The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Odds are, he is banned, but I'm not keeping track.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumor has it the gloves fit Donald Trump's hands perfectly.

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I have that conversation now and then. My left brain answers. Don't be dumb, you haven't lost a step since you were doin special forces stuff just 55-60 years ago.
    The right brain says. Slow the hell down and don't flash the finger when some fool cuts you off.

I'm still doing ok. I'm more deliberate now. Right now we're on a road trip camping down the Oregon Coast in our van. Sharon, me and Ringo the rescue mutt
    image.jpg

4. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Nice rig.....I gave up driving this sucker a while back. Now I just have a ramp van to whisk Wifey around.

[​IMG]

upload_2018-10-16_16-49-37.jpeg

5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #1130 usscouse, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Home away from home, nice rig.
    I like small to get into some of the places we like to go. Off the (heavily beaten track). This is a step up from the VW Westfalia. I can put my pants on standing up. :)
    My wife, 10 years my junior likes to drive the highway portions and gives me a break.
    Hope your wifey gets about ok and the ramp is just convenience.

xtomx, roby and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Haha. Just let Whitelandians dance and you'll know quickly they got no African blood. :thumbsup:

Deadtigers and roadkit repped this.
  7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Thanks Iron Eyes Cody. You Jersey Italians could teach Professor Warren a thing or two about Cherokee heritage.

8. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Hey @Cascarino's Pizzeria .... to stay on topic the you-know-what just hit the fan.

San Diego ranks among top US pizza cities, TripAdvisor says :cry:

Ahead of San Diego ranked New York City (of course), Chicago, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Orlando, Seattle, and Boston. America's Finest City beat out Atlanta and Washington, D.C. on the top 10 list. [none from Jersey or Ct :(]

While TripAdvisor noted that Filippi's Pizza Grotto was the highest ranked pizza place in town, we all know there's so much more to enjoy. Meh [a mile r/t]

Whether you're a fan of pepperoni, pineapple (yup, we said it), or just cheese, here are some spots for every pizza fan:

Bronx Pizza - 111 Washington Street

Bronx Pizza is a cash-only restaurant that offers a simple menu of thin-crust pizza and calzones. They have a window open to the sidewalk...call ahead... give them your name...$20...get your 18" pizza. Best I've tried [30+ r/t] :thumbsup:

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    That's nice. But this headline alone warms my mozzarella-choked heart:

Is New York’s Best Pizza in New Jersey?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/12/dining/razza-pizza-review-jersey-city.html

Deadtigers, roby and xtomx repped this.
  10. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That's hardly news. It's natural for food invented in other places to be made better in California. That's what California does.

luftmensch and bigredfutbol repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The results are in:

1051949848797335553 is not a valid tweet id

12. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Not sure his supporters are going to accept someone who is 15% Diet Coke. He told them that according to family stories he's at least 10% Mountain Dew.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE="Yoshou, post: 37192860, member: 148171]
    If DNA tests are suddenly allowed, .[/QUOTE]
    You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Enrollment is an internal matter for the tribe. @Coyote-Trickster knows who I am in real life and he will tell you I know what I’m talking about.

russ and bigredfutbol repped this.
  14. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    here’s a primer

15. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you miss the part where I said I had no idea how the Cherokee handled enrollment?

16. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been pretty busy on Twitter trying to explain this stuff. Here's an exchange with @Demosthenes (who also doesn't post here any more :( )

Deadtigers and soccernutter repped this.
  17. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1142 roadkit, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Her Tall Tale that one drop of Indian blood makes her part Native American. It's fact she knew Harvard was promoting her as a minority and she did little, if anything to dissuade them from doing so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...plained/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cd44e5190067

So she had an ancestor who was Native American. Big deal. Was she raised on a reservation? No. But she did think that link might provide her access to others "like her." No doubt.

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to paste something I posted in the previous incarnation of this thread nearly a year ago...

Professor Warren claimed to be 1/32 Cherokee but also readily admits that such claim stems from family lore passed down from her grandparents, which considering that she grew up in Oklahoma is not all that uncommon even if apocryphal. The more important point is that there is little to no evidence she ever used her alleged status for gain. She didn't apply as a minority to the University of Houston or Rutgers Law School, where she got her JD and didn't attempt to obtain minority scholarships at either school. She characterized herself as "white" when she taught at the University of Texas. She was listed as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools Faculty Directory (think old school Bell White Pages for law school faculty across the country), but there is no evidence she used her alleged minority status to get hired by Penn.

As a visiting professor at HLS, Warren was incredibly popular. Her bankruptcy and commercial transactions courses were always over-subscribed (i.e., there was a waiting list to take them), which speaks volumes considering the (IMHO mind-numbing) nature of those two courses. IIRC, she also taught tax. When HLS offered her tenure a year or so later, it was based on how popular a professor she was and her research background in bankruptcy. Professor Charles Fried, who was head of the tenure committee at the time has said in multiple interviews that Warren's alleged Cherokee status never came up during hiring discussions and played no role in her being offered tenure. You might remember that Fried was Solicitor-General for President Reagan. He actually had a big photo of Ed Meese in his office...it was kind of creepy.

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, let me explain further.

You seem to think someone could "force" his/her way back into a tribe through DNA tests.

It's one thing not to know how this or that tribe defines membership. But that's not what you're doing here. You're making it sound like something other than a tribe makes the rules. That's not the case. That's my point.

Your formulation here is very similar to saying, what if the DNA tests could force Russia to give someone Russian citizenship. It's absurd, because Russian laws define who can and who cannot get Russian citizenship, and everyone knows that. Tribes are the same.

diablodelsol and sitruc repped this.
  20. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can shout that into the void all you like, it's gonna make no difference here or elsewhere :) people just wanna be angry about this.

Deadtigers repped this.
  21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Agreed.

22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The more Warren talks about the subject, the more the Fox viewer is convinced that this is an important topic, and that of course she is lying. Her best strategy is to ignore Trump's taunts, with perhaps the occasional dismissive comment suggesting that the topic is too stupid to earn a response.

23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I heard they were too big...

24. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This is not necessarily a bad thing. The Fox hardcore isn't changing their mind and having them fixated on this is probably better than them focused on something more important. It would be even better if Warren isn't running for another political office. She could take one for the country. Sort of like Peloisi.

ceezmad repped this.
  25. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    roby, dapip, soccernutter and 2 others repped this.