The UAE Arabian Gulf League | دوري الخليج العربي |

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Abu Dubai, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any Brazilian standouts this season?

MetroChile repped this.
  2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I think it's Grafite who's currently knocking in goals left, right and centre.

3. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Sharjah player Fellype Gabriel and Ceil who left Al Shabab to join their bitter rival Al Ahli just to play alongside his friend Grafite the leagues leading scorer

Top Scorers
    [​IMG]

Red Cards
    [​IMG]

Yellow Cards
    [​IMG]

the league standing before it stops for about two weeks
    [​IMG]

Many fans say Al Ahli won the league already or its over if they win their next game in the league against Al Ain all that been said despite the fact that only six games have been played

MetroChile repped this.
  4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Although they have made an excellent start, no doubt some sticking point will happen. They've currently got that 2 game buffer over everyone and it probably helps them that the league s stop/start. We appear to have a break every 4 weeks, so it's like they can take the league in stages, focus on it in sections. Get to the break, rebuild and go again.

Of course, these breaks help the likes of Al Ain and Al Jazira who have started slowly and it gives them the opportunity to regroup even more so.

5. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

just a reminder about tonight games in the League cup aka "Nido cup" which most of team and fans don't care about even the media doesn't give it much attention as you can see Al Jazira v Al Ain this is supposed to a big match but no hype about it.

Players on international duty

Al Jazira:

• G: Ali Khaseif
    • M: Khamis Esmail
    • F: Ali Ahmed Mabkhout
    Al Ain:

• G: Khaled Essa
    • D: Mohammed Ahmed, Muhannad Al Enazi, Ismail Ahmed
    • M: Omer Abdul Rahman, Mohammed Abdul Rahman
    • F: Gyan Asamoah (Ghana)

6. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
  7. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    7-11-2013
    Al Shaab
    [​IMG] - [​IMG]Al Wahda
    Emirates
    [​IMG]- [​IMG]Al Nasr
    Al Jazira
    [​IMG] - [​IMG]Al Ain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG] Al Wasl hire Héctor Cúper as new head coach

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...thank god its Thursday

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Good to see Carlos Muñoz amongst the top goalscorers: Chile's coach just called him up for the Brazil and England friendlies. How is he playing?

9. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I heard alot about Carlos Muñoz and Luis Farina being the best signings & the best foreign players in the league, but this duo started to get cold in the last couple games

Muñoz goal against Ajman

Al Nasr 4-3 Baniyas (this match was played the same time as the Classico Barca v Madrid most ppl didnt watch it & Baniyas always given the worst match timing)

Muñoz & Mutaz incident

MetroChile repped this.
  10. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates

[​IMG]

Results

[​IMG]

Next Round
    [​IMG]

Groups Standing
    [​IMG]

11. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    the only 2 problems I got with this match is that it was played on Al Nahyan Stadium while our match aginst Hong Kong will be played on Mohamed bin Zayed Stadium @ Al Jazira club, the second problem is that there was more Philippine supporters attending than us ...

guess everybody want to watch LFC dominate or Chelsea cheating

12. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    The Arabian Gulf League has seven fixtures each round, and for the last three game days we have seen 31, 29 and 20 goals scored.

In terms of raw data goals scored the AGL stacks up well as we have three matches less per round. The proof of the value, though, lies in average goals per game. So can I have a drum roll please for the final results of average goals per game calculation...

AG League = 3.8
    Bundesliga = 2.8
    La Liga = 2.4
    Premier League = 2.4

There it is, in black and white, that the Arabian Gulf League will on average give you a goal per game more than the next best league in Europe. I know a lot of other factors are taken into account when it comes to football, but we all love goals and the AGL statistically has the most.

Kutsuit repped this.
  13. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    The Official Arabian Gulf League Fantasy Football

It’s FREE to play and you can win a valuable prize at the end of the competition! Sign-up now and see if you can be crowned the Arabian Gulf League Fantasy Football Manager of The Season!

http://www.fantasy.agleague.ae/

for fantasy leagues fans

14. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    UAE League Cup: Round 6 Preview
    [​IMG]
    As the international break continues, the UAE League Cup group stage has reached its penultimate round with two teams – Al Ain and Ajman – playing their last games at this point in the competition. Meanwhile, Al Sha'ab and Al Dhafra sit out this round due to the format of the tournament, and will complete their group fixtures in Round 7 next March.

