The Walking Dead season 10

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I don't know if anyone is still on board.

That opening scene (a phalanx formation?) was not just bordering on self-parody but ten miles into its territory.

The rest of the episode was slightly better. Having said that, I'm not sure if we can really deem it all that interesting if season ten is just them dealing with another big bad all season long. Especially since I think the Whisperers are some of weakest and least interesting villains they have had throughout their entire run.

2. Sawedoff

Sawedoff Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Aug 9, 2015
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be worse than the journey to Terminus. I was excited for the time jump and seeing how things developed. I don't think they changed enough, or ended up with a good enough baddie. Haven't watched the season premier, so don't know if they're in it, but I was excited for the Highwaymen until "things" happened at the end of last season. Not sure if they'll be a thing. Petty kingdom's squabbling for supremacy in the zombie-infested world could be interesting, but if its the same guys going against a new bad guy they'll beat but at terrible cost each time.... just a bit repetitive.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree.

They showed them firing arrows at target and being reasonably accurate but, tbh, if they just fired arrows at a herd which they suspected had whisperers embedded, (which is near silent), it's not like they could all just run away without attracting the attention of the walkers, is it.

Th old English longbow had a range of around 200+ yards. So they could pick out a herd and just pile arrows into the area, (maybe smeared in walker guts so the wounds would get infected), and the whisperers 'problem' disappears in pretty short order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_longbow#Range

If there were no whisperers there it wouldn't make a difference apart from taking out some walkers which is what they're trying to do anyway. If the herd turns towards them it must be led by the whisperers so just fire at them first. Again, problem solved.

Also, whatever happened to Eugene's efforts to manufacture ammo for guns that Negan had him doing? Wouldn't that give them an overwhelming advantage? IIRC they even had some MG's that would take out even a huge herd PDQ.

I mean, the whisperers are a mostly unarmed opponent that moves incredibly slowly, mixed in with a group of things, (that also moves incredibly slowly), you want to kill anyway... what's the problem???

Sawedoff repped this.
  4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The Eugene ammo thing is another thing that they are just ignoring. The fact that he sabotaged the ammo he made for Negan does not mean he cannot make proper ammo for the good guys.

Though after ten seasons, consistency has never been one of their fortes.

Sawedoff repped this.
  5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If they didn't have a threat then it would make sense. Y'know, why waste time on weapons with nobody to use them against but the thing is they HAVE had multiple people killed so there clearly IS a threat.

Their level of expertise and ability to organise seems to ebb and flow with the level of threat they face... but in reverse.

Sawedoff and Belgian guy repped this.
  6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Nearly at the halfway mark and this season has been pretty dismal. The Whisperers are the least interesting villains in this show's entire run and nothing else has happened this season.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Negan going walkabout is interesting. He's obviously, 'on manoeuvres', as the saying goes.

Also, Eugene's new radio contact has 'legs' IMO. That will be interesting going forward.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Are they giving Eugene a love interest? Radio lady, whoever she is? Much of his scenes so far have been about how lonely he feels.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's my guess. As usual it will all go tits up for him I suppose but we'll so.

Negan's line is more interesting because I'm still not sure what the dynamic is supposed to be in the whisperers group. I get that she's got a mental hold on the people whilst the group has been on it's own but if you were in it and you became aware of another large group that was a functioning, comfortable society, wouldn't you just bugger off and join them?

Belgian guy repped this.
  10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think the idea is that they weed out all of the folks who aren't docile followers. That's why they immediately killed the one guy who publicly questioned her plans last week.

Of course, this makes it total ********ing nonsense that they would keep a guy like Negan around.

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, this is what doesn't make sense. Fact is that most people will be docile followers if they think you'll keep them alive when that's not particularly easy.

But if there's an alternative group that will do that AND will give you a warm meal, a bath and somewhere warm to take a shit, wouldn't people just try and slip away at night or whatever?
    Yet another area of manufactured drama...

Belgian guy repped this.
  12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Well I guess I should be happy something happened. But what the hell did actually happen? Did I miss something? When was it revealed that Dante was one of the Whisperers? And if that is in fact the case, how did Siddiq not find out about it much earlier?

Also, besides this and Negan escaping, this season has moved at a glacial pace and we already are at the mid season break after next week's entry.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HAS that been revealed? I'm not sure WHAT happened, tbh.

I thought Siddiq just went potty and attacked him.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Okay, so after The Governor, Alpha, Negan we now have a bad guy named Pope? Are they just ********ing with us at this point? :ROFLMAO:

I can't say I'm surprised, but another season and another evil group (Reapers)? (yes I know this is technically the third part of season ten but it feels like a new season)