The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hopefully United reach the CL spots, buy Bale and PSG go for Benzema.

2. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text

janos audron repped this.
  3. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still no news on how serious / how long dude is gonna be out.

Bet your ass Zidane will play him if we reach the CL final even if he gets the medical clear a day before with 0 days of traning, because "aaaaaww is his hometown"

J-Mezzy and Kroosinator repped this.
  4. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Poor guy, shouldn't have played. You really do have to watch out even thought the injuries themselves arent the most damaging thing that could happen to a player if you get a lot of them they could lead to something very serious.

5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Floren has a history of holding on too long. He doesn't see what the rest of the world sees.

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because Bale isn't exactly in a shape to overtake them?
    Practically speaking, never was.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Do you think Florentino sees it that way?
    Bale carried us on his back in periods. I'll maintain that a healthy in-form Bale is up there and worthy of Madrid. His problem is that due to his injuries it's hard to rely on him. If we can recoup our transfer fee, we have Griezmann's buyout, who might not be a forum favorite, but his a very big name in Madrid locally and globally and likely the only one Pérez could replace him with.

osnap427 and Tobias19 repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The problem is to get the most out of Bale we'd ideally give him a free role and build squad around him. Unfortunately he's injured too often to justify that approach. Personally I'd like to see him playing deeper, almost as an attacking midfielder coming deep to receive ball, spraying out passes and starting counters and shooting from range but again the injuries are too frequent.

sleepyvato50, 9Qui and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    #6434 white_raid, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    I've never liked him, I hope he is gone next season. Too direct and one-dimensional for my tastes, and selfish which does not pair well with similarly selfish Ronaldo. Unable to pin down full-backs with his dribbling like Robben or with his ability to hold up ball and find creative solutions like Ribery, Neymar or Hazard. He is a symbol of Real's identity crisis under Perez.

10. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    This is the Bale that Florentino sees:

The Bale that carries minnows Wales on his back. Free roaming support striker using his pace and physique on the break, tormenting defenses with his shooting from all angles and headers in the box. Essentially, he's a prime Ronaldo in terms of playing style, just not as good as Ronaldo in his prime.

raven3k, ABB94, libertao and 2 others repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When was the last time Perez sold one of his "big players"?

I can only think of Kaka but he left on a free transfer, same goes for Figo, and Ronaldo left after Perez's first term iirc.

temesgen repped this.
  12. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    The difference is that we are not minnows happy to cross the center line a few times in the match, but a team boasting the likes of Kroos and Modric who can keep the ball and therefore would benefit with a more creative winger capable of producing magic in tight spaces.

13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He never did. In fact he held on to them for far too long. I remember the first Galácticos and their downfall: We had old dinosaurs dragging their feet but always playing, and we constantly told they were the best in the world despite everyone clearly being able to see with their own eyes that they were not.

temesgen repped this.
  14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I don't disagree, but that's not new. Even with Ronaldo in his prime the midfield might have been better suited to another kind of football.

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It did, alongsides your "from Colombia". Just it was perfect moment to say the obvious!

16. David Jefferies

Mar 14, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Clearly Bale is far too injury prone and its a major worry, yet his arrival has coincided with la decima and la undecima. Coincidence? Hard to say. Benzema on the other hand doesnt bring much to the table in my eyes and Morata should be starting ahead of him.

17. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Official medical report says he is out for 3 weeks which means he'll probably be out for 5 weeks and take another 1-2 to get in form.

18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :Dwow.. saw statistic someone in BS it's 17 time he has some injury since he is in Madrid, right?

19. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah...It's a Kaka v.2 now.

20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I read he had missed 59 games in 4 seasons so far. That's was shocking to me.

Kroosinator repped this.
  21. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's pretty much out for the season unless we reach the CL final. Poor ZZ, now he will actually have to play players that are actually in-form!

kime777, Ahmadi8, raven3k and 4 others repped this.
  22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    It seems he will be fit for the last 2 La Liga games and the CL final (if we make it).

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and after long pause he is going straight to start CL final :D written in the stars,

MerlinRM and Shay Z repped this.
  24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And it will be hyped just as when Ronaldo returned from injury to play for Brazil at the 2002 WC.