The U-15 Program (2018-19 thread)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 5, 2019.

1. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting a new thread because we were still using the 2017-18 one. Looks like CONCACAF is holding the U-15 Championship next month. Portugal and Slovenia also participating. No other details AFAIK.

Luksarus, jeff_adams, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  2. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And forgive me if this is the wrong time in the cycle to start a new thread. I have trouble keeping the cycles straight in my head.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We've talked about Nico Carrera a lot, the FCD U17 CB that US U17s have kicked the tires on. His brother might be the better prospects. A U15 goalkeeper with a pretty high ceiling from I've seen.

soccersubjectively and TheFalseNine repped this.
  4. Befuddled

Befuddled Member

Swansea City
    United States
    Mar 27, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top Drawer Soccer Best XI came out today. From the last roster, 3 guys were on the national roster that went to Italy, and were somewhat unsuccessful. There are also 5 guys on the best XI noted below that were not on the roster that I feel should get their chance...and maybe can help get a better result. We will see if the national team coaches see these players as Top Drawer does. Below are the listed Top XI (removed the boys from Canada):

There were a number of terrific individual performances during the week in the U15 age group. TopDrawerSoccer names a Best XI from the 2019 Boys Development Academy U15 Playoffs.

GK Isaac Nehme, Colorado Rapids - Out of full disclosure, Chicago Fire goalkeeper Christopher Brady was awarded the Golden Gloves honor from USSF after the event. And Toronto FC Dino Bontis was the champion of the event. That said, Isaac Nehme was the most meaningful goalkeeper to his team’s success. The Rapids (!!!!) finished the season undefeated. Yes, zero losses all year. Nehme was a major reason why the team was successful in 2018/2019 and he showed well in Oceanside.

D Antonio Leone, Los Angeles Football Club - USSF awarded Leone the Golden Ball for event, as the best player. The LAFC center back propelled his team to a spot in the championship game.

D Angel Martinez, Seattle Sounders - Martinez is a dominating figure in this age group - even playing up a year. He bossed the defense and even became a weapon in the attack when the Sounders were searching for a goal.

D Ryan Quintos, Chicago Fire Soccer Academy - Fire only gave up two goals in three games in Oceanside and Quintos was a major reason why. He was terrific throughout the competition and rarely put a foot wrong.

M Dylan Presto, Los Angeles Football Club - Presto put his name on this list with that performance in the game in the championship game. Presto scored twice in the first half as it looked like he sealed a title for his club before Toronto FC made a triumphant comeback in the second half.

F Moises Cuartas, Weston FC - Cuartas scored in every game during Weston’s time in Oceanside. The talented winger had some jaw-dropping moments in Oceanside including a nifty meg against the Impact.

F Darren Yapi, Colorado Rapids - Yapi is another tall winger who had a good showing in Oceanside. He scored a terrific goal against LAFC.

Austin Brummett, Seattle Sounders - Brummett had a number of standout moments during the week in Oceanside. He won countless aerial duels, and became an obvious threat on set pieces.

ChuckMe92 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  5. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we're playing a tournament in less than a month, I would imagine a camp will be held very soon.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  6. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current U15 cycle is 2018-2019, and the following U15 cycle will be 2020-2021. All of the U15, U17, and U20 cycles end in odd-numbered years. I'm pretty sure you can also say the U16, U18, U19 cycles end in odd-numbered years. Only the U23s end in even years.

TarHeels17 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Best 23 for '04:

GK: Slonina, Alguera, A. Carrera
    DF: Duenas, J. Reynolds, Sasaki, Lau, Leone, Morales, Cortez, Stephens
    MF: Craig, Flax, Hot, J. Torres, Rotundo, Lima, L. Torres, Sullivan, Oliva
    FW: Toure, Rincon-Rodriguez, (I haven't seen another YNT caliber CF)

Slonina
    Reynolds-Leone-Morales-Sasaki
    Craig-Hot
    Rotundo
    Sullivan-Toure-L.Torres

Others worthy of being listed in some capacity: A. Johnson, Yantz, Fenton, A. Rodriguez, Villatoro, Lambe, Pukstas, Borsos, Cisneros

8. LuckofLichaj

LuckofLichaj Member+

Mar 9, 2012
  9. Befuddled

Befuddled Member

Swansea City
    United States
    Mar 27, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would expand the list to include these guys:
    GK: Isaac Nehme
    DF: Ryan Quintos
    MF: D'Alessandro Herrera
    FW: Austin Brummett

ChuckMe92 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know anything about Herrera or Nehme. I've seen Quintos play once. He didn't look like a bad player, but not a YNT player, IMO. I've seen Brummett play a few times, and I don't think he's a YNT caliber player either, but I could be wrong.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  11. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    I have doubts about Toure. Toure's profile on USSDA says his year of graduation is in 2020, but he's a 2004, how can that be?
    The TopDrawerSoccer page also lists the year of graduation 2020, but that year would be the graduation for 2001 and 2002.
    It's a mistake?

12. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    #12 butters59, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I read some explanations that Adu graduated three years earlier because Ghanaian schools were so much better than American. Is it the case for Guinean schools as well?

Luksarus repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The listing isn't wrong. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but I think it was JR Eskilson who confirmed that it's correct.

Luksarus repped this.
  14. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two '04s made their senior friendly debut for Sac Republic. F Rafael Jauregui (last with US U15s in May 2018) and D Jonathan Dadzie (no U15 calls).

Luksarus and Pl@ymaker repped this.