At 4:45pm on Wednesday 13th November, Al Shabab will host Emirates at Maktoum bin Rashid Stadium in Dubai. With Al Shabab unable to qualify as they have just one point at the bottom of Group B, Emirates will hope to pick up maximum points from the game to keep their outside qualification chances alive. At 8:30pm, Ajman host Al Wasl at Rashid bin Saeed Stadium, and the team in orange enter the game in 2nd place in Group B with 8 points. However, this will be the last match of the group stage for coach Abdulwahab Abdulkader’s side and with all teams below them in the standings having an extra game in hand, qualification is far from guaranteed for the current Cup holders.

Wednesday night’s crunch match sees Bani Yas welcome Al Jazira to Baniyas Stadium at 8:30pm, with the visitors sitting second in Group A with 9 points and the hosts one place behind in third with 7. Victory would all but guarantee progression in the competition for last year’s finalists Al Jazira, who will be hoping the competition’s current top scorer Ricardo Oliveira can add to his haul of six goals in four games, whilst Bani Yas are sure to put up a strong fight in their quest for a domestic trophy this season.

On Thursday evening at 4:45pm, Dubai travel to Al Ain’s Tahnoun bin Mohamed Stadium with a new coach and no hope of qualification out of Group A as they sit bottom of the table with a sole point. Al Ain’s destiny is out of their own hands having lost 3-1 late on at Al Jazira in the last round, and coach Quique Flores’ men must win this last game to keep their hopes of progressing alive. Group A’s leading team Sharjah visit Al Wahda at the Al Nahyan Stadium in Abu Dhabi at 8:30pm, with Sharjah in pole position to progress to the semi-finals and Al Wahda unable to go any further in the competition.

Concluding the UAE League Cup action for 2013, Al Nasr host Al Ahli at the Al Maktoum Stadium at 8:30pm on Thursday in a big Dubai derby. With Al Ahli in 3rd and Al Nasr in 4th in Group B, and just a point separating the sides, there is everything to play for in the penultimate group match for both teams as they step up their pursuit of silverware for the season.

15. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG]
    November 13th Results

Al Shabab 3-1 Emirates: Edgar Bruno brace ends Emirates

Ajman 0-3 Al Wasl: Holders’ Cup run likely over

Bani Yas 3-1 Al Jazira: Sky Blues win tough Abu Dhabi derby

[​IMG]
    November 14th Results

Al Ain
    [16:45] Dubai

Al Wahda [20:30] Sharjah

Al Nasr [20:30] Al Ahli

16. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Qualification

The UAE and Hong Kong coaches Mahdi Ali and Kim Pan-Gon will answer the media questions ahead of their Group-E clash in the fourth round of the 2015 Australia AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers at the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi on Friday.

17. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG]
    Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates qualified for a fourth consecutive AFC Asian Cup on Friday as the Gulf Cup champions maintained their 100% record in Group D following a comprehensive 4-0 win over Hong Kong on Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    Muscat - The UAE Olympic U-22 national team paid back the debt to their Omani hosts with a tough fought out 2-1 victory in the second warm up at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex here on Saturday.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    November 14th Results

Al Ain 1-0 Dubai : Sultan snatches win with last kick

Al Wahda 0-1 Sharjah : Ze Carlos hits the spot again

Al Nasr 0-2 Al Ahli : Red Knights with another late show

18. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    That's an amazing statistic. :)

By the way, I heard that the AGL sent every GCC-based club an open invitation to join the league. The general idea is to gradually turn the AGL into a "GCC Super League", according to my relatives from the UAE.

19. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I heard about sending an invitation for Qatar clubs not sure about the invitation for the rest, but I'm not a fan of that I prefer not considering the GCC players foreigners in the GCC local competition instead, maybe they wont do it cuz of the AFC competition rules. thats just my thoughts...o_O

regardless of that if we formed a "GCC Super League" how many team we will have ?

we got Al Wasl, Al Ain & Al Nasr those are the only teams who never played in lower division, with Al Wasl still living in the past and dreaming of 80's & 90's glory days while Al Nasr haven't won the league sjnce Messi was born, both will fall if it was a league of 20 teams the only why to save them with their current status by making it a league of 30 teams like the NBA :confused:

