The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Was very lucky not to get a red card tonight for a silly tackle whats with this attitude and aggression sinces hes come back ? was also very poor again tonight, hes form has been horrible since returning .

2. DeRay30

DeRay30 Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When would that ever be a red card? Looks like a straight yellow to me. Looks like he just missed the ball on that tackle attempt. Not too malicious.

3. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you kidding me ? if the player doesnt move hes foot and plants it there thats literally a leg break he was lucky he moved hes foot . its a reckless high tackle .

Doni, RMSocrates, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  4. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That was a red card if he makes a proper connection

5. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it should have been a red card anyway but it seems like the ref was waiting for someone to get seriously hurt first which they did minutes later.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    In any day of the week. It was reckless and usage of excessive force. If that leg was a standing leg with full weight on it, it would snap like a twig.

It is a good thing that you are not a ref.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It snapped minutes later by a foul from somebody else. apparently the entire match was played that way, when the official allows players to go at each other like that with that "play on" nonsense, this sh*t happens.

8. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6283 Arcticmandaly, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Its not just that tackle tho hes horrible form and it looks like hes got something stuck up hes ass since hes come back from that injury , lashing out doing stupid reckless stuff in games lately isnt going to help us .

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Ref should be held responsible. But still, how can you loose any rational thought and make such vicious tackle. It looked like both fibula and tibia fractured with ease.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ohhhhh.... That's nasty from Gareth. Could have done some serious damage.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Becasue pretty much that how the match was being played officiated by somebody who is incompetent. The match against Athletic was the same: Referee says play on for half an hour and you have Raul Garcia running the entire width of the pitch to kick Nacho and it's not even a yellow card, Cassemiro gets kicked in the ankle, retaliates a minute later etc. In those cases it's a miracle if nobody gets injured.

Again, not excusing the particular challenge, but when you watch highlights from the match it's like a pub fight.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's suspended for the next qualifier. I hope Wales qualifies for 2018, but I suppose its not so bad Bale won't get another 90 in after such an important stretch we're about to partake in through April

13. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    There always seems to be Gareth Bale reports in the English press, but you all don't discuss it much. Why? Choices are: a) don't believe it, b) don't care, c) doesn't matter because he's always injured or suspended.

Note: b) and c) kind of sound like the same thing....b) means more like "don't care what he says/does because he's so dreamy."

14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We take your biggest and best British players and don't care enough to even discuss them.

J-Mezzy and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) English Press is infamously awful

and more importantly

2) If he were to decide to leave, we all know it would be a downgrade and hence it would be his loss. We all know he's a massive player, there's hardly any incentive to go to inferior clubs other than his heritage.

and lastly,

3) Madrid's checkbook and reputation is best in the world. Players come and go. If he were to leave, we know Flo would find a worthy replacement. We have superstar players like James that can't even play for us.

So, it doesn't particularly worry us

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #6291 YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    If he left half of this forum would celebrate. The othet half (which I'm a part of) would miss him but then look at his injury record at the club and the dynamic upcoming youngsters and get over it.

If he is leaving I just want us to gut whatever English club buys him for something crazy like 200ME. You guys can afford it since you seem to think you have unlimited funds now.

AriGold, Crimson and Doni repped this.
  17. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really needs to step in the derby hes been as poor as anything since returning .

18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All big English clubs are now owned by individuals and it's not far from the truth, luckily they still don't know what the hell they're doing with all that money half the time. I wouldn't be against selling the Gareth to United if these injuries (and poor form after the injuries) continue honestly.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Bale was in good dorm before his yearly mid-season sabatical.

Heading goals very well.

20. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yea he was but like always he misses most the season so he should be putting in performances when hes back but hes been garbage since coming back from injury .

Hes excuses has been that he works hard in defence something that lucas can easily do ..its not good enough for 90 million pound winger .

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't blame him for getting injured. I mean what can he do?

22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The question should be: what can WE do about it? We clearly have some options regarding this issue.

Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale is sort of a marquee player. I could see him leaving the club, but i don't see the club pushing him out without mutual interest in the move.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I think he meant what can we do about it in terms of our medical/trainers staff which is horrible yet manage to retain their jobs because of nepotism.

25. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    So where's the endless drumbeat of "Bale wants Ronaldo gone cause he's (Ronaldo) not playing well?" coming from? Made up?
    Cause it's not apparent that Bale has any room to talk...............