The Unbelieveable Stupidity of the Left

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Look Bill, you and I both know that the Jews took down the World Trade Center.

FACT: The jews were told not to come to work on 9/11

Source: Democratic Underground

FACT: Most of the victims of 9/11 were Palestinian tourists

Source: MoveOn.Org

FACT: I just ate an entire 4th of July cake that my girlfriend bought me.

Source: Me

FACT: Black guys would have fought off the terrorists, thus 9/11 never would have happened if it wasn't a bunch of crackers on the planes.

Source: Michael Moore

FACT: George Bush orchestrated 9/11 to knock down the World Trade Center because Bush hates big business like the ones who set up shop there and Bush wanted people to be afraid of flying because he wanted the economy to tank.

Source: Gore Vidal

FACT: The Jews orchestrated 9/11 but so did George Bush because he's secretly a Jew.

Source: Noam Chomsky

3. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
  4. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    And they had it coming - Ward Churchill

This guy is on to something. Just yesterday, I had an intense fire going for hours on a flimsy steel grate, and it didn't lose any rigidity while pounds of meat were lying on top of it.

Clearly, there were explosives involved in the WTC. Probably provided by Halliburton so they could rake in the bucks from Iraq.

5. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I guess now we’ll never know why it’s a building code requirement to provide fireproofing to the steel structure in buildings with a high occupancy.

6. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Well I actually worked with the original poster over there. We got our 10 favorites at DU.COM to help us create the best simulation of the World Trade Center.

First we made a mock WTC made out of toothpicks and tongue depressers and flew 2 paper airplanes into at 4 miles per hour. After this highly accurate reenactment of 9/11 we noted that the toothpicks did not crumble nor did we witness any loss of life. This aroused our suspisions and you know the people at DU are not usually big on conspiracies.

Our next trial consisted of us going to Smiley321's barbque to test it out. But he refused to let us in. Probably didn't have tofu dogs anyway.

Next we decided to celebrate the 4th of YouLie by watching the video of 9/11 in superslowmotion. Well, we were gonna do that but our eelctricity was shut off and we don't have a DVD player, Tvo, DVR, a VHS or Betamax or even a TV at the commune. On occasion we do sneak into my uncles place and use his intraweb for democratic underground and to steal $5 for a nickel bag. Sometimes it's hard deciding what to spend his hard earned $5 on: weed or patchulie.

Where was I?

Wait.

I forget.

Oh yeah, I remember. 9/11 was a massive conspiracy because no jews died. Plus the Bible says the Jews would be protected forever and the bible is fake so I don't even believe that jews exists, sort of like angels. That means there was no WTC attacks, it was all trick photography like when Claudia Schiffer made the statue of lie-berty disappear. So I think David Blaine totally made it look like the WTC exploded.

I'm totally stoned and shit right now.

7. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I just hope that guy found a good home for his bunny rabbits before lighting the fire

8. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I did another experiment. I made an official-looking meeting minutes from GHW Bush's secret meeting with the Iranians, where everyone knows that they agreed to hold the hostages until Reagan was elected. I used MS Word and had official TOP Secret headings and stuff. I faxed it to Dan Rather and he said nothing about it on 60 minutes, even though he knows that the story is true.

This proves that Rove was behind that forgery on the National Guard. Nobody but an evil genius like Rove could fool a wise man like Rather.

9. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back Bill...

10. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
  11. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000

I was going to suggest self-immolation. But no one listens to me.

12. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    One big flaw in your "theory." Did your paper airplanes fire spitballs into the toothpicks just moments before impact?

Didn't think so.

;)

13. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I had some free time today and went thru that entire thread over there. My God. To be fair, there were more than a few who thought the conspiracy theories and re-enactments were stupid. But that silly test using chicken wire and a couple of cinder blocks or whatever the hell that was, was enough to convince or at least validate their opinions that 9/11 was one big conspiracy. Not just one person believes it was a conspiracy, not just 5 but like 30 of them!

Reminds me of a guy I knew using a paper airplane and a milkdud with a hole in it to prove Ron Brown was murdered. Ok I made that up.

