The Vietnam Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ntn1987, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    I realised that this forum doesnt have a thread dedicated to Vietnamese football.
    Anyway, Im a lunatical supporter of the Vietnam National Team (DTVN-Doi Tuyen Viet Nam) since birth and till death.
    I would like to meet other Viet fans out there.
    I have around 800 photos of DTVN, here they are:
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]DTVN Part 1 (200 pic)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13635949@N08/ [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif] DTVN Part 2 (67 pic)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13575233@N04/ [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif] CDVVN (Vietnam fans) Part 1 (200 pic)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13643850@N08/ [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif] CDVVN (Vietnam fans) Part 2 (184 pic)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13597153@N06/ [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif] Lê Công Vinh-The Vietnamese favourite football son (67 pic)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13574779@N03/

and heres my youtube
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=ntn1987 [/FONT]

Intro:
    To me football is more than just a sport, it is also a way for me to show off my Vietnamese Patriotism to the ultra.
    What goes on the field define football, but what goes off the field make football special.
    The Vietnamese people is deeply devided thank to a bunch of brainwashed, biased and retarded politicians and militants. However, football and its power has crushed all of that.
    That is what makes football so special.

Everytime the Vietnam National Football Team plays, I:
    -wear the Vietnam Shirt
    -write on my heart 'Viet Nam'
    -write on my body 'Viet Nam TIEN LEN'
    -dye my hair red
    -pump 13 balloons (11 are for the players, 1 for the people, 1 for the Fatherland, all of them have the slogan 'Viet Nam TIEN LEN')
    -buy a few bundles of sparkles, if Im lucky then a few mini fireworks/flares, I light them up when Vietnam comes onto the field, after Vietnam scored a goal, 5 minutes from full time (when Vietnam is leading)
    -put red banner all over my room (i cover my room with red)
    -sing the national anthem (quietly to avoid conflict with the anti-communist, Note: I am not a patron of Vietnamese communism, but a proud patron of Vietnamese football)
    -I put on the avartar a photo of the Vietnam national team
    -I put on the nick "Viet Nam TIEN LEN! TIEN LEN!! TIEN LEN!! on my messenger, blog, etc)
    -drink Vietnamese Iced Coffee (Ca Phe Sua Da), i use the glass to slam the table-you should try it, wonderful feeling!

and above all:
    -I watch the game with BURNING PATRIOTISM!!

2. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
  3. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    There has been articles circling the news (or rumour) about Japanese J-League and J-League 2 clubs wanting Le Cong Vinh (The Inzaghi of Vietnam) and Phan Thanh Binh.
    The Vietnamese media has been quoting words from a Japanese journalist about the popularity of Le Cong Vinh in the Japanese football world. His sparking form in the Asian Cup 2007 and dazzling skills have captured the attentions of many Japanese clubs.
    Can any Japanese please confirm the above? Or is it just a another media's exaggerated "bomb" to get public notice?

4. jankity

jankity New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Well. Thank you!
    Cam on.

5. fancom

fancom New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Make a search yourself, you'll get nothing about that in the english versions of Japanese newspapers. I don't even know why vietnamnet had that rumour, they didn't even cite their sources.

P.S: You should include the introduction of history of Vietnamese football as well as the football league system in Viet Nam.

6. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Right now I am researching about the Vietnam Football Infrastructure/System.
    Why dont we all do a bit and post it on Wiki and here?

Heres are some basic facts:
    -Vietnam highest football league is the V-League.
    -2nd highest is the 1st Division (Giai Hang Nhat)
    -and then 3rd (Giai hang 3)and 4th (Giai Hang Tu),from what i heard, these two are amateur leagues.
    -at the end of the season, 2 bottom teams in the V-League ladders are relegate to the 1st Division, and 2 top teams in the 1st Divisions are promoted to the V-League.
    -the team tha won the V-League will plays in the Asian Champions League.
    -the team that won the National Cup (the Vietnamese version of the FA Cup) plays in the AFC Cup.

