The Walking Dead (Season 2) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Oct 14, 2011.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BUT for the sake of the dramatic tension, Shane never brought that up because that would have been completely inconvenient for the writers to structure around.

2. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Shane get turned into a zombie anyway? I don't recall him getting scratched or bit (bitten??)

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Randall didn't get bitten either... I think they are establishing that everybody who dies turns into a zombie now, unless it's headshot that kills you (probably), or burned up, or...

4. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    The Walking Dead Recap (ew.com)

5. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are already all infected. You have to die for the virus or whatever to come active.

I think this is exactly what the guy at the CDC told Rick.

Either everyone in the world got infected somehow and when people started dieing, the virus spread or more likely everyone has been infected by getting splattered by zombie blood.

I kind of wonder if Herschal's family is infected since they havent been exposed to zombies for the most part. If some of them die the next episode like I think they will (other than Maggie and Herschel, they arent really part of the storyline), we will find out.

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The actress that plays Maggie was Taj's love interest in Van Wilder 2. I just realized that. It wasnt a very good movie but she was hot in it.

7. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, I believe they are all infected and the virus becomes activate when they die.

In cases of those bitten, I gather they develop the infection and die. Why being bitten would induce it over being covered or sprayed in zombie blood doesn't make sense to me. Particularly since a number of them have had cuts and got zombie blood on them.

9. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if you are bitten and this stuff is like venom, it likely emits so much into the blood stream that it overrides your system. The amount going into the blood stream from a splatter is likely to be minimal.

The only person that I think should be turned based on encounters is Daryl. He had an arrow used to kill who knows how many zombies go straight through his core and through or touching vital organs. No way that doesnt turn you. Although who knows how long the virus or whatever stays active.

10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    You remind me of the fat kid from Stand By Me who always tells Gordy how he can make his stories better.

11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Pretty obvious that Shane thought Rick to be a complete wuss incapable of killing his former best buddy.

12. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Or as in The Stand where some people are immune to the virus.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Then why even take the gun?:D

14. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually thinking of the Stand when I read that and thought that some people might actually end up being immune to the virus. If it is a virus, some people might be more susceptible than others. Actually, if it is a virus, then most definitely some people are going to be more suspectible than others. Did the CDC guy say whether it was a virus or not?

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Well at some point ya got no one to blame if you keep watching it.

Watchmen wasn't in the same universe as Sucker Punch - at least as far as bad movies go - but I didn't read either of the source material. I thought Watchmen was okay.

Man this episode confused the heck out of me. I thought it was a dream sequence at the end - how did Shane re-animate that fast without a bite? Even bites take like 24 hours.

16. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy at the CDC said it can occur in as little as 3 minutes.

17. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    For a second I thought maybe Shane had knocked himself out when he rammed his head into the tree and perhaphs been attacked by a walker. It's looking like everything is leading back to the revelation that everyone is carrying the virus.

18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    When/where did they reveal this? I guess it does explain how people are zombies that haven't been consumed by other zombies.

19. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    It would of been the episode where the CDC blew up or thereabouts.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    But they didn't reveal what was said did they?

21. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When the CDC guy was showing the image of his wife changing. He said the change occurs in as little as 3 minutes but up to like 18 hours or something like that.

22. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    So then the question becomes, what happened with the 2 cops who turned without having any bite marks. I don't remember their cause of death being revealed. It's pretty unlikely both would have died of natural causes and then turned, and if they didn't die any other way then that would mean they just flat out turned zombie from something in the air or somehow injested infected blood.

23. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    The show might get more interesting though if anyone could turn at any time.

24. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My theory is that the initial outbreak infected most people. The people that are still undead possibly have a kind of immunity, or are just very lucky. The virus is in them but doesn't "activate" until they die. So, a zombie bite doesn't spread the actual virus, but provides a lethal infection.

25. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    They could have committed suicide by poisoning themselves or something like that. Or maybe they had a heart attack. The fact that they didn't have bites, gunshot wounds, or any other open wound doesn't mean that didn't die.