The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    English player giving an interview to an english newspaper about english football. People surprised he's praising english football/finding excuses for them. As long as he doesn't go Dani Alves calling Spain a "backwards country", i don't really care. Press work is telling people what they want to hear.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This would make more sense to me if the english player was getting paid by an English team therefore what he said would have an impact in England , but, said English player plays for "Wales" so as we've all witnessed, no love lost there, plays for Madrid in La Liga which "he" chose to do after apparently receiving numerous great offers from "big" clubs in the "supposedly" superior EPL, so I'm wondering who is he trying to appease if what you say is correct, unless he is planning to head back to the EPL soon , which of course , knowing me , would be just fine, my thought.

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We know each one of your posts is "my thought", I promise you. And your feelings towards Bale still make me chuckle.

Crimson repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6254 Digital, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Sorry, "my thought" is a habit, don't want anyone thinking it's a fact, just what I think , some posters can be very sensitive , and I'm glad I can give you a bit of a laugh, can't take this stuff too serious, just opinions, still I stand by that particular "opinion/thought"

I forgot to add though, did "my thought " make any sense to you regarding the particular post or because I'm not a Gareth fan did that automatically make it pure unadulterated garbage spewed by a, "hater"?,

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are definitely a "hater" but that doesn't make you "wrong" on ALL points just maybe a little "obsessed" and it shows by your "taking issue" with his "praise" of the "best league in the world" in that "interview" with British "journalists"......you have a "soft" spot for Bale and I would "respect" it more if you just were "up front" about instead of trying to seem "objective" towards him which you clearly aren't, for whatever reason. My thought (haha).

hala_madrid722 and Umar repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Contrary to what some of you guys may think, I do believe Bale was not lying out of his ass just to please the press. That is silly. I happen to agree with most of the things he said, yet I dont think that the EPL is the best league in the world.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    While @Digital's points on Bale are sometimes over the top, he's usually pretty spot on, at least in line with my thoughts.

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale's not even English so why would he have to kiss up to the English because he's being interviewed by their newspapers?

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol how would Bale know?

He has played like 10 La Liga matches in three seasons. :D

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    My thought is that @Digital and @natenate101 are quite thoughtless and hence their thoughts mean nothing to me. That's my thinking though. Any thoughts?

temesgen, Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    whoa, that's good, just like if I was posting, you are making me chuckle now , ok, how about this scenario, you never ever engage me (which is fine) "unless" I speak about Gareth, Madrid has a squad of players, like everyone else here, as we are free to do, I compliment or complain about all of them as I see it when the games are played or when it comes to transfers, not a word when it's others, only when I speak about Gareth, many others here addressed this topic and what they thought of what Gareth had to say directly, not a word,

I addressed one post on which I have a different point of view, I took no issue with what he had to say, I was disputing an explanation put forward for it, and, here you are Nate, if anyone has a "soft" spot for Gareth, I'd say it's not me, my view about Gareth remains the same, i've never wavered on this so I can't imagine how I can be hypocritical, it's like you just don't like me having anything to say about him, or maybe not, who knows,

will he have good games yes, do I think that much of him as a player, other than he has improved his football somewhat, not really, would you "respect" it more if even when he plays well I said he plays rubbish because that's what you expect or that when he plays well I say so, which one would be better you think, or maybe you could care less which would fine too, no worries

Again, it's all just opinions I just say what I think to add to the conversation like everyone else and that's it, then off to live life, Gareth is a multi millionaire who does not know I exist from Adam, and who could also care less what I think, we are all just here because we support the same team and that's it, have a good day dude, that's the end of this for me, we move on, hoping for a win and three points today to capitalize on Farca's slip, I'll miss it because I have to work but will watch when I get in and contribute my opinions on the game on the thread, oh and,"my thought"

Deep Pal and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6262 natenate101, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Ok dude, thanks for the thoughts. I see this one way and you see it another. I have no soft spot for most players at Madrid (except Pepe and maybe Vasquez) including Bale but when I see someone go in on a player, yet rarely if ever praise them when they've played well, it annoys me. That's how I see you with regards to Bale and that's why I respond the way I do. That's me expressing MY thoughts. It's specific to you and your approach towards the Bale stuff. Otherwise I have no issue with you. But yeah, we see things differently here and it's pretty clear we aren't gonna agree anytime soon.

