The U.S. U-15 Program (2017/18 thread)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ussoccer97531, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @JREskilson’s Tweet:

2. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leone Rotundo.jpg Here's Leone and Rotundo in camp.

3. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d still like to know if there’s going to be a game on Wednesday or not if anyone has any idea...

4. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles

Tom Collingsworth, Pl@ymaker and ielag repped this.
  5. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think in most European countries, at least at the youth level, many of the players called in for national team duty hail from the country's top clubs, many times located in the capital. In the Czech Republic, where I am, that's Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague. Saw last week that six Slavia players were called up for the Czech U16 squad and five for the U17 squad.

6. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Most likely because the richest clubs are scouting the other clubs for their best talent. Further, the secondary clubs are scouting clubs further down the food chain. This leads to a concentration of talent at the top.

This has begun in this country with club teams feeding DA teams feeding MLS teams. I would think in the Czech Republic, the elite prospects leave the country just like in this country.

7. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I guess Rotundo is an EU citizen. But has any MLS team tried to sign him? Why not throw Jordan Morris money at him and a 3 year deal? I would think both the LAG and LAFC should try. Rotundo can take the $500K, and work with Kleiban for 2 years, and move to Europe at 17. Meanwhile, LAG can play him and get anywhere from Richards to Davies money for him.

Could it be that he has offers far above that waiting for him? Probably, but it also wouldn't surprise me if MLS hasn't even tried.

8. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    I’m sure the LA teams and RSL have kicked the tires on Rotundo, but it’s probably a foregone conclusion that he’s heading to Europe next year.

9. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    rotundo average size right now or on the smaller side?

10. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Rotundo has a French passport as his mom is French. Pretty sure the reason he never went to LAG earlier is he lives in San Diego and getting to LA each day would be a beating. He went from Albion to Surf a few years back and I would expect him to stay at Surf until he goes to Europe. He has trained with a number of French pro teams over the years and expect he moves at 18.

Definitely one to watch with skills for days and a great attitude.

11. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Rotundo can move to Europe at 16 (September 2020) since he has a French passport. And I believe he could sign to play in France now since that’s where his passport is from.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  12. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    You are right but he has an older brother and not sure they want to move the family just yet. I figure the move is at 18. I don't see him taking a deal from an MLS club but never know.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Smaller side, but he’s a #10. He’s not undersized for that position.

14. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    He is 14, the more important question is how tall is his father and his mother's father.

15. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither of his parents look very big but his brother is a few inches taller than his dad so let’s hope he gets there too.

Patrick167 repped this.
  16. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, the funnel of talent pretty much always leads to Prague, although some kids skip that step and make the move elsewhere at 16 with mixed success. Slavia has it's own scouting unit, scouring the country looking for top players at the smaller clubs. If they can scoop them up by 15, they only pay a release fee, which is set by the federation. After 15, top players could be under contract, making the effort to pull them in more expensive....

Patrick167 repped this.
  17. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have a coach for this team?

18. BraveUpNorth

BraveUpNorth Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I believe it is Clint Peay, now that the U14 program is overseen by the new Talent Identification group lead by Tony Lepore.

19. Jack0503

Jack0503 Member

Liverpool FC
    Sep 24, 2018
    Clint Peay resigned from the u15 team

20. Timm

Timm Member

Fc Barcelona
    United States
    Oct 6, 2017
    Its funny you say that. Antione Greizman was very undersized as a teenager and was rejected by most French youth clubs. He had to go to Spain to develop and look where he is now. So size if often not so important for a teenager

21. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i was saying it because an overemphasis on size to the detriment of small technical players has been a criticism of usynts for as long as ive been posting. rotundo fwiw sounds like hes simply so good it doesnt matter

22. BraveUpNorth

BraveUpNorth Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  23. Jack0503

Jack0503 Member

Liverpool FC
    Sep 24, 2018
    Yes, he told the boys after the games with la galaxy

24. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Maybe we know what Gregg is doing between camps. Going through coaching resumes? Now is the time to build out his training and tactical plans.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  25. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be Gregg and Earnie. Would make sense to use the same system all the way through the system and pick coaches who can implement it.