The Upper Deck?

Discussion in 'Charlotte FC' started by Eleven Bravo, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lower Bowl: 22,716
    Club Level: 11,321
    Suites: 4,350
    Upper Bowl: 37,138
    Total: 75,525
    Total without Upper Bowl: 38,397

Although, my dream is that Charlotte sells out and has 75k+ in the stands every game; chances are that’s not going to happen. Even for Atlanta, they seemed to settle into the blocking off the upper bowl to keep the integrity of the game day atmosphere. Good thing is I do think Charlotte can consistently get 38k in the stands if Tepper markets the team as well as Blank has done.

So, what is Charlotte’s plan to block off the upper deck? There can’t be a curtain like Atlanta’s MBS which hides the empty stands really well. I imagine we’ll see something like Seattle with tarps covering the upper bowl.

More so, is Charlotte ensured to never have grid lines in the game, like Atlanta?

2. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that the presentation to MLS from Tepper explicitly states they will block off the upper deck. As I'm sure you know, they are only selling deposits for the lower decks- bowl and club.

PS - I was a 27A. Not quite as cool as 11B. Really, actually not cool at all, but I still get the Veterans parking at Harris Teeter, which impresses my wife.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 Eleven Bravo, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Same team brother! At least I would know who to call if I got myself in trouble lol!

It’s nuts how long ago that had now been for me... 15 years! I was in C 1/5 INF with 25th ID 1st BDE in Iraq 2004-2005. We were in Fallujah during Phantom Fury then Mosul thereafter. Now, my old crippled body got my degree and counseling other vets.

4. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m even older- I was with HQ DA and HQ USACE my whole four years. Was on Capital Hill on 9-11. Such events that still reverberate through the world started that day.

5. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine that was something else... It’s wild to think what an impact 9/11 had, and now thinking of my daughter and other kids today will not know what it means to “never forget.”
    Still practicing law today?

6. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but completely different. Am in finance, just like everyone else (it seems) in Charlotte.