Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lol.. that’s called being selective. Too many competing priorities... basketball (college) season officially started this week here in the U.S. And my alma mater (Xavier Musketeers) is poised to make a solid run this year!

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is the pay per view channel that I do not subscribe to. They did not televise it on the regular FOX sports channel.

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats why you should get IPTV.
    You'll get 10,000 channels for just $15/month.

I get an American IPTV and its awesome :thumbsup:

5. PiTo

PiTo New Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Netherlands will play quaterfinal against Paraguay after their 3-2 win over Argentina, on Sunday (16.30 of local time).

It was bizarre to think about winning anything here after first two matches, but right now this team has legit shot on a final here. In their half of a draw, there are Paraguay, Mexico and South Korea - while in the other one, there are Spain, France, Brazil and Italy. :) I'm not that optimistic, because even against Nigeria boys were far away from perfection, but they'll be favourite against Paraguay and in potential semi against Mexico/ROK.

6. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see a Netherlands/France final. IMO they are the two teams with the most talent at the tournament. Yes the young Oranje have been vulnerable because their coach is a knob but it’s also a lot to expect 17 year olds, no matter how talented, to be flawlessly consistent. In youth tournaments form becomes even more important than in adult leagues/cups because there’s a much larger variance and less consistency for the most part (not to mention the physical aspect which varies wildly).

7. Kelvin Cheung

Kelvin Cheung Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 13, 2019
    Is the match against Paraguay to be played tonight?

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, it is Sunday at 2:30 US Eastern Time.

9. Kelvin Cheung

Kelvin Cheung Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 13, 2019
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just checked the program guide and it will be televised in the US on FOX FS2

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Some of those Paraguayan kids look a lot older then 17 :unsure:

12. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Anyone have a stream that would work in North America? nos.nl/sport is showing it but I'm geo blocked. :(

13. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Same problem. Unfortunately can't watch it, but i'm seeing 2-0 at half time for Oranje which is great news! Goals by Hoever and Hansen.
    Anyone who is watching have a general summary of the first half?

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    FS2 (U.S) for broadcast.

Crazy first half - should have been 3 or 4 To Nil for the Dutch. On 2-0, big swing in less than a minute... Hansen with an inexplicably miss on a rebound, then Paraguay scored shortly thereafter on a nicely-wrapped gift delivered by a Dutch defender Rensch :x3:

Dutch dominated possession, looked more energetic and faster in their passing. Paraguay seemed to be happy sitting back and absorbing pressure, but I am sure they will go out more in the second half.

Taylor impressed me so far with good distribution and controlling the midfield. Braaf is nifty, though a bit selfish at times. Want to see more from Unuvar, arguably the best talent in the pitch.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    NL have been totally dominant the entire game. Majority of possession for us, with PG looking dangerous on a few counter-attacks.

Streams: http://www.rojadirecta.me/

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's on live on FS2 if you have that on your cable package. This game should be over!!! Dutch are so superior but make such stupid mistakes in their own half with turnovers.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't know what Rensch was thinking on the Paraguay goal as the keeper had it covered. Braaf had a good assist but was way too selfish when players were open. Allouch has done nothing. Taylor is having a good game. Tactically they are still trying to play too many long balls when a short passing game would totally dominate the game. They have to be careful now having conceded the goal. I would not be surprised to see Paraguay come out on top in this match now that they have a lifeline.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In the end a somewhat convincing 4-1 win. Both teams were running out steam in the last half hour and I guess it's warm this time of year in Brazil. Still some work to do on finishing and I would like to see some better short passing in their game but that won't happen with this manager. Mexico - South Korea play later to see who takes on the Dutch this Thursday.

BaritoPutra repped this.
  19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    In the end, it was a simple victory for the Dutch u17. They outplayed Paraguay in every aspect of the game... even after two controversial disallowed goals by VAR. Frankly some of the defending efforts by Paraguay were a joke.

MoTM for me is Hansen. Strong performance all over, including a great goal in the first half and a couple of assists. The only slight disappointment was that he, being the tournament's top-scorer and on a goal streak, passed up on another goal and gave Unuvar a platter (which he missed badly!). Trying to be cute? Too unselfish? Who knows. I see a little bit of offensive-minded "Gini Wijnaldum" in him. A tireless hard-worker and fighter.

I also like Kenneth Taylor. He is a playmaker and overall leader in the field. Looks like a smart, cool-headed kid. Not too flashy, but extremely efficient and tidy on the ball. The rests had some good and decent moments. Braaf had good acceleration and scored, Unuvar with nice passes and also scored. Hoever showed speed and excellent penetration down the right side.

Nice win overall! Onwards and upwards.

Frysk Bloed repped this.
  20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Two third place teams to face off in the semis. Mexico get a second half goal to beat South Korea. Should be a worthy opponent.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mexico just like NL didnt have good group stage games.
    They should be beatable

22. Kelvin Cheung

Kelvin Cheung Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 13, 2019
    I think Paraguay and Mexico are on the level but Mexico will be a bit strong in midfield and defence as they have not conceded a single goal in the knockout stage. If Netherlands gets cautious and play as they did in the recent games, it is hard to stop them!!

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the second half of the Mexico match last night and they are very well organized on defense. they also have a very good MF with some very good ball skills and speed. This will be a really good challenge for the U-17 Oranje.