you guys dont even want to hear it because they play for other rival teams.

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    My reply to this "No, you are stupid"

Mod here calling me out on this (quoting just my reply here) for making bigsoccer great again..
    Do I smell some bias in here or what?

:rolleyes:

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh okay, so only you are allowed to insult.

It makes sense now

Crimson repped this.
  21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Did I say that?

22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    No. No, it's not.

Crimson repped this.
  23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    So, you claim Robben's best football came after he left us. Yet nobody ever wanted him back here. What does that tell you?

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I have no clue, perhaps It tells me that your view is very limited and confined to what is perceived by some RM fans only.