The Walking Dead - season 8

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think the idea is that by smearing their weapons in infected tissue, they will immediately infect an enemy even if the wound they cause with their weapon is only minor.

2. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, I get what they intend to do…I just don’t buy it and think its pretty lame at this point…I think they have well established the virus/infection doesn’t really survive or transfer outside a “live” host…so many cases have shown that it’s just not that contagious outside an actual bite…. they have never shown a concern or even a mention of anyone being infected outside a bite, that I can recall anyway….

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmm... interesting point.

It does seem strange that people haven't thought of it being a danger until now but then, wouldn't it have infected people wearing blood and guts as camouflage if they had a tiny cut or abrasion?

I think it's one of those things that works when the writers WANT it to work.

Belgian guy repped this.
  4. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is another poorly translated item from the comic books. And yeah, it served no purpose at the end there. It was more confusing, had to be explained for some and there was zero threat or tension conveyed to bridge to upcoming episodes. If Negan would have said something like "we are going to rain down dead shrapnel on Hilltop" that would have sent a message - that would have meant something - a nail or sharp nugget of walker covered stuff = eventual death. That can still happen but I'll take bets here it won't - they will follow the comic story to the letter which really does not translate to captivating television.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The Rick vs. Negan fight was fan-servicey nonsense.

Also, Jadis showing up just in time to pick up Negan is a bit too convenient.

The new group is absurd beyond words. There is no way a trio of hippie-happy individuals survive for this long just trading on the power of positive thinking and some conceptual models of medieval era technology.

6. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give them credit. This episode was much better.

There were two twists at the end that will keep my interest until next week.

I also got the not so subtle gender direction; the men were fighting, trying to kill everyone and each other while three women met the three women from the new group to build something for the future in exchange for music.

Decent broment between Rick and Daryl. Even though I knew where it was heading Simon did a good job suckering Dwight into his scheme; you actually thought he might have been serious about cutting losses and moving on.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought Dwight went WAY past where Simon was going when he said he was going to wipe the hilltop out.

Not sure how that's going to work out.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I read they might be another group from the comics but that that's WAY ahead of time.

Belgian guy repped this.
  9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Rick ramming his car into the caravan of Negan's people is beyond suicidal stupidity. But whatever.

Belgian guy repped this.
  10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think it's pretty clear that this show stopped trying to make any sort of logical sense ages ago.

11. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wait the newcomers were three women?

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Yes! I thought this was made clear?

13. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I was pissed watching it and they reminded me of River Phoenix so I assumed they were male.

Belgian guy repped this.
  14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No wonder they got lost

:giggle:

malby repped this.
  15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, I’m not there yet, in the middle of season 12

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The attack on the Hilltop's community was stupid.
    Both in terms of how they structured their defense (they had like at least a day to prepare and this is what they came up with) and the attack (allow themselves to be funneled into a choke-point then walk into an open field in front of the building they know to be filled with people armed with assault rifles).
    Also, they don't even try to have character arcs that make sense anymore. Tara goes from wanting to kill Dwight so bad she is willing to risk her life to do so to willing to forgive him after he injured her in the attack on the Hilltop's community. :confused:
    With only three more episodes, I don't see how they salvage this season from being the worst one yet. It won't even be close in that regard.

mike4066 repped this.
  19. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes the tactics of the attack were stupid but it was tense and I thought handled well. The Hilltop reanimation sequence was also decent.

For me, the stupidity was the deal with the kid conveniently unlocking the pen and the end where it went from night to day and stuff just happened with no real "cliffhanger".

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed the kid opening the pen was stupid IMHO. He could have done what he wanted without entering it.

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't find it that tense, tbh... mainly as I couldn't see a bloody thing. It was pitch black, AGAIN!!! :mad:

22. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I watched the episode with my kid who used to be a fan but gave it up and her comment on the opening was 'Are there even zombies in it anymore?'. So yes the reanimation sequence did help a lot. But those fools all bunched up marching to the house was ridiculous.

Belgian guy repped this.
  23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So who did Negan pick up on the side of the road? One of Dollar Store Jack Elam's crew?

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just going back to the one last week again as it just occurred to me the other day.

So, they'd been attacked already by dozens of armed men and they ALL decide to have a nice little snooze without leaving anyone on guard?

I mean, was that wise?

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Rick has gone off the rails...again.

The boy is conveniently found. Morgan is losing it again. Chopper flying. This show is just awesome. :)