The Urawa Reds Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Deleted Users, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Yeah, heard them booing the opposite team...

2. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. It's not like doing anything illegal. There is no analogy or connection to anything illegal (unless it takes place in a country where racist speech is illegal.) You're barking up a wrong tree in a wrong park.

It's an issue of a private entity kicking out people who don't follow the rules of a private establishment.

zdrstvte repped this.
  3. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Parrothead FC repped this.
  4. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    In Japan are groups of ultras?

5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    As you can see...

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Exactly thats what I also fear. The thing is the Japanese medias doesnt like hardcore supporter groups, fans watching games in the way as in early 90's suits the media in japan better, so nobody else us and the hardcore suportergroups in the league are sad about it.

8. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely they'll just reform under a new name, if not now then in a year or two. It's the right thing to do in the short-term.

9. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Naaah I prefer continuity.

10. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Also this does show how in Japan stuff is so different. Public opinion and stuff matters even more.

For instance in Barcelona, the ultras are still banned from the stadium. They didnt disband though and it happened ages ago and it was imo a lot worse than in case of Lee

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This doesn't really mean anything, though....does it?

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    that's because you're assuming their "disband" is something serious. I doubt it:

pretty much. Doubt it'll be so much later. The ideal thing would be if they regroup and calm down a bit. You know, going to the stadium to enjoy a football match

13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well isnt it? You telling me they disbanded 10 groups for nothing? Or because they wanted to wash their name?

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well I don't have the crystal ball. But I would be very much surprised if they stopped going to the stadium. Then they weren't even Urawa fans to begin with.
    So it's basically as you said, I would be surprised if Urawa hadn't "adviced" them to disband under their names

15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You haven't seen Abe doing a speech with all Urawa players in the middle of the pitch before the game on an empty stadium last week? That realy looked surreal...

16. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Personally enjoying a live football game is to be standing and sing about beating the oponent (and if its our main rival I might sing about blood on the shoe) Sorry Ive never understood the english take on a good old fightwith the fists after a game, however whats been singing on the stands are usually more important for me than just watch the damn game.

In my view essentially football gives us a rare oportunity to touch our tribal self, its kind of accepted mass seduction, but I would hate if it werent there.

scotch17 repped this.
  17. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    But yes its true this Urawa case are among the normal japanese people a kind of proof that football culture is wrong. I mean according to the media, all mentions about hometowns and rivalries should not exist, the games should be called Reds vs SPulse and only fans should watch the games not supporters.

18. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's probably the progressive American in me, but I basically agree with this attitude (not to the extent of removing the mention of hometowns, but in spirit). I'm not entirely comfortable around rabid "supporters," whether in MLS or PDL or J-League. It makes me wonder where all that tribalism is really coming from.

naopon repped this.
  19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can try to manufacture that tribalism in J-League or MLS or wherever it traditionally doesn't exist, but it's kind of pointless. The point is to enjoy a sporting event.

I was going to post pretty much the same thing as you if I had time earlier in the day - the whole idea of "organized" support feels somewhat foreign to me, though it's cool when done right - but what the hell is the point of having 11 distinct supporters' groups crammed into one area? Plus the idea that some arbitrary group of knuckleheads who happen to have lots of time on their hands feels empowered to essentially dictate rules for other paying spectators at matches is just totally inane. When you step back from this whole situation you could say that "racism" per se isn't even the core issue - every paying customer should feel to sit/stand anywhere their ticket allows them to and take in the event however they see fit, within civil norms. Even if you show up every weekend, have staked out some territory in the stands and made up some dumb name for your crew - if you tell me I need to sit in a certain location and cheer/watch a certain way, I'll tell you to kiss my ass and f*ck off.

Dax repped this.
  20. 猫に小判

猫に小判 Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Kagoshima, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    #1045 猫に小判, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    scene of the supporters in yesterdays game Vissel Kobe v Urawa. quite awesome support for away match

the Urawa supporters not allowed use flag or drum

scotch17, Majster2 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  21. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have to say it's weird how people always come up with conspiracy theories when it comes to Japan.
    Not just this topic; I could go on for hours on the conspiracy theories the media makes up. More often than not, what happened is what happened. No need to make up rumors, let alone act as if the made-up rumors are based in fact.

22. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    How did Haraguchi performed against Kawasaki?

23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    didn't performed well.

24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Let me guess the next question:

Why he didn't performed well?

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  25. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    To have a response for Gordon, who constantly ask about him.

Samurai Warrior repped this.