Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Congrats. Great result by the team. And I have to say that the equalizing goal was well-executed!! I do share the same sentiment with Orange14 that the under-age results are not indicators of future success. I'd be content if a couple of these young lads make make long careers in the future Dutch NT.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree and we have to remain skeptical. However:

• Rekik has become captain of City's Youth squad.
    • Vilhena has already made his Feyenoord debut and made some waves with it.
    • Ake is chosen as Chelsea youth players of the year.
    • Willems is close to go to Euro 2012 at age 18!
    • Depay has made his PSV debut and made some waves with it.
    Some players look like they do "connect" early and on a high level.

I also looked at the history of U17 and apart from becoming 2 times champs they also where finalist in 2008/2009. So 3 finals in 4 years. It's safe to say, that if this generation of U17's of the past years does not provide, then we can really stop drawing any conclusions from it. I don't think we get soon so many consecutive top places at a youth tournament, so we can really just sit and wait and see how this develops.

3. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didn't City send him out on loan a few months ago?

4. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Yep!

He went on loan to Portsmouth and has played 8 games there. Portsmouth had a lousy year and were relegated from the Championship and will be playing in League 1 next season.

Rekik was captain of City's U19 squad that were also in the NextGen, but they've lost all their games and were the worst team in the competition with 0 points in 6 games (17 goals scored against them in those 6 games!), PSV were 2nd worst with only 1 win.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    These are the games he played for Pompey:

[​IMG]

He has also been able to pull off a MoTM performance for them:

http://www.pompeychimes.com/karimrekik.htm

However they did relegate nevertheless, also because of a 10 point deduction as a penalty for the club.

I presume he is now back with City though, as I can't imagine he wants to play in League One.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :thumbsup: well played Ajax fan.

7. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Reikk & Ake would probably not make it. Chelsea & City dont have the patience to develop young talents

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think we all agree about this point on this board.

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Van Aanholt not looking very good at Vitesse. Buttner is far superior it seems, but I have high hopes of Ake. He has everything in him to become a very good defender. Duivenberg should've played him in defence and van den Boomen in midfield, but apparently he prefers a more defensive approach.

Manchester United have van Velzen and Kenji Gorre the latter has been there for almost 10 years and is considered a very big talent.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gore is the son of ... I believe, but he is representing England, not Netherlands right? As he is not raised by the Dutch academy's, I don't even want him in the NT.

Velzen is going nowhere.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Aanholt is energetic but you can park a bus between ball and feet when he dribbles. An Ajax reject is better than him as he was given a better education. He now has a lot of learning to do at Vitesse and watch how you play proper football. Being lively is not enough at the top. Ask Manolev.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope all the young players are learning the lesson that if you want to play for the senior nt you should stray in the Eredivisie to developed and not go abroad. t the money will come if the player ends up good enough. I don't rink van anholt or castignos will ever make it and an doubtful about bruma

13. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Kenji Gorre has been representing the Dutch youth teams for a while.

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am most excited about Kyle Ebecilio. He is exactly what Oranje needs: a defensive midfielder with technique and muscles. He is said to model himself after Viera, and he considers Alex Song as his personal mentor. All things considered, Arsenal has a better handle in developing young lads in recent years (e.g. Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, etc.)... so there's a legit reason to be hopeful on Kyle's development. BTW, he had one of the most appearances in Arsenal reserve this past season.

15. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Bazoer is from a very, very poor family and it's expected he will sign a big contract in England when he turns 16 to provide money for his family. In his situation it's understandable.

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I think we already have potentially such a player in Fer. Vertical ball runners with scoring ability. I was also a pretty curious how Ebecilio would develop and still am. However if you see what gamespeed-increasers like Clasie and Anita can do to a side (making teams champ/get second place and let every player around them play better also) I love that brand more in midfield. Having said that, Koeman uses both kind next to each other in midfield. When El Ahmadi is suspended or injured I have seen Koeman move Leerdam next to Clasie instead of Mokotjo. Not sure he has always done that, but I have seen him doing that. To give an idea how he likes to combine both kind of players, up to the point where he would rather move a right back up that has a more of a vertical-deep going game. So with one player like Clasie and Anita you can have one more vertical DM in a 4-2-3-1 system. Having said that. Van Marwijk gives the DM the task to be conservative with their attacking intentions. Strootman was for me much more advanterous than what he showed lately in Dutch NT.

So if we use this "Koeman view" to differentiate, it's Clasie, Anita and Nigel de Jong at one side. Van Bommel, Strootman and maybe Maher at the other side. Maher can also play AM of course and will end up there eventually IMO, once the big guys start to decline (Sneijder/VDV). Ebecilio fits the last group as well. I hope for him that van Marwijk will be gone when he starts appearing in the team, as he will have to deal with the conservative roles DM's get in Dutch NT, which collides with Ebecilio's nature to some extend.

By the way, the youth team follower of Arsenal told me, he reminded him most to Francis Coquelin.

Cheers

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good to know, thanks.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I think Ebecilio is much-longer prospect, in terms of readiness. After Euro '12, we will see the new midfielder bloods who are in the 21-24 age group getting tested, the likes of Strootman, Clasie, Anita, Wijnaldum, Fer. Then maybe pasca WC '14 (or even after this), the next generation who are now still in teens will get their chances, providing they continue to progress... in this group we can expect to see K. Ebecilio, Bouy (I just read that he moved to Juve, I must have missed the memo ;)), Vilhena, etc. Adam Maher seems to be the outlier here... he's still 18 but he is much farther in development. LOTS of exciting talents in the pipeline, hopefully they deliver the goods.

20. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    His main skill set was size and strength.... something maybe Khalid Boulahrouz is closest to in that regard... and Boula is pretty horrid.

21. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jaap was surprisingly decent with the ball as well and fast. He was a top 5 defender in the world in his prime. Miss him . . .

22. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dearly.

23. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Does anyone have a stream for Holland u19 vs Norwayu19? It's not on tv..

24. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    vipbox.tv usually works for me, click football button, and it will be there, but lots of ads pop up, i'd recommend using chrome, so you can see any bad software being downloaded, and you can delete it before it causes harm. Closing Ads are tricky, like they use false x buttons, but beyond that, it usually always has a link

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Friendly reminder:

In a 15 minutes Netherlands will play Turkey in the tournament of Toulon.

2012 Toulon tournament.

Dutch total squad:

[​IMG]

Photo:

[​IMG]

Staff:

[​IMG]

Turkey's total squad:

[​IMG]

Photo:

[​IMG]

Staff: