The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He misses the half finals? Can't be any happier. Atletico has been his worst opponent. Never was a fan, never will be, supported him when he did good, but you don't pay 100 million for a average Britt. I was preaching this at his arrival, way too much money for a average player. I don't even consider him world world class. Ronaldo at least was there every game in these years, he paid off his sum, but this Bale man, no words.

Kroosinator repped this.
  2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Is Don Balon reliable source of information, or another trash? According to the latter, Perez has "lost it" because Bale spends more time in Hospital than on field, and plans to sell him.

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It was published in Barcelona, so don't hold your breath on that one.

4. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hope it's correct .

5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. its amazing that as real madrid fans, so many of us are relieved to see one of our players sidelined until the end of the season (including me). shows you how much people value him.
    2. Perez will never sell Bale. its pure BS. Perez list of failed signing goes 15 years back. he never admit a mistake, especially when he paid 100million for the mistake. Bale will play 15-20 games a year until he ends his contract.
    3. even if Perez will be willing to sell, we will be luck to get $20M for Bale at this point.

6. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reminds me of Germany when they missed Mustafi through injury during the WC, that made Löw finally use Lahm as a RB (not a MF/Guardiola-style) and from that point on they were a much more balanced side that went to win the WC. Something so obvious, yet easy to miss (on purpose!), hopefully we'll get to see the same outcome.

Sometimes the football Gods force you to do the right thing.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest, there's some quite good points being made for both sides. The biggest concern to me is what happens after Ronaldo and to a lesser extent Messi, who will probably start declining by the time Ronaldo moves on from us?

Let's say the above happens after the next couple of seasons, maybe even earlier for us, Barcelona will probably have Neymar who's gonna be ~27 years old at that time, while Bale will be ~29 years old. Taking into account Bale's injury record i don't see how he will remain healthy when he's older. He could still give us 15-20 good games per year, but that isn't nowhere near enough as we can see right now. You need players who show up all season long.

The question is, who do we get to replace Bale (or Ronaldo)?

I would prefer either Dybala or Griezman if we can get him now. Mbappe is also an option but seeing how he is way too young i don't think he can fill the shoes of Ronaldo or Bale. If we want someone from the inside, there's a good chance Asensio turns world class in the next couple of years if he's played regularly.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You mean medical shoes of Bale?

9. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Sometimes your luck stays bad for a while.
    I don't believe that this is some situation that will never heal for Bale. He played over 40 games each of his first 2 seasons in Madrid and last season managed to produce a lot despite missing some time. It's only this year that the injuries have really held him back. Bale's still easily one of the Top 10 players in the world when he's healthy and you don't just get rid of that because he might be expected to miss an extra 5-10 games a year. I would love to see Bale start the Champions League final. Just make sure he's fit first and don't rush him back. Now Benzema's another story. I think he's just past it. Would love to see Mbappe take over for him this summer.

Anon. repped this.
  10. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So there is a chance he will make it for the UCL final if we get past Pathetico....

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't see why he would deserve to start the final after the season he has had. I doubt he'd be 100% fit anyway.

He probably will though if we make it.

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you remember our CL final against Atletico? Diego Costa, clearly injured, but fit to play, starting the game, going out after 10 minutes, loosing a very important sub for Atletico.
    Do you want to be in the same horror story?

13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    That is not analogous. Costa had pulled his hamstring a week before and was relying on a witch doctor treating with horse placenta. I do remember Bale scoring the winning goal against Atletico in the CL final.

14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]
    Onda Cero: This season alone Bale has had 6 injury problems including relapses.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I can't wait for him to sabatoge that one as well.

Knowing him he won't be fit, he'll force his comeback selfishly and he'll cost us a sub.... possibly more.

Really wish Manchester would come for him in the summer.

16. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I am REALLY hoping for a mega offer from United for Bale. It has been 4 seasons, I've seen enough. I want to see what Asensio can do with an extended run on the right side with Bale out for the next few weeks. I prefer Asensio cutting in on the right, rather than on the left where he just constantly crosses.

17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    That is my biggest fear. When I saw the news I was not even worried in the slightest but then was told he could be back for the CL final and El Clasico came ramming back to the forefront of my mind.

Bale is a great player but he does not work on the right wing and his whole game plan has gone from a powerful winger to essentially a goal poacher which we DO NOT need.

On top of this there are, of course, the constant injuries and the fact he's part of this poor mans MSN which is being pathetically pushed for marketing reasons.

18. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    Bale problems are injuries but also benzema and cristiano,next year with cristiano moving up top but also not playing as much coz of him being 32 bale is going to get the time to shine and show people the real bale.

Hazard and mbappe coming are going to give this real madrid formation a new dimension.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marca posted this today. It shows where and when he got injured and how many games he missed.

[​IMG]

20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The AS one from yesterday was better IMO:
    [​IMG]

21. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    That's not how I see it. Yes, the players all want to play every game, specially games like classico, but I don't see it as something to be admired. In his situation it's the opposite. Very selfish to do it when even my dog knows the was never going to be ready, but he still says he is, knowing that it's all it takes to push him into starting 11.

Now watch him do the same if we get to CL finals, and no, it's not about the club. It's about me, myself and I.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  22. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't forget that 50% of these games is him trying to get back to form .

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That's the worst part. It's not just thst he miss a ton of games. It takes a while for him to hit form and it's like right when he becomes thar top player we all have seen... bam! He's injured again.

I'm done. Tired of it.

24. kime777

kime777 Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is like Robben but with more hair, sell him and get a player who can actually perform when we need it and not when injuries let him.

25. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Seeing this, it is highly possible that his injuries are the result of his shoting / passing technique.