The USA Chant Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by dark knight, Jun 6, 2006.

1. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Added some others.

It's your job as a US fan to prevent your fellow Americans from ever doing any such chants. I don't care how drunk they are either.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a fine line between racism and appropriate chanting in these situations when you are dealing with another country.

3. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keeping it simple: my position is that the chant's no good, and that we shouldn't do it. The collective fanbase, what we do as USA fans at games reflects on all of us, doesn't it? I think so, academic I know. I'm not trying to make it out like an evil or something, but I do think we're better.

4. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's always a good one. They do that all the time at Aggie basketball games whenever a player get's ejected or fouls out. "Left! Left! Left-Right-Left!"

5. k0d1akattack

k0d1akattack Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am so bored of the conversation, so... Yeah sure, sounds good to me.

I like Na na hey hey goodbye for a red card personally.

Gosh I hope we don't start up with YNWA. No need to steal a 50 year old tradition from across the pond.

6. JGBIGGZ

JGBIGGZ Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    It's not like Liverpool have a monopoly on it. Celtic, Twente, Feyenoord, Dortmund, and St. Pauli all use it, and its not like we've had a problem stealing St. Pauli chants before...

7. k0d1akattack

k0d1akattack Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I know Liverpool is only the first and most famous to do it. I just don't think its a keen idea to appropriate such an iconic club song when we are still trying to establish a soccer identity for our national team.

8. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    That's why I mentioned Que Sera Sera...singing it won't have the connotation of copying someone else. It's sung worldwide. Sort of like Carnaval de Paris.

9. usaMR

usaMR Member

Feb 13, 2009
    California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (while lining up the kick) S A ! (quickly on the kick)

Great idea!
    Now time to figure out how to get everyone to do it.

10. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking doing all of it somewhat slowly starting with when the goalie kicks it. It would otherwise sound like we're saying "S! A!" which wouldn't make sense. By saying "UUUUU! SSSSS! AAAAA!" when the goalie kicks it, it'll reverberate throughout the stadium, especially with the U starting on the actual kick and not before (for speed reference, think when we start the "U! S! A! (clap) chant...goal kicks would be the same speed and can even lead into that cheer).

How to get everyone to do it? Takes time, song sheets, coordinating with other AO chapters (like with GBA @ 50:00). Eventually, if that's the YSA replacement, we can make it so that's what we do.

11. usaMR

usaMR Member

Feb 13, 2009
    California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it!
    As you said before that I missed..."OOOOOOOOOOH" with our jazz hands in the air and right when the goalie kicks it, U! S! A! (with claps)

I'll be in Section 23 Saturday doing this.

Another thing I see as an up-side with this chant is that it works for all goal kicks, not just with opponents.

12. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always wanted to co-op the theme song from America's Funniest Home Videos(Saget not Bergeron)

Can somebody get on that please?

13. NYRBA1

NYRBA1 Member

Feb 4, 2011
    no offense no troll, USA chants are horrific.

no originality.

14. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But still "U-S-A" is one of the most recognizable chants in all of world sport. Sometimes, simple is better.

15. HelluvaEngineer

May 26, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! U! S! A! idea or UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! S! A! idea...either one would be awesome.

And to the guy who said college football is just OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH-AHHHH! It's not - it's usually (when done right) combined with a team slogan similar to how the (Ohhh...U! S! A!) would be done. IE: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (*kick*) pig sooie!

16. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new one for us down in Houston is...
    R.O.C.K in the U.S.A!
    R.O.C.K in the U.S.A!
    R.O.C.K in the U.S.A!
    Yeah Yeah!
    Rockin in the USA!

17. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Member+

Jun 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How 'bout everyone sings "Break on Through" by The Doors?

50,000 singing in unison this bada$$ American anthem...

"You know the day destroys the night
    Night divides the day
    Tried to run
    Tried to hide
    BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!

We chased our pleasures here
    Dug our treasures there
    But can you still recall
    The time we cried
    BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!"

That would be the greatest

18. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    America! America! This is you!

[​IMG]

19. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Okay Yank fans, we need a chant for Klinsi. Let's get your creative juices flowing.

20. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    The Schnizelbank song. We just need to find some rhyming words.

21. "username"

"username" Member

Northern Virginia United
    United States
    Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay okay, hear me out. I just had a thought it sounded good the first time, then upon second thought it seemed like a terrible idea, but then the third time I thought about it I figured I could let the masses decide.

So how about after the Anthem, or before the Anthem all the pro US fans shout the Pledge of Allegiance, with emphasis on "Indivisible". Just throwing it out there I think every US fan "Pledging their allegiance" to team and country could be a morale boost for the team and an intimidation factor to opposing fans. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

22. "username"

"username" Member

Northern Virginia United
    United States
    Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9DamlYrvWc&feature=related"]Operation House Call Pledge of Allegiance - YouTube[/ame]

It sounds very bland in this video, but I think if passionate supporters were saying it with some tune it would be pretty cool, and at "indivisible" everyone would yell it.

I know some people might have some problems here and the with the Pledge of Allegiance~"Under God", but I think It could be cool if it became a mainstay of American fans. Something that when you go to a game you look forward to most of the stadium saying something in unison, something unexpected and unique.

23. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am highly supportive of this idea.

I am one of those guys that hates all the god talk, but this is the pledge of allegiance, and we all used to recite it every morning in grammer school, its part of Americanna.

regarding Indivisable, it is not a good yelling word, It is not worth breaking up the cantor or the chant(and its always been a chant) for a Nike advertising slogan.

It is in there and that is enough.....

The bonus is that following the pledge we used to sing my country tis of thee

the only way the pledge would work properly too is with someone leading it as call and repeat and doing so on the slower side.

I pledge allegiance to the flag...(pause)
    of the united states of America...(pause)
    and to the republic..(pause)
    for which it stands ..(pause)
    One nation..(pause)
    under God..(pause)
    indivisible..(pause)
    with liberty..(pause)
    and justice for all!!

Wikipedia has some might interesting info on the pledge.
    this BTW is the pledge as first adopted by congress in 1944 (but was used for 20 odd years like this
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    in 1958 they added under god.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

24. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our group of US fans in Houston sing both the athem and we say the pledge at the begining of the 2nd half. Also "When the Yanks coming matching in" around the 80th min.

25. JC_LIZard

JC_LIZard New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    In response to the YSA chant, I was thinking whenever we scored we could point at the goalie and chant "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" I know that wouldnt work for goal kicks, but it's just a thought