The Walking Dead (Season 2) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could have died for a number of reasons like being poisoned or suicide.

2. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    True true. At least the show has finally given us something to speculate about.

3. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    Good question. The writers probably didn't even think about that part. :p What type of building were they guarding- I thought it was like a government administrative facility where they park a bunch of school buses? I assume all the other zombies who were inside the building were maybe workers or people who came there for shelter? When Shane first went into one of the buses, I thought there was blood and a baby seat, it looked like people had been killed in the bus. The gate was secure, so it didn't looked like it was overrun from the outside by zombies.

Maybe the people there just got boxed in and there wasn't enough food or water. They couldn't leave and just essentially starved to death. After they died, the zombies outside the fence just shambled away, because their meal got spoiled.

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But then how were there dead bodies in the cars in the first episode of the season? And what about the dudes that Rick killed in the bar? Shouldn't they have reanimated?

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He shot them both in the head didn't he? That would keep them from coming back most likely based on everything else we've seen...

6. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    The guys in the bar were shot in the head, so they wouldn't reanimate.

You're right about the dead bodies on the highway, though. It seems like that may have just been sloppy writing.

7. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's possible that since those people died on the highway shortly after the outbreak that they wouldnt have been infected yet. We dont know that everyone in the world was infected or just people who had been in contact with zombies.

8. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm sick and tired of the zombies constantly making the wrong decisions week in week out. Those three zombies continued to munch on the cow as their brethren were slaughtered whilst last week their brother stopped munching the cow and snuck up on Dale managing to take him out. Silly zombies I don't know why I bother watching this show oh wait .. it's got HUMANS in it.

On the dead turning into zombies without been bitten, this is actually not the first time it's been shown. Remember the dude who hung himself? He was that high up no way he could have been bitten.

9. muskiesrock35

muskiesrock35 Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Cincinnati
    PHEWWW let me catch my breath on that one. Great episode!

10. DCUSKINS

DCUSKINS Member

May 26, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That. Was. Awesome.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best scene in the entire series so far was when Daryl was riding down the road in the dawn, captured a lot of emotion.

Oh and, Michonne. Interesting.

12. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. What the hell happened???

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That really was a great episode.

I'd love to know what's up with the zombie migration.

14. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    What was up with the helicopter?

15. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    completely missed that

what portion of the show was it?

there was another helicopter in atlanta in the first season

16. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    Rick saw a helicopter when he went to Atlanta in the first season. It was probably the same one.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes at the beginning of last nights season finale a helicopter flies over Atlanta and the zombies all follow the copter. It was almost as of the copter was the pied piper.

In season one when Rick drove into Atlanta the same helicopter flybpast the city.

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So is the idea that the huge herd ran over everything in between Atlanta and Hershel's farm or was it just bad luck that made them arrive at the Greene farm?

Also, nice to see that they bought their guns at the same store as most cowboys in old westerns. :D

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I was surprised to see her!

I had imagined she wouldn't feature at all in the TV series, not after they had changed so much from the source material already. Doesn't her inclusion change the entire tone of the show?

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to see that they introduced her, but considering that they've killed some and left others alive I'm not surprised. oh and they also gave a shot of the prison.

Sad to see the RV blow, but since they already killed Dale :rolleyes: I guess they didn't need it anymore.

21. muskiesrock35

muskiesrock35 Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Lori is getting on my damn nerves. Was she angry because her booty call is gone? Because Carl killed her booty call? Because when she told Rick to, "Deal with it", she thought Shane would come out victorious?

Can't wait to see this badass ninja chick. I read some spoilers from the comic and she seems so interesting.

22. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this.

I will cheer if she gets gored by a herd... i would be a fan...

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    That was just bad writing. Just 3-4 episodes ago, she herself stopped just short of telling Rick that he needed to kill Shane. When he does it for real - after Shane tries to kill him, no less - she gets on spiteful on him? How is that in any way consistent with her earlier behavior?

And season three will be pretty brutal if even half of the shit that happens in the prison in the comics gets transfered to the TV show. :)

24. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Brutal in a good way? Actually - don't answer that - I think I'd rather stay relatively unspoiled about ninja chicks and prisons.

It was odd how nuts they made Rick seem - but the dude stabbed his best friend - I'm okay with weird reactions. And if that last scene was a little awkward, that was still one of the better episodes in a while and why you haters are still around ;)

25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Brutal as in a lot darker than the stuff we got so far. ;)

I do find it interesting that after going off script (in terms of staying truthful to the comic) for nearly all of this season, they return to the source material in the set-up for season 3. Is this because some of the criticism they got this season or was that always their intention?