• Top teams in the region, (struggling teams in brackets shall I put Al Arabi with them)

UAE: Al Ain, Al Ahly, Al Jazira, AlSharjah ( Al Nasr, Al Wasl, Al Wahda, Al Shabab, Bani Yas)

Kuwait: Al Qadsia, Al Arabi, Al Kuwait (Al Salmyia & Kazma)

KSA: Al Hilal, Al Nasr, Al Ahli, Al Shabab Al Ittihad (Al Itiffaq & Al Fateh)

Bahrain: Al Muharaqq & Al Riffa

Oman: Dhufar & Al Nasr

Qatar: Al Sadd, Al Rayyan, Al Jaish, Lekhwia (Al Arabi, Qatar, Al Gharafa*)

20. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Yeah, I can understand that. I'm still undecided on whether or not it's a good thing, but I do give credit to the UAE for thinking of even more ways to unify the GCC countries. :)

I was thinking maybe twenty teams?

If this ever happens, I don't think we'll see more than eight or nine non-UAE clubs joining the league. I think no more than three Kuwaiti and Qatari clubs will join the AGL, and certainly no more than two Bahraini clubs and one Omani club. I don't think any club from Saudi Arabia will be eager to join the AGL, so we probably wouldn't have to worry about that.

So you'll probably have a league with twenty clubs, eleven of which are based in the UAE and nine of which are based in the other GCC countries. Under these circumstances, it would probably mean that three UAE clubs will have to get relegated to the lower division, which is workable in my opinion, so it shouldn't be too problematic to carry out. Then again, that would be seen as harsh LOL.

Anyway, it's not like it's going to happen or anything. :p

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    AFC have been in Indonesia and are supporting an ASEAN Super League under the umbrella of the AFC. If they support that, then anything can happen.

22. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    this look good & easy to be done in PES but in reality we can only wish, dream or imagine :coffee:

UAE

Abu Dhabi: Al Ain, Al Wahda, Al Jazira, Bani Yas
    Dubai: Al Ahli, Al Shabab, Al Wasl, Al Nasr
    Sharjah: Al Sharjah (Al Sha'ab suck atm)
    total=9​
    Kuwait
    Al Qadsia, Al Arabi, Kuwait SC
    total=3​
    Qatar
    Al Sadd, Al Rayyan, Al Jaish, Lekhywia, Al Gharafa, Al Arabi
    total=6​
    Bahrain
    Al Muharaq, Al Riffa
    total=2​
    Oman?

23. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Qualification

Abu Dhabi Monday November 18, 2013:

The UAE football national team will appear in the all-white colours while the visiting side of Vietnam will wear the red silks during their AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers clash at the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium on Tuesday, it was decided during the pre-match technical meeting here at the match venue this morning.

The official meeting was attended by Yousuf Khouri, FA board member and chairman of the marketing committee, match commissioner Salman Al Namshan of KSA, Kuwaiti referees assessor Hussain Al Ghadanfari besides the referees and the representatives of the two sides. UAE was represented by the team’s manager Mutrif Al Shamsi, media coordinator Salem Al Naqbi, administrative secretary Hassan Fahad, marketing manager Khaled Matar and other officials.
    Meanwhile, Al Namshan congratulated at the beginning of the meeting the UAE on the well-deserved qualification for the finals and wished the two opponents all the best in tomorrow’s contest.

The meeting agreed to the colours of the two teams and the handing over of the start list 90 minutes prior to the kickoff of the game which is set to start at 7.30pm at the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium at Al Jazira Club.

24. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I played around with your post, a little bit. :p

It looks about right, although having six Qatari clubs in the AGL is way too much, if I may be honest. Three Qatari clubs are more than enough, in my opinion. One Omani club would do. :)

MVP#3 repped this.
  25. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates further enhanced their ever-growing reputation with a comprehensive 5-0 win over 10-man Vietnam on Tuesday as the AFC Asian Cup-bound side maintained their 100% record in Group E.

The Gulf Cup champions had already secured qualification following last week’s win over Hong Kong, but took full advantage of Chau Le Phuoc Vinh’s early red card at Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium.

Walid Abbas, Ismaeil Matar, Ali Mabkhout and Habib Al Fardan scored in the first half before Ahmed Khalil sealed a fifth consecutive win campaign, with Vietnam yet to pick up a point.