But then there are like 20 "Ken Lay isn't really dead, he is in South America" threads over there too. Not to mention if you use their search engine there are a total of 14,938 posts complaining that the 2004 (not the 2000) election was stolen and that Kenneth Blackwell threatened to eat the children of any black people trying to vote. I sort of believe this because Blackwell is obviously an anti-black cracker.

14. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    It's not just the DU folks. Go to Barnes & Noble and look at the current events shelf. There's book after book explaining how the election was stolen or that the evil Karl Rove fooled the gullible voters into voting against the side of the angels.

The liberals just can't believe that they could lose a fair election, especially to a dope like dubya, so they take alot of advil and conjure up all sorts of nuanced rationalizations for how they could lose.

This isn't stupidity, strictly speaking, it's cognitive dissonance. They have to find explanations when reality conflicts with their dreamworld, and their explanations have become increasingly crazy.

15. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    And that's the thing. I think there is alot to complain about in todays' GOP.

But I can't let myself be on the same side of any issue as those guys. Just reading bigsoccer politics forum for a day makes me glad I havn't turned completely into a democrat.

I still feel I almost have no choice but to vote democrat in 2008 to undo alot of what's been done the past few years.

16. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    The chicken-wire-WTC guy needs to test the efficacy of this.

[​IMG]

17. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Really?!? So you guys’ “Bush Sucks” agenda is going to undo what?

18. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Alas, Colin Powell was right on Iraq - "you break it, you buy it"

Now we can't undo it, and dubya is to blame. And of course, his guys Cheney and Rumsfeld, who won the infighting with Powell. Too bad you can't civilize barbarians with leaks to newspapers, those guys would be up there with Alexander the Great.

19. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    In this regard, Bush is the Ken Lay of the nation. With this analogy, during the last election, 51% of the country thought that Ken Lay should continue to run Enron, because (according to Lay) Enron was doing just fine, the situation would improve, and the press was to blame for the bad news.

As far as the original post goes, well, yeah, that is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen. Actually, like Smiley noted, it's beyond idiocy--it's insanity. What annoys/amuses me about conspiracy theorists on both the right and the left (and yes, they do exist on the right) is the pathological need to make banal situations more interesting.

Happily, nutcases like that have little effect on the Democratic party, because they can't propogate their theories outside of the internet. They're the fringe of the fringe of the fringe. Put that guy in a real room with real people, and everybody else would find a reason to not talk to him.

20. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

I hate to say this, really I do, because it stands against everything I stand for and I also do not stand for using the word stand 3 times in a run on sentence.

Anyway it pains me to say that since Bush drove up the defecit, we need to raise taxes. Sorry, call me a liberal but right now is not the time to stick to my conservative guns.

21. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I disagree. I think Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky are nutcases, granted Chomsky hates the democrats so he might not count.

But enough people were pissed at Michael Moore that I do think he hurt John Kerry. And yeah, I think alot of 9/11 was crazy conspiracy, especially trying to link the Bushes to the Bin Laden's and doing extremely lazy research about the Saudi's being flown out of the country on 9/11, which is now proved false.

22. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    And raising taxes will undo alot? You said you're voting democrat to undo alot.

“increase the minimum wage, cut costs of prescription drugs, reduce interest rates on student loans, roll back subsidies for oil companies…”

Well this is their/your agenda, so if they/you accomplish all this, then we can all live happily ever after, I guess. Oh yeah, we will also start negotiating with terrorist because after all, they are just misunderstood and we mishandle the Koran.

23. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Cindy Sheehan was the guest of some Democrat congressperson at the last state of the union address. Those guys just can't help themselves, by the time the next convention rolls around, she'll probably have the guest-of-honor seat next to DNC Chairman Michael Moore.

24. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Translation: Their campaign theme is blah blah blah, Bush bad, blah blah blah

dubya is the luckiest guy in history to have such an assortment of hacks as his opponents. Bob Beckel and Susan Estrich look like geniuses in comparison.

25. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I could probably even win against those guys if not for those little things in my past. :eek: