The USA is the king of CONCACAF - no doubt!

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by simonb_nyc, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I mean...did you SEE Mexico?? LMAO!!

2. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    no i didn't see it , but I hear that mexico got their ass handed to them...lol
    that's what happens when you start believing your own hype.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We each won our home games like we should. We are essentially even. Let's beat them at Azteca. Then we'll be the king of CONCACAF.

4. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    this dosent mean usa is the king of concacaf ,

5. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Here is a sample of the reasons the hapless Tri fans on BS have argued this is not true, even after the game (all actual reasons I've seen):

1. They are better, but they are hindered by Lavolpe.
    2. They US is STILL crap. Mexico was always better and always will be b etter. So US are not the kings.
    3. Cuahetemoc was injured. It would have been a totally different story with him (of course, before the game, Borgetti was going to kill us).
    4. US insists on playing boring, defensive, 11 men behind the ball footie. Apparently, Mexico passes the ball all around the park besides in dangerous areas, and it is "beautiful soccer." The US is supposed to be drawn out, creating spaces for Tri to penetrate and score. But we just won't cooperate, due to our "catenaccio" style. Why can't the US just cooperate? Somehow, Brasil doesn't complain about this. They work on their set pieces and bunker-busting--ironically forcing the US to play more attacking soccer because they can't sit back on their heels--it's just too easy vs. Mexico for us.
    5. Mexico was only able to send their B-team, don't you know... :D
    6. They are the kings until we have beaten them 29 times, like they have beaten us. LMAO! Great reason...since we were such a powerhouse back in the day.

We just have their number, period. I think both teams are quite good on the world stage at this point, but head-to-head Bruce is completely inside El Tri's little cabezas.

The difference this time was that there was SO much smack talk by Tri players and the press. Landycakes responded in kind, but to be fair he backed it up.

6. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Beautiful!

7. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Mexico

Que te quede claro que no exitis!! cuando salis del azteca sin tu altura y tu aire contaminado no exitis... No llores aca te pintamos la cara como corresponde pensas que sos la gran cosa los yankis hace rato te tienen de hijo.... Te dejamos afuera de la copa america en el 95 te mandamos a casa en el mundial del 2002 y aca como siempre te recojemos... Ahora te mandamos a casa con el ojete roto sin clasificar y en sima de todo vamos a terminar primeros del hexagonal... No llores no hables SAY NO MORE ... ahora aver si no te hecamos tu presidente y tu DT.....

Mexico

May this result make it clear that you dont exist.. when you leave the azteca with out your contaminated air and with out your altitude you dont exist...
    dont cry we painted your face today.. You think you are on the same level of argentina or brasil but the yanks have long been your daddy... we eliminated you from copa america 95 we sent you packing at the last world cup and in our home we own you...... Now we sent you home to wait another week to qualify we beat you hands down and on top of that we are going to finish first in the Hex.. Dont cry dont talk SAY NO MORE... now all thats left is that your federations president and head coach are all fired based on this result...

8. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well put although I don't think the coach should be fired as Mexico was playing a superior team.

9. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    not Kings well lets look at the facts

The crown is going to change hands from year to year..

But for this year lets look at the facts...

US Soccer
    CONCACAF Gold Cup Champions
    and as of now will wind up finishing first in WCQ...

I think that makes us Kings for now until mexico shows other wise

10. sluggo271

sluggo271 New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    council bluffs
    Being king of CONCACAF isn't really saying much. And I AM a HUGE fan of USA soccer. I love the team!!

But winning against CONCACAF teams isn't really saying much. Lets start playing the big boys now. Like brazil, argentina, france, spain, but on a consistent basis.

Just my thoughts....and GO USA!!!!

11. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    Just curious.

I wonder if you take out all of the Azteca matches, at every national team level out of the picture, what the records might be.

Serious, outside of Azteca I can recall only three or four Mex victories (youth level) from the U17 on up over the last 7, 8 or 9 years. US youth teams regularly beat Mexico outside of Azteca in Mexico.

I have watched the Mexican League, and Nats, for about 35 years and I have always though Azteca was their achillies heel.

They don't seem to realize how huge that advantage is. They take these GCup wins and the Confed Cup win too serious for their own good, even though they are given every possible advantage of playing there, while traveling less than their opponents, being acclimated, and are usually even given an extra days rest. It's unreal.

This is mainly due to the great fan support, which means huge cash going to FIFA and CONCACAF. They make sure Mex has every advantage to get to the finals so they can line their pockets.

Mexico is an excellent team, but when given this much of an edge, they are going to win.

I'm not sure the fans and players know how to seperate their results from their overwhelming advantages. Thoughts?

12. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unam 5 Dc United 0 Guyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

13. paul51

paul51 New Member

Jul 23, 2003

YOU DIDNT WIN THE CONCACAF CHAMPIONS( TEAM WISE), IT WAS SAPRISSA DE COSTA RICA

14. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I dunno, people always say they can only beat us at Azteca, but have we proven that we can beat them anywhere else in Mexico? We never get an opportunity. Maybe they are very strong at home in general like we are.

Of course, the victory in Korea gives us an advantage, but it's a tenuous one if you ask me. Thing is, that's what this matchup is about, bragging rights until the next one. They were the "Kings of Concacaf" for a few months after the Azteca qualifier, now we've reclaimed the title.

15. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Azteca is like the green monster of Fenway park. if mexico was serious about winning the world cup, they would recognize this and do all their training and play all their games at sea level.

16. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    You know what the funniest thing is? You dont see mexicans around here when their teams lose, same happened when saprissa won over Pumas, they just disappered from here...and they keep following the pattern, maybe 1 or 2 will reply this post but thats it....you'll see

congrats to the US, you guys are allowed to call yourselves kings, obviously you are not, cause it is Costa Rica, but we are just resting, but next WCQ we'll see, remeber we were the kings last WCQ02..... :eek:

BTW Saprissa's stadium is waiting for you guys.....c u in OCT!

17. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    Well problably im going to be the only Mexican here to respond after the game. But still, we were, are, and will forver be the King.

All the USA has earned is the Queen's title, but never the King, NEVER.

The King -------------------------------The Queen

[​IMG]

Y QUE VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

18. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I like Costa Rica. You folks have class. Mexico came out all arrogant then lost and now look like complete fools.

19. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Get over it. You guys suck. Did you read the European press? You're a joke!

20. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    I accept my loss, Yes, but that doesnt mean your the King all of the sudden.

21. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    All of a sudden??? Firstly, I'm not American but from my humble distance, the US has dominated over Mexico for 10 years. The US ALWAYS beats Mexico apart from Azteca...ALWAYS!!! Even on neutral ground in a World Cup! Yes...the US are kings of CONCACAF. Mexico sucks.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  23. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    Man, whatever. I am sick and grossed of Lavolpe enough for this day, so please just stop...stop. Laterz, enjoy your American victory.

24. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey I'll stop. Your team is still good. Do you think LaVolpe will get fired? He has done good things for the team.

25. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    No he wont get fired because the players threatend the federation theyll not go to the world cup if he gets fired.