The Vietnam Football Thread (Part2)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by druryfire, Jan 9, 2012.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The V League is coming right down to the wire.

Da Nang and T&T Hanoi have in recent weeks tried to throw the title away and have both let Saigon back into the picture.

As it stands, T&T lead on 46 points, 1 point clear of both Saigon and Da Nang with one game remaining. Saigon host T&T in the final game. Winner takes all. Da Nang will be looking for a draw to capitalise.

Down at the bottom, Hai Phong went down a long time ago, with a battle ensuing for the second relegation spot.

Dong Thap currently sit their, but also in the mire are Kien Giang, Khatoco Khanh Hoa and Hanoi. Hanoi shouldn't worry though, as their 2nd string came second in the 1st Division, so even if they do go down, they should be represented once again next year. If they do survive though, I guess it will come down to whoever 'buys' a slot in the top tier.

Dong Tam Long An will be back in the top flight next season.

Back to the championship itself, it must be one of the most competitive in Asia, every season the winners struggle to reach 50 points, and their always appears to be 2 or 3 teams in with a good shout.

As for the Vietnamese Cup, semi finals take place on the 25th August. It's a long wait from the earlier rounds which are rushed in at the beginning of the season in December and January.

Song Lam host Saigon and T&T host Da Nang which pits the top four teams of the season. Song Lam have been 4th placed since round 18

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    And it's Da Nang's championship!!

Da Nang got the win they needed and Saigon and T&T drew o:0.

This is Da Nang's 3rd championship, after 1992 and 2009. Hanoi T&T once again came runners up. Saigon came third in what now seems to myself anyway, the most exciting championship in South East Asia, they're about 4 or 5 teams that could in fact win the league - compare that with the Thai TPL which is all but over with a quarter of the season remaining.

So with Da Nang's 3rd championship, they now draw level in the overall titles stake with Song Lam and two behind The Cong, the former Army team who are now known as Viettel. After them is Cang Saigon, better known these days as Ho Chi Minh City.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  4. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  5. Arsenal-FC

Arsenal-FC Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Seems like you lads follow the Vietnamese league a lot. Both my parents are from there and I may be going back to visit later this year.. Any idea how to try out/play for either a top level or 2nd level team? Just want to see how it compares.. I'm 19 if that makes any difference.

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    No idea how to get involved. Season will start in January, and I guess it's hard to get recognised unless you was a South American.

It's hard to find out any information about any of the clubs in English, but possibly Vietnamese sources might be better. Just try and get in touch with the clubs directly, but where abouts you going?

7. Arsenal-FC

Arsenal-FC Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Going to Ho Chi Minh most likely.. Only going for 2-3 weeks, I've actually gone through most of google to find a teams direct email.. had no luck lol. Hoping one of you lads would be able to help me on that one.

8. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Rumours are rife that Navibank Saigon are about to pull the plug and that a lot of sides are in financial turmoil.

The league organisers (VFP?) have said that they will continue to run the league even if only 10 teams enter.

Maybe time for a rethink of the league structure altogether? North and South zones to cut on travel?

9. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
  10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  12. TheLincolnKing

Dec 15, 2011
    ATL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know of any sites with links to live streams of the AFF Suzuki Cup games starting next weekend, specifically the Vietnam games?

13. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I'm hoping www.usagoals.com will do the job for us.

14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The admin of this Facebook page usually post live stream to all Vietnam football matches on that day.

https://www.facebook.com/VNFootBall?fref=ts

15. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Now, this is disturbing from this article http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/sports/52100/ninh-binh-fc-may-be-dissolved.html

Ninh Binh may get disbanded. Why?
    Why. Because the players have not been paid for 3 months. They have petitioned the owners and will not do any training until they are paid.

Now, the owners say they are very unhappy that they are taking this action. They are angry they are going on strike. FFS, what do they expect!!!

They may disband the team and players without contract can move on, but players with a contract to a team that is disbanded will have to pay this disbanded team money to move club. Now thats a joke! Is someone pulling my leg here???

The players of Ninh Binh are in the right, they are owed money. The owners are wrong. But it appears everything sides with the owners. If you play for them, you do it for free. If you leave them, you must pay them. If the owners call it a day, you still pay them!

16. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  17. lokomotive

lokomotive Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Munich
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
  18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Hanoi have officially withdrawn. Seriously, what a state the game is in over there. It needs something big to really kick start domestic football over their again.

I would suggest to join the top two leagues together and put them into North and South sections with top two from each league going into end of season playoffs to determine the champions. At least do something radical until teams are back on their feet.

Just can't believe a city the size of Hanoi can only have one team which is comapny owned (T&T). I would suggest that a new side is formed for the fans and run by fans.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/sports/53568/two-football-teams-dismissed.html

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  20. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  21. dracky

dracky New Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Club:
    Kalmar FF
    Hi, do any of you know any Vietnamese sites where preferably experts or maybe someone predict the results for the domestic league? Big thanks.