The USA Chant Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by dark knight, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could just do shank. I think it has the same effect, rather than trying to do three words. I think the Mexicans are effective with p--a because it is just one word and comes out better together.

2. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Jamaican fans don't say ********, yet USA fans are calling their goalkeeper an asshole. Classy.

3. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who cares...this YOU SUCK Ahole chant is garbage.

Im more about getting y'all to chant our We're not F*cken Fancy chant!
    GEt on it!

4. k0d1akattack

k0d1akattack Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are right! The twenty Jamaican fans there never said anything rude about Howard. We should certainly avoid saying disparaging comments about opposition players. Instead we should probably compliment them when they connect a pass. They also didn't score any goals, so we probably shouldn't have cheered when we scored our goals since that's not really classy to rub that sort of thing in. In fact, I say we start a fundraiser so we can get trophies for all the players that made it into the knock-out rounds, they played well and deserve it! I'll make the reservation at CiCi's.

5. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    I hold Americans to a higher standard than Mexicans. You don't. Whatever.

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very true.

7. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, other people seem to enjoy Transformers 2......Nevermind.

Just so we're clear on my position here, It has NOTHING at all to do with cursing.......God damnit! That may be the problem for some people, not me. I swear all the time. Sometimes I manually censor words on here because I remember when they used to bleep a lot of curses out and you had to do that so people could know what you were saying. It's an old habit.

My problem: The chant seems forced, like somebody said:"We're supposed to have something to do here, anybody have anything disparagingly hostile to say?"

"How about YOU SUCK ASSHOLE?"

"Oh good one Josh, that's a cracker!"

Not very clever from where I'm sitting(FIGHTING...ELITIST...URGES), maybe somebody finds it funny(BOB DYLAN'S SONGWRITING IS SECOND TO NONE), I don't. The only time "You Suck" works anymore, for me(I DRIVE A PRIUS) is in those stand up comedy shows where the guy is really bombing and one guy from the audience yells out, "You suck". That's hilarious. And Asshole is, in my humble opinion(THE DARK KNIGHT WAS CRAP), the lamest swear we have in our arsenal.

I'd just as soon not have one at all. Wait until we have something worthwhile, before settling as we have.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Which is apparently elitist unless I hedge it nicely. Fine. YSA is not my, or a lot of people's, cup o' tea.

There, now I'm off to shoot the homeless with an airsoft gun.

8. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People, let's get cracking on some Mexico centric chants. Come on.

Use this as motivation:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRBoI5jpnLc"]YouTube - ‪US trying to have the national anthem at the Azteca‬‏[/ame]

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "We took half your country"

"Guadeloupe Hidalgo"

"Winfield Scott is coming for you"

"1848"

10. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we do this to the tune of "Lets all do the Poznan!"

11. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're OOONLY GOOOD with STEROOOOIDS!

12. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No se puede!

13. k0d1akattack

k0d1akattack Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CHL, clever post... had me legit chuckling. Still doesn't change the fact that your claim amounts to effectively: its not my cup of tea so you shouldn't do it.

As for chants:
    Dónde está Ochoa?

14. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Hearing reports of racist chanting from USA fans against Mexicans last night. Despicable. Disgusting. Add insult to injury, Mexican fans were applauding the US victory.

15. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    unfortunately there is often some form of racist chanting at the matches. in the earlier matches it was directed at whatever team was present but when mexico is around, it will be ramped up. despicable and disgusting are definitely the right choice of words.

16. k0d1akattack

k0d1akattack Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is where I hold the US to a higher standard. Racism is entirely unacceptable. Don't remember, it is our duty to hold ourselves accountable. Never had to do it at a national game, but I've turned around at a college match or two. I'm always amazed at how many fellow fans are immediately supporting calls against racism as soon as someone actually steps up and calls a fellow fan out on it.

17. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday was a great day in Houston.

not sure about racism, but in our section we had over 30 or so USA peps. We sang and got in a bombo, a snare drum and a horn in.
    Had Honduran and Mexico fans joining in all game long. Great atmosphere and it seemed like the respect is coming little by little, at the same time we need to be respectfull aswell.
    Later on the Houston Police came down and took our drum sticks, our bombo.. and everyone around us started the CULERO CHANT to the cops. hahaha classic

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't hear any of that, but I'm not surprised if it happened. I'd say our supporters group was extremely tolerant of Mexican fans who (legitimately had tickets to the seats in the STAND section). They did their best to trade seats with them during the US game, and with only a few exceptions of some ef yous there wasn't anything completely untoward said that I saw. I didn't have a bad experience with any of the Mexican fans at the game. The worst that happened was the guy waiting in line in the bathroom telling me not to worry, it'll be just like last gold cup.

I however, would not be shocked if it were true though.

19. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a US born from Mexican parents that has been with American Outlaws LA chapter for 2 years now, I will not stand for any racist chanting at the Rose Bowl. I've punched an ignorant racist US supporter before, and I won't shy away from doing it again if I have to.

There's plenty of ways to get under the skin of Mexican national team fans without using racist remarks. Sure, they might do it to us, but we're better than that.

Racist US supporters be warned. If you're going to be starting these chants, I will only ask you to stop once.

20. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said Jedi ,we don't cut for that crap down here either.

21. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all a negative or contrary opinion ever is, at base level. Just replace "do" with whatever you need to fit the context.

22. k0d1akattack

k0d1akattack Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Telling others what to do is not merely a negative or contrary opinion, but that's academic at this point.

I suppose in fact you might not have ever really been telling anyone what to do, instead just using your god-given Internet rights to complain about something that is popular because you are better than it. This is starting to get real off-topic, but I just can't help myself... gotta keep responding :eek:

23. JGBIGGZ

JGBIGGZ Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    I don't see why we can't take some good out of the usually inadequate fandom of other American sports and sing Sweet Caroline, most of the stadium would probably join in since it's so well known.

Also, it's very cliche but has YNWA been suggested? It's just so damn inspirational.

24. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Que Sera Sera....really surprised more people don't know it

25. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Well, if Marquez gets red carded again, I'll be disappointed if there isn't a chorus of "Left! Right! Left! Right! Left! Right! ....."