The Walking Dead - season 7

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

I don't know why I had to laugh so hard at that Proclaimers joke. :D

2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a painful episode for folks invested in these characters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really? For me it was more... maeaah....

Dante repped this.
  4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Show Spoiler
    but Glenn. Although I understand that he should already be dead according to the comics

I try to enjoy it independent of the comics/books, like GoT

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It felt like they tried to drag it out as long as they could, which got a little boring. I will admit the second death surprised me, but I expected it to happen at some point.

6. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Brutal, painful, emotional awesomeness….it was horrible, in a good way, and I loved it! I hate to see some of my favorite characters killed off (over the course of the show), but it wouldn’t be such a great show without it…

7. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The episode was good. I felt the direction and acting were wonderful. Jeffrey Dean Morgan seems perfect for the role and either a great actor or enjoying it a little too much; creepy and charismatic. The violence was excessive and brutal.
    My only complaint was the writing and the direction I see things going. I have this feeling we're going to have average paced "separation" episodes like the lead up to Terminus (which I felt were good but not great). There will be a Dwight / Darrel episode or two, Kingdom episode, Hilltop episode, Negan visit and maybe a Carl episode leading up to a momentum shift to end the half season.

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    That was sort of how I imagine the comics are like. Super violent - dramatic scenes - lots of visuals - I kind of felt like it was a comic book on TV. I'm probably going to stop watching this season - I only saw last night because I was at a friends. The appeal of gratuitous violence for me has diminished in my old age and I can't stand Rick. The only ones I sorta like left are Carol, Daryl and his other brother Maggie.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This is already bullshit again. Negan is acting too reckless for a man who has survived this long and has climbed so high. The stuff with the axe was ridiculous. Sure, he had a gun, but Rich certainly had enough time to throw the thing at him, which would have been enough to seriously injure him if Rick got even a bit lucky.

Alberto repped this.
  10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Alberto repped this.
  11. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The popped out eyeball scene was taken directly from a panel in the comic book.

dark knight repped this.
  12. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Some good lines in there that I agree with. My ex-gf liked this show so I would watch but without her driving it, I can't bring myself to bother.

13. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I couldn’t disagree more; a very superficial review hiding behind a lot of big words and cliché conclusions…I have never talked about or said “OMG, what an awesome kill last night!” At least within my group co-workers/friends/family….And if the specifics of this killing or that killing is mentioned, it’s in passing or a very minor side note…

What we mostly talk about is the drama, the relationships, the twisting, unfolding story lines, etc…no, it’s not GD Shakespeare…but for popcorn, zombie-themed TV show based off a damn comic book, it isn’t half bad either…far more than most complainers/critics/haters give it credit for… at least imho…

Grouchy and malby repped this.
  14. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the very least this show pulls the emotional strings. Rick could have grabbed the hatchet and buried it in Negan's skull. But this show has never made sense.

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What would have happened to the rest of the group or his son had he done that? Who would he have consolidated and reorganized with to save the group? He was pretty much f**ked.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I think at that point, Rick was already broken.

mike4066 and Boandlkramer repped this.
  17. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, he already witnessed what happened with an outburst.

Another friend slaughtered.

If he killed Negan in the bus or when he asked to chop Carl's hand there were still 30 or 40 enemies, all with superior weapons, that would have likely killed everyone on Rick's team after killing Rick. Even if Carl and Michonne somehow survived what point would it serve if everyone else is dead and more than likely there were Saviors left to do who knows what without whatever checks and balances Negan has in place.

Which is why Negan reminded him "doesn't have to happen to anyone else"...

18. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, he had no other options.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Melissa McBride should win an award for that scene with King Ezekiel.
    That was basically a full-body eye roll hidden underneath a smile.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never watched the show. But I get the premise. I've thought about Netflixing it. But here's my question.

You have scattered bands of humans trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Why in the world would those scattered bands fight each other? That would seem like a sure path to extinction, not to mention irrational on its face.

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think you've just described the tragic nature of human history there.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  23. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Never underestimate the capacity of humans to be irrational, selfish and petty…and remember, it doesn’t require everyone being irrational, selfish and petty to cause problems….

Working together, being stronger together is certainly a theme in the show as well….it just doesn’t always work out that well, and has recently had the crap literally and figuratively beaten out of it…but I have little doubt that theme was make a comeback in the weeks/seasons ahead…

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. The Zombie threat makes things different.

If you want to bring up human history, Winston Churchill quite happily allied with the Soviet Union to fight Hitler.

I'm just trying to figure out exactly how high I'm going to have to suspend my disbelief if I choose to invest my time in this show.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're always going to have people that want to control things, even during a zombie apocalypse. Those people will do anything to be in power, even if it means killing others.

mike4066 repped this.