The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm not the one continuing to discredit everything Bale has done at Real Madrid in helping us win titles for the club I love, in support and admiration in the same breath for a ******** like Robben.

Not only discrediting Bale but bringing up a player in his own thread who has nothing to do with him to discredit him even more.

I give up, some people can't be helped. It's not me being toxic, it's the same ********ing people in every ********ing thread reiterating the same shtick over and over and over again. It is old, it is tiresome.

It's a new season, support the player, hope he does well. What use is it bashing him now, before a game has been played?

Everyone and their dog has bashed and critised Bale's last season, we all know it was bad, we also know he is capable of being world class in the same breath and being a true match winner.

Support one of our best players because if he's playing well, we will be winning.

Instead people continue to do the opposite and it's always the same people.

natenate101 and Anon. repped this.
  2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Funny thing, if we take your rhetoric you are doing the same to James. :thumbsup:

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    so leave if you are so tired. Supporting our team and our players has nothing to do with how we rate them against other players who do not play for our team.

Hsain85 repped this.
  4. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    James has never helped us win anything at Real Madrid, no season or title defining moments.

Yet despite that I supported the player a lot, I even suggested if we are switching to 442 diamond he would be the player to keep.

But I also critised his performances because they were awful, especially at CM, I got jumped on by the fan boys, but if you check my history I actually kept up my hopes the player would turn it around.

Anon. repped this.
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Man, some of these player threads are hella old. 2013!!!!

In the spirit of our new found acceptance and tolerance of thread titles lets make a new one for Gareth Bale, shall we.

Welsh Express - The Gareth Bale Thread
    Marc Bartra's Worst Nightmare - The Gareth Bale Thread
    Unleash The Dragon - The Gareth Bale Thread

Open to suggestions. And no....... Robben cant be part of it. Anything good with Bartra.

Deep Pal, Eddie and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #6756 robnycus, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    James contributed to us winning la liga - same as Morata - in the last two months of the season when we were winning - he scored, assisted and was an integral part of the so called B team.He allowed us to rest other players who could be fit and 100% for the CL knockout stages without dropping our quality + numbers in attack.

Mimadridsta and Hsain85 repped this.
  7. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    The Welsh White Dragon - Unleash The Bale Thread

djak_24, Anon. and Shay Z repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Better than Robben - The Gareth Bale Thread.

:D

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  9. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If Bale was top 3 I wouldn't cringe at the thought of benching Isco to gift him his spot back.

ahnaf, Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    And why do you think i criticize Bale? Because he is long haired Welsh-man who is probably offspring of Harambe?

11. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Sigh

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bale is number 1 player on the planet. Without him, we would not win shit.

Happy?

Hsain85 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cymru am Byth y Nada Mas - The Gareth Bale Thread

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bartra misses the Welsh Express - The Gareth Bale Thread
    All Abord the Welsh Express - except Bartra - The gareth Bale Thread

Shay Z repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Robben uses his right leg purily to be able to stand on both legs, his game is pretty one sided (use pace, cut inside, sideways pass or shot) but effective. He doesn't really have much of an advantage on anything on Bale who pretty does the same thing, use pace, position his body which is pretty big for how fast he is, cross or cut inside.

Both players are pretty equal with one being better here and the other being better there.

It's not like the Dutch are shining in world football thanks to Robben, the Dutch last won a trophy in 88, most of RMBS wasn't even born back then.

Reminder, both Greece and Portugal have won a trophy while the "inventors" of beautiful football have missed multiple tournaments.

Your argument is you saying it as well though. Seems like you have your magic keyboard game on because i don't really see you doing anything different other than saying that his head is more aerodynamic.

16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    So we are talking about the Dutch now? .. should we talk about Wales.. and their international trophies.

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It does not matter that Robben is mostly one-sided as vast majority of left foot players are. We are talking about technical ability:

1. ball mastery
    2. passing / receiving
    3. feints
    etc...

Basically Coerver pyramid. And in technical ability, Robben takes the cake.

If you are mentioning "beautiful" football, tell me how many times has Greece won a trophy in comparison with "beautiful" football. Or even better, what is the score of England and their much less technical and creative football?

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes because Bale runs around a lot and very fast, didn't you see the Euros last year.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course it doesn't because it's not a discussion, you and @robnycus are the funniest people here "well your opinion is not an argument, now listen to mine which is one". You also that same avatar that you promised to change should we win a major trophy, two major trophies later and you still have an Atleti player on your avatar, despite Benzema completely destroying both Atleti as a team and Griezmann in terms of personal performance in the duel.

But hey, Coerver pyramid.

If you mean his diving, i know, he's practically capable of flying.

Charisteas has won more international trophies than Robben. Really makes you think.

Crimson repped this.
  20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It does not matter because being one footed does not diminish your technical capacity. Every player on this planet has a dominant foot. So? No, my opinion is argument because i have actually listed you as to why Robben is technically better, while you have just made a statement without any support and bucketload of non-sequiturs. The only thing that you have accurately depicted is Robben˙s diving capacity.

What the fck has my Avatar to do with technical ability, or Benzema "destroying" both Atleti and Griezmann etc..? But as long as you mention it, scroll back in CL thread and you should see a post in which i am saying provide new Avatar and i will gladly change it. Dear God almighty lolz!

robnycus repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have told your opinion why he is "technically better". Both you and @robnycus actually think your opinion is a fact, which is why discussion with you is pretty much impossible. As i've said before, Robben has practically no variety. He played the entire season on the same position, and barely touched any other spot on the field. He started and ended all of his game on the right flank.

He has some stronger points than Bale, whereas Bale absolutely destroys him inside the area, purely off the strength of headers where Robben is probably the worst Bayern player.

"But dude, he has vision, passing, creativity", when in reality he sticks to the flank like he's glued to it , then cuts inside, flops, shoots or passes sideways when there is no other alternative. He's brutally efficient doing it, but that's pretty much it. Modric is a technical player. Isco is a technical player. Robben and Bale are pretty much the opposite.

Ahmadi8 and Crimson repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #6772 robnycus, Jul 14, 2017
    @4x4 we are discussing two players and their abilities. You bringing up team trophies, and nationalities is totally irrelevant here and silly. You do this all the time as if that would somehow make your argument hold more weight or something or perhaps you are just Trying to move the goal posts or have nothing else to say.
    Robben is a winger so it is normal for him to be glued to his wing. He creates and makes things happen from there - that is how he plays and how he is effective. Ney does the same with Barca, and cant head the ball for shit.. is he also limited and not as good as Bale because of that?
    Bale we have seem to conclude here is only dangerous inside the area with his headers due to his low football IQ. If this to you makes him on par with Robben then that is fine. It simply means you value some attributes more than others when watching football and we can agree to disagree on that. Certain things on the pitch cannot be measured by stats, you just need to watch. And those things that can be measured Robben, despite being 33 years old and almost always injured and recovering, is ahead of Bale.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #6773 janos audron, Jul 14, 2017
    I have stated my opinion and provided support for it. And i know that my opinion is a fact, because technique can be objectively "measured". On the other hand based on your post you have trouble understanding what technique is.

As much as Robben has better technical ability than Bale, Isco has better technical ability than both. That is also a fact. It is also a fact that Juninho Pernambucano had incredible free kick shooting technique. It is also a fact Bale beats Robben in heading technique.

Halycon repped this.
  24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Divert and attack the poster not what he is actually saying.
    Common tactic but so played out. Trump uses it all the time.

25. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When was the last time he played? - The Gareth Bale Thread

I was surprised the thread showed up at the top, I don't actually recall the last time he played...

Mimadridsta, kime777, S1na and 3 others repped this.