The Vegalta Sendai Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Vegalta_Sendai, Jul 26, 2010.

1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's not borderline at all. When Marcio shoots the ball Tanaka is ONSIDE at this point. Afterward, I believe Marcio did attempt to touch the ball during that awkward bounce, but he does not do so. Thus, offside never comes into the play.

Any ways, congrats for surviving the relegation battle.

2. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    He is definitely in an offside position when the ball eventually comes to him. It looks to me like it came off the defender, but I suppose the spin may have made it bounce that way too. Either way, the fact that I'm not sure if it was even touched makes it inherently borderline since it's difficult to assert what the facts are :p

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Too bad for Vegalta, they were so close to that draw

4. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    nipponbasse83 repped this.
  5. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If Kashiwa Reysol won't win this year, Vegalta is going to be the best surprise of this year. After what happened in March, their results have a bigger value. Thanks Vegalta, you're a beautiful tale to tell about football.

6. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you say so? I love Vegalta, but I haven't followed them closely since I left Miyagi (and Japan) in 2008. I just started following them again recently because I finally got a smart phone with a soccer scores app. :)

7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, i've seen their period in J1.. and they never went forward the 13th place, i guess. And now - with 5 games left to play - they're in 5th position. Even if they had to face the tremendous tragedy of the Tohoku earthquake and the consequent tsunami, which destroyed Miyagi.

For me, 6th place could be a real target. And it would be the best place in their history in J1 Division.

8. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes, of course. I should have realized they were a good football story because of their triumph in spite of the disaster. I don't know what I was thinking. :(

So, you think a place in the AFC Champions League is just a little out of reach? :D

9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Correct about Kashiwa. Only if they will win they'll be bigger surprise than Velgata knowing that Kashiwa is a powerhouse when it comes to money. Now Vegalta can fight for 4th place and if one top three teams will win Emperor's Cup then... welcome in Asia. That could be one of the most magical moments in history of J League I think.

10. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes. Yokohama is too strong and solid for Vegalta.

11. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yokohama has only won twice since the death of Matsuda......Sendai has won their last six in a row.

12. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Sendai won against Marinos at the Nissan recently...

13. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, 3-1 win away. But.. Vegalta has less potential than Marinos.. Yokohama has some difficults in scoring, otherwise they'd be a winning-title team.

14. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vegalta could really have used a win over Urawa. That's three points from our last three J-League matches. Turn a couple of those into wins and I think we'd have a pretty good shot of finishing 4th and maybe sneaking into the ACL (depending on how the Emperor's Cup works out). But now, with only G-Osaka and Kobe left to play, I think we'll be lucky to get 3 points from the final two matches. If I'm reading the table right, we'd still need Yokohama to lose to both Kawasaki and Kashima.

I shouldn't feel disappointed, though. When I lived in Miyagi we were in J2, and I had no inkling that we'd be in the top half of J1 within just a few years. In our case, ACL isn't as important as making sure we can stay competitive at this level.

And who knows, maybe we can keep up our 天皇杯 run and keep the ACL dream alive that way. :)

15. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final standings:

Is it true? Are we really in fourth? We won and Yokohama tied, so we each have 56 points. Is head-to-head the first tiebreaker? I was thinking it was games won, but apparently not. Wow! :D

Now, other than us, I'm rooting for Nagoya or Kashiwa to win the Emperor's Cup. If that happens, we're in ACL, right? But they're playing EACH OTHER in the next round, ugh. :eek:

16. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's goal differential first followed by goals scored.

I think if Yamaga wins, Vegalta would go to the ACL......although if I were a Vegalta fan, I'd probably root for someone else to win the Emperors Cup so that they have a better chance of winning the title next year. I don't think Vegalta has the depth to do both and be successful.

17. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Vegalta finishing fourth is a huge feat (Just as huge as Kashiwa winning the league), considering everything they've gone through this season.

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    After realizing that I totally misread the league's situation a few post away, i have to say that i felt sorry for them. They did a great season after the disaster of the earthquake in March and they finished with nothing in their hands. That's unfair.

19. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've found a stream of most Vegalta games so far this season, at least one of which included an English commentary track (though I kind of prefer the Japanese audio, for studying purposes), but no luck tonight for some reason. Here's hoping we remain in form.

20. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://ja.justin.tv/pet350ml

http://ja.justin.tv/piapiro

Here's two

21. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I looked there but didn't have any luck this time for some reason, maybe I was a couple of minutes early.

22. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a game against Kashiwa Reysol. Three times we took the lead! This looks like a team that just doesn't know what it means to lose confidence.

23. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Great start for the 2012 season:)

Nervous about this weeks one against Kawasaki though...

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Rooting for them in the next ACL.

Parrothead FC repped this.