Anon. repped this.
  13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just ordered a new Bale jersey.

Just wanted to share :D

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  14. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd say this actually annoyed me quite a bit. Especially coming at a time in between injuries and suspension, where Bale is no where to be seen recently. I don't care about his comparison between the leagues, it's his attitude when playing for us that doesn't sit right.

As someone else said, he has never won the league with us, so to claim that he can take the foot off the gas is ridiculous. His timing here is just awful, we had just come off a draw at home to Las Palmas, which we very nearly lost.

Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe, Ronaldo. These are the leaders in the team right now. Bale is not, and it's not because someone is stopping him. We need players who step up not take their foot off. Unless he's knocking in first half hat tricks against every lower half club, how does he have the right to say this?

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Can't remember the last time he played 5 games at a stretch .

We got two UCL with BBC , that's great as it gets, time to slowly steer away from possibly all of them.

Kroosinator repped this.
  16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, I really don't think this is a big deal to anyone but people on here. Think about how many 4-0s and 5-0s Bale has been involved in since coming to Madrid. I'm confident there weren't nearly as many while he was in the EPL. Madrid regularly wipes the floor with the minnows, even though we've had trouble in that regard as of late. He may be thinking of that.

With his injury history and such, I'd be pretty upset if he complained about his contract or how he is being used on the pitch at this point. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on right now. But the dude stepped up when Ronaldo went down last season and has shown he can be a leader for his NT. Those 4 you mentioned are obviously the leaders because they the captains and have the longest tenure with the club. They are also the loudest voices in the room, and that's a good thing. I love those guys.

Bottom line, I don't get why people are so upset by this and I still suspect it's largely due to people disliking the EPL vs La Liga comparisons. Maybe he could have chosen his words better? Sure. But this bothers me much less than what James was doing around the time of the CWC and Isco's comments a few weeks ago and his future. That can be unsettling stuff, not this.

Let me add, I've been pretty underwhelmed with Bale this season in general, and his recent red card was boneheaded at best.

hala_madrid722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    While I do understand where you are coming from the fact that he hasn't won a league in his three years here, yet he claims he is able to take his foot off the gas just bothers me.

Of course he can lead Wales, he's a big fish in a small pond. He has done it at times for us, I'm not going to deny that. But he frustrates, as his only constant is his inconsistency. He can take an example from the team captains, that is my point. Ronaldo's legendary goal scoring, Pepe's fight, Marcelo's tears, Ramos's last gasp bullet headers and Bale's foot off the gas.

Deep Pal and natenate101 repped this.
  18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we disagree. Some people aren't as outwardly emotional. He's had his moments and although his injuries are super frustrating I don't have issues with his dedication or desire.

Shay Z, russian hattie and Anon. repped this.
  19. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True. At times his personality has been what is needed, a cool and calm head (let's ignore that previous sending off for now). It just isn't what the spirit of this team is about, and needs to be about. It suits Wales, it suits Spurs, but it's different here. Maybe it will change, and maybe I'm reading too much into it right now. But his first poor display when he returns, and this quote will be the first thing in my mind.

In regards to the EPL vs La Liga debate, on that I can agree with the notion of "who cares?".

natenate101 repped this.
  20. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "lol"

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo has been anything but a leader for the team. One of the greatest players to ever play for us, but an example to avoid for me personally.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What Bale and many EPL fans don't realize is that Barcelona and Madrid would still be winning 4-0 and 5-0 in the almighty EPL. Their league is not harder, their top teams simply are shit consistently

23. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What you can't avoid is the fact that many players look up to him, including ones in our team. He is an example in his training, in his desire and his attitude (yes, not perfect at all times, but this applies to Ramos, Pepe and Marcelo as well). We have even seen evidence of him leading the changing room with speeches.

Subjectively you may not like his example, but it can't be argued that he is not one of the leaders in that group.

24. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo's mentality towards the game and professionalism makes him an example

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  25. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very true, well said.