The Vietnam Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ntn1987, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Akai_shuichi

Akai_shuichi New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The match great, Vietnam

2. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    So the new "Hanoi FC" got their first big signing. Heard they lured Le Cong Vinh from T&T.

Also, heard HAGL picked up a coach from Korea.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They sure do know how to "HAGL" :D

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  5. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I just remembered something. Doesn't T&T's second team already used the Hanoi FC name? I remember reading somewhere they took that name after T&T took over Vittell FC.

6. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Right. Two clubs have the same name. Not sure how VFF will solve this. I guess one will have to change name.

7. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Have they announced who will get to stay in the Second Division now that ACB gets to stay in the V-League? Probably Nam Dinh since they finished higher than Hue, right?

8. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No, Nam Dinh won't get it. That place can be either retained as a B team of Hanoi ACB or be sold to other club.

9. omnione

omnione Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lee is not cap-tied to the United States since his only matches were in friendlies and in the Copa America 2007, I believe. His participation in the Copa America doesn't count against him because the United States were participating as a guest outside CONMEBOL, turning those matches into glorified friendlies from FIFA's position.

I believe that he could still play for Vietnam. However, he's still in the US without a club. Who knows how his plans may change in the next few years.

10. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Sorry but if it is true that he played in the Copa America for the US men's team, regardless if the US was a guest team, they are considered official caps by FIFA, as Copa America is a FIFA sanctioned continental championship tournament. He is therefore ineligible for Vietnam, which is a shame really since I think he would have been a good addition to Vietnam and SEA football.

11. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    There are some rumors that the League will change it's name from V-League to the Vietnamese Premier League. Does changing the name erase peoples' ill thoughts of Vietnamese football? I'm sorry but the corruption doesn't end with the V-League. It goes up with the National team and VFF. Like the saying goes, 'You can shine a piece of poop but at the end of the day, it's still a shiny piece of poop.'

12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I know they are trying to bring in a professional body to run the elague, something like Vietnam Professional League or something. You never know, maybe a name change will be like in England when they launched the Premier League. You would have thought mind that football in England wasn't played before 1992 with the name change!!

Name change or not, like you say, things won't change. But how proffesional is anyone in VFF? One minute we have league expansion, the next we have teams pulling out. Teams sold so that other teams can play in the top flight. You don't have to win a championship to be champions. You can buy the championship from another club.

13. Akai_shuichi

Akai_shuichi New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    U23 Vietnam in seagame 26 are a big lost,many players show very bad

14. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Still I gave creadit to 2 vietnamese players. The Number 8 and the Goal Keeper! Those 2 are playing with their heart.

15. Akai_shuichi

Akai_shuichi New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, Number8 is Trong Hoang Nguyen, but in SG26 he not better than himself. Beside we have Captain Thanh Luong with fighting spirit.

16. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Red Card

Nov 21, 2011
  17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The V.League is to be renamed as the Super League!! Last week they renamed it Premier League. Wonder what it will be next week?

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  19. Mike Lares

Mike Lares New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 25, 2017
    Hello guys!!! Not that hardcore yet of a fan, since I have been living in Vietnam. Btw, I am half -American | Vietnamese and currently living HCMC and making a living out of creating websites, you can check out one - http://thethao247vn.com/. Feel free to visit it guys, please. I need your help.

20. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Anyone around? I'm heading to Vietnam in a couple of weeks and was looking for some English-language information on attending a game in Da Nang.