The Uncle Floyd Show

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by metrocorazon, Sep 9, 2002.

1. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    I just finished watching a tape of the Uncle Floyd show that I bought on ebay. Let me tell you, this is some of the funniest stuff Ive seen. His comedy is pretty "dorky" (kind of like Pee Wee, but better)but it had me giggling throught out the whole tape. I can't beleive he dont have his own show now. He would kick ass. Comedy Central should rerun his old shows.

This is the tape I got for $9. If you like that type of comedy it'll be worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1562328893

2. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uncle Floyd Show = Best. Show. Ever.

Ultra-cheapo sets, bad banter, guests that Joe Franklin wouldn't book. But he plugged NJ bands more than anyone.

He's got a restaurant in Wayne, NJ now. FYI, his brother is Jimmy Vivino, the guitarist on Conan and true bandleader for the Max Weinberg Seven.

3. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    We're planning an unofficial ESC party there soon. Maybe after a game. I just hope he's performing there that night.

Im also going to sneak this tape in the VCR on the NE road trip.

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, hands up if you've had a drawing of yours shown on the Uncle Floyd Show:

I never did, unfortunately, but my younger brother did...and I know there's at least another one of you out there that did ;)

5. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was such an incredible show! I used to love all those bits like Eddie Slobbo, Julia Stepchild, Mr. Spooky, Oogie and lots of others that I can't remember. This is the funniest show of all time!

6. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Yeah, I had a drawing shown. It was right before The Rattlers (Joey Ramone's brother's band) played a song.

I wish I had a tape of some of the bands that played on that show. I remember seeing The Ramones, Squeeze, and The Smithereens, and I know there's a bunch more "famous" bands that played alongside virtually every local band of that era.

Snap it pal!

7. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. It was unbelievable how a lot of big bands played on this rinky dink little show.