-the oldest football clubs is The Cong (traditionally, it is belongs to the armed forces).
    -the current champions for the V-League 2007 is Binh Duong.
    -the richest clubs is HAGL (Hoang Anh Gia Lai), owned by a multi-millionaire businessman. The club is connected to Arsenal and has a youth development centre.
    -the team that contribute the most players to the National Team is SLNA (Song Lam Nghe An). Hong Son, Le Cong Vinh, Huy Hoang, Van Quyen, Quoc Vuong are all products of the SLNA youth system. Theyre famous for the skills in taking free-kicks.
    -the team that has the most fanatical supporters is Thanh Hoa (a province/city below Ha Noi), the Thanh Hoa's fan are nationally famous and fear for their lunatical support. Two games have been cancelled because of their fans.
    -the teams that play the most boring type of football is Ha Noi-ACB and Ha Noi-Hoa Phat, despite being financially support by big corporations.

7. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    very nice.

8. georgemladenov

Apr 17, 2006
    What can you tell me about Binh Duong as a club, and their chances in the upcoming Champions League?

Also, what do you know of Dong Tam Long An?

9. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Binh Duong is a city situated north of Sai Gon (Ho Chi Minh City).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binh_Duong_Province

heres their homepage: http://www.bongdabinhduong.com/

Their homeground, Binh Duong's Stadium has seats for 20 000, i heard theyre planning on expanding it.
    Their home jersey is blue, away is red.
    Their coach is: Vuong Tien Dung.
    Their style of football is defensive-counterstrike, a lot of the time one of the defender would run up on the other side to assist the striker. A perfect example of this is the 1-0 goal in the Vietnam-UAE match when Quang Thanh (also a Binh Duong's defender) ran up to assist the striker. This surprise the opposition a lot. (Sorry but im not a football expert).

Their chance in the AFC Champions League?. I dont think they have any chance of qualifying for the next round. However, they have a very high chance of winning 1 or 2 games at home. If they lose, they would lose with honour.

As for Dong Tam Long An:
    Dong Tam Long An is a team based in Long An, near Sai Gon.
    Their coach is: Calisto (a Portugese)
    heres the homepage: http://dongtamfc.com/
    here are some photos: http://dongtamfc.com/photos.php

10. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    The Viet style of celebrating: "The wave"

The Viet style of celebrating: "The wave"

Vietnamese football have a very unique style of celebrating the National Team (NT) victory. We Vietnamese call it "the wave" (song) or "the storm" (bao).
    Why we call it "the wave" or "the storm"? Because Vietnamese fan celebrate the NT victory by riding motorcycles with a Vietnamese National Flag at the back around the city in massive numbers. The wave reaches its peak at around midnight. Please go to Vietnam to witness it.
    It is not for the faint hearted.
    The first time you see it, it gives you the creep.
    The second time you see it, you kinda like it.
    The third time you see it, you just wanna join in.

As for me, a proud (former) participant of "the wave", the feeling of being part of the wave, the feeling of riding a motorcycle with the Vietnamese National Flag with thoudsand of my countrymen is the greatest feeling ever. No other feelings can beat it, IT IS BETTER THAN SEX. I prefer doing that than having sex with the girl of my dream. Thinking about it just make me wanna do it right now. I feel like Im in heaven when i do it.

This is one of my fav photo:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13643850@N08/1386343760/

here are some vid filmed by some participants of "The Wave":
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJTBHbUvwI8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yMRyUAdMGTE
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=wU5O3Z9pw5I
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eoPKdTabsho

Note: although this sort of activity is illegal, no policeman have the balls to stop it.

Viet Nam TIEN LEN!

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    What are the preparations for World Cup Qualifiers against UAE on 8 October ? Any friendly matches ? UAE have played against Singapore (1-1) and will play Indonesia and Thailand before they meet UAE.

12. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    The UAE are testing different players and tactics, so dont based on their results in those friendly games.
    Theyre concentrating on getting their free kicks perfect, note how much chances they wasted in the Asian Cup.
    The Vietnam Leagues has finished, just a few more games in the National Cup and relegation/promotion playoff.
    Alfred Rield (the Vietnam's coach) will be in Thailand to watch the UAE games.
    The NT team players will gather shortly for trainning in Ha Noi.
    No friendly game, just a few trainning games with some V-League clubs.
    The UAE are burning for revenge but Vietnam wont be easy to beat. Vietnam has evolved beyond my imagination, Im not exagerating, thats the truth. From a corrupted football state, we are becoming a football power. God bless the corruption trial in January 2007.
    We will have around 1 month of rest so all the Vietnamese players fitness level will be at peak when they play the UAE.
    All of the fans are preparing for that game too. I am certain that My Dinh Stadium will be pack, more noisier, more "red", and more passionate.
    The UAE will be playing against 12 players in Vietnam.

