The Trump Presidency V: New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

bigredfutbol, Auriaprottu and Gamecock14 repped this.
  2. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    You say this like anything Trump does is logical.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Plus Till and Trump have a huge oil deal lined up with Putin when this all blows over.

4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I watched the WH press meeting today. The press core are so brow beaten by Hucksan they wouldn't say boo. It was like watching Nurse Ratchet.

Mojo Jambo and Auriaprottu repped this.
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    940685824013885440 is not a valid tweet id

Boloni86 repped this.
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA Today editorial.....The blandest paper ever....Check out their editorial. Simply BRUTAL!

940770757172396037 is not a valid tweet id

DGreat, usscouse and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/i-thi...joice-in-breitbart-chiefs-alabama-humiliation

What an insecure little fuc.kface.

bigredfutbol, usscouse and JohnR repped this.
  9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Insecure and mean. Not Woody Allen insecure, wrapped up in his own fears, but the nasty version of insecure, the kind of kid who needs to make others cry to feel good about himself.

luftmensch, Dyvel, soccernutter and 4 others repped this.
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno, the allegations against Woody Allen make me think they're one and the same.

soccernutter and bigredfutbol repped this.
  11. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, that would be O. This doesn't help me one damn bit. Not Nikki Haley, not Rex Tillerson, not Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Not Steve Mnuchin.

sitruc repped this.
  13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/13/16760752/democrats-sexual-harassment-whataboutism

This is a long exploration of the uneasy moral dilemma facing Democrats. Conservatives be forewarned...it presumes bad faith on the part of the Republican party. It uses the explicit example of Newt's evolving position on the fairness of Robert Mueller, but also talks about the completely ********ed up GOP leadership take on the tax cuts and the upcoming need to cut SS and Medicare because of the deficit.

Speaking just for myself, I held off on responding in a nihilistic manner, because when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you. The election of Trump destroyed most of my defenses, and the process by which the GOPs are proceeding on MAJOR MAJOR legislation destroyed the rest.

My feeling is win, reverse gerrymander, and start attacking all GOP interest groups...the finance industry, megachurches, non-general practitioning doctors, the Kochs, the CEO class, absentee voters, the gun fetishists, everyone and anyone we can identify.

Don't get me wrong, I see the downside. But that's where I'm at.

xtomx and usscouse repped this.
  14. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda wish USA Today had skipped the "not fit to clean toilets" angle.

Cleaning bathrooms is an actual job which actual human beings do for a living.

Ismitje, sitruc, russ and 4 others repped this.
  15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys like Allen put me in the mind of Nietzsche:

“Of all evil I deem you capable: Therefore I want good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”

HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    As a side note, the Al Franken defenders mentioned in that article are female, as are the Al Franken defenders in my office. It's a Nixon-to-China thing ... male Dems hesitate make that argument for fear of being branded as soft on Communism sexual assaulters, whereas the women are largely immune from that argument.

At any rate, I have come around to the view that dropping Al was good politics for the Democrats, if not necessarily fair to Al (he might well deserve to go, but not until some form of due process is applied). Portraying the GOP as the rapey/pedo enablers seems to be working, and keeping Al would get in the way of that approach.

17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    As is shining shoes.

I spent one summer cleaning floors and bathrooms in a convalescent home. I have had worse jobs than that ... telemarketing, for one. Security guard, for another (more boring). It was certainly more honorable than being Donald Trump.

Bootsy Collins, sitruc, russ and 7 others repped this.
  18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I'd rather have one party with a moral compass than zero parties with a moral compasses.

The right thing is always worth fighting for. It can be a momentum builder on its own merit. And a positive karma accumulator. And doing the right thing does not infer weakness. One can do the right thing and still go to war against that list of targets. They're not mutually exclusive.

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Interesting. I did my share of moonlighting cleaning an office building, inc toilets at night. As well as working double shifts (16 hours) as a security guard over a Xmas , new year period. You do what you need to do if you don't have a $10million start in life.
    Telemarketing. Hell no, I'd sooner clean toilets. :)

raza_rebel repped this.
  20. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I'd rather be a US Senator. I did telemarketing back in the 80s, lasted one day before saying no thanks.

HerthaBerwyn and Dyvel repped this.
  21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    For sure. Easy call that.

usscouse repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Reminder of why POTUS won't roll over on Putin even to save his own skin

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JohnR repped this.
  24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

People have long been unsure what she did at the White House," the former official said, adding that people inside the White House had been openly wondering "what value she brought" to the operation.

"Many of her colleagues are elated by today's news," the former official added.

Manigault Newman, who was married earlier this year, was one of Trump's most outspoken supporters during the campaign.
    In an interview with PBS "Frontline," Manigault Newman said that when Trump wins, "Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump."

Much of Manigault Newman's work centered around being a high-profile Trump surrogate with African-American voters. That role, however, was often contentious and her appearance at the National Association of Black Journalists' annual convention in New Orleans earlier this year spiraled into a shouting match about Trump's views on police brutality.​

I thought for sure, with all her reality TV experience, she'd be the last one voted off the island, or whatever they do on Real World Trumpistan.

bigredfutbol and Boloni86 repped this.
  25. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu

I say this about half of Trumps cabinet appointments. The other half are there to dismantle the departments they are appointed to.

sitruc repped this.