For the first round in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers, all eyes will be on the Vietnam-UAE match.

I will keep inform if theres any news regarding the Vietnam National team.

Viet Nam TIEN LEN!

13. fancom

fancom New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Those are pretty wrong actually. The Vietnamese football pyramid has 5 regular leagues.

- At the top is the V-League which has 14 professional teams. Each team plays 26 matches. The champion is eligible to play in the Asian Champions League (and as ntn1987 said, the winner of National Cup plays in the AFC Cup). The bottom 2 teams are relegated to the First Division. The 12th team qualifies for relegation playoff against the 3rd team in First Division. Each team can register 5 foreign players but only 4 can include in the match squad and only 3 can play in the field at one time. Teams have to register 30 players to play in the league.

- The second league is the First Division which also has 14 professional teams. Each team plays 26 matches. The top 2 teams are promoted to the V-League. 3rd team qualifies for playoff. The bottom 2 teams are relegated to 2nd Division. Each team can register 3 foreign players. All 3 can be included in the match squad, but only 2 can play in the field at one time.

- The 3rd league is the Second Division which has 16 teams, both professional and semi-professional, divided into 3 groups (2 5-team groups and 1 6-team group). Teams play in round robin format. the 3 top teams as well as the 2nd team with most points qualifies for promotion playoff. The 2 winners are promoted to First Division. No teams are relegated. No foreign players are permitted to play.

- The 4th league is the amateur league. Number of teams varies years to years. Teams in 5th league can register to play in this 4th league. Usually, it has 14 teams. Top teams (I'm not sure how many) can apply to play in the 3rd league.

- The 5th league is also the amateur league. There are many teams (I don't know the number).

Otherwise, good work from ntn1987

14. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    thank fancom, i never know Vietnam has 5 leagues. Ive only heard of 4.
    anyway, i think our system allow our players to concentrate more on the NT unlike other countries like England.
    can you tell me know much game tickets cost?
    from what i heard:
    Class A: 60 000 ngan ($5 USD)
    Class B: 40 000 ngan ($3 USD)
    Class C: 20 000 ngan ($1 USD)

15. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    i wanna post up some Vietnamese chants, but i cant write anything offensive here.........:D

16. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Isn't Vietnamese currency called "Dong"? :confused:

17. fancom

fancom New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    The last league is actually composed of different municipal and regional amateur leagues.

Annually, there are also national U11, U13, U15, U17, U19. and U21 cups.

I haven't been in a game for 4 years now so I am not sure. That may vary from places to places as well.

18. fancom

fancom New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Binh Duong stadium is Go Dau, which has 25000 seats. Their manager is Le Thuy Hai. Vuong Tien Dung was their manager during the last season (2006). This year he was the manager of Hoa Phat Ha Noi but then resigned because of poor performances.

Henrique Calisto is director of football of Dong Tam Long An. Their manager is Huynh van San.

19. gmtfan

gmtfan New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Yeah, should be Dong or VND (international name)
    Ngan = 1000 lol, so it should be read

20. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    thank:eek:
    vietnamnet.vn dont update the profile of the clubs.:D
    the VFF (Vietnam Football Federation) website is really poor, even us amateur can do better.

21. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    So if Class A = 60,000 ngan, it means the ticket is 60,000,000 dong? :eek:

22. fancom

fancom New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    We should have introductions to all the V-League clubs, a few good First Division clubs, as well as notable players since 1991.

23. fancom

fancom New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    No, ntn1987 mistyped it. He should have typed like this:

Class A = 60,000 VND = $4.

24. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Sorry I mistyped.
    We Viet usually say Ngan (Thousand) for short instead of Ngan Dong (Thoudsand Dong).

25. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    What happended to Le Huynh Duc?
    Hes now a coach at Da Nang?
    The last news i read about him was he was sent to Germany for a short course on coaching.