The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, this is not necessarily true, she has a good chance of having Amerindian DNA so in that sense she is right about having Amerindian connection, but the test can not show what tribe, she thinks it is Cherokee because of family tradition and history, but she can not prove it. The DNA test does not prove it, it is not specific to a tribe, just to a general sample of mostly Central and south American Indigenous DNA matches.

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The fact that we are discussing Warren's DNA test is proof that it was a stupid, amateurish move on her part.

russ and crazypete13 repped this.
  3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The coolest thing would be if a politician shares his DNA, and then somebody uses it to tie him to a crime.

chaski, dapip and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, after all these years, OJ gets exonerated and Lindsey Graham is proven to be the Real Killer.

russ, Deadtigers, Auriaprottu and 7 others repped this.
  5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Expect Yo Momma jokes to break out any minute

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Definitely has several pairs of Bruno Maglis...cause he's a snappy dresser! What?? :p

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Two words for you: Zodiac Killer.

8. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    "My name is Mitch McConnell - You know who I am, goddammit!"

9. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Y'know....1st it was that poor young girl in '90 and then Nicole got whacked in '94. Vince Foster got his in '93 along with Andre the Giant. Appears to be quite the pattern. Benghazi was just a smokescreen. :devilish:

In these times we need GRIMES!!!

russ, Deadtigers, spejic and 2 others repped this.
  10. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Did she even mention Cherokee? Or was she more general?

Also....to be clear...she claimed minority status in a law directory and a faculty directory at Harvard (iirc). So she didn’t just claim to have an Indian ancestor (that may have been her ex post facto explanation)

Which leads me back to agreeing that this was a silly stunt that is backfiring.

11. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1111 Yoshou, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Because enrollment in the various Indian tribes is a complicated and highly political thing. I don't know how the Cherokee handle enrollment and I'm not saying they do this, but up here in the PNW, a number of tribes require the people have a direct lineage to people listed on a certain treaty. If they aren't able to trace their lineage directly to a person on the register, they get booted from the tribe. Some tribes have a special department whose job it is to trace lineages for people on the tribe's register and, if there isn't an obvious direct lineage, they start the process of disenrolling. In some cases that means whole families that have lived on the reservation for generations are suddenly booted from the tribes. It also tends to be highly political as the ruling families will use the process to remove political rivals from the tribe.

If DNA tests are suddenly allowed, it could mean that people who were previously disenrolled, could force their way back into the tribe because their DNA proves they have Indian ancestty and, perhaps, can trace their DNA back to tribe members. Or, it could mean that people who are in the tribe and have what they think is a direct lineage suddenly find out that they aren't connected and get the boot.

roadkit, M, argentine soccer fan and 2 others repped this.
  12. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    [​IMG]

HAIL GRIMES

russ, Sounders78, spejic and 2 others repped this.
  13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Where's or resident NA expert when ya need him?

Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  14. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Hey...it just hit me! :cry:

In the thread title it reads "We All Gotta Duck".
    Where's my duck?...I don't gotta duck.

Damn O'Bama. :mad::(:(

fatbastard repped this.
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ted Cruz

16. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    In a bizarre twist even for this presidency, it turns out that the only thing Donald Trump said that was truthful was that Ted Cruz' father was involved in the Kennedy assassination.

xtomx and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I bet Ted Cruz killed the parents of the Menéndez brothers.

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    We also have no proof Killary didn't smoke Malcolm X & MLK.

19. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    She would have stood out too much in the Audubon Ballroom but I can't argue with you about MLK.

Deadtigers repped this.
  20. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    The Bros have been incarcerated for 29 years at a cost of $2,240,000 +. If Teddy had done the job [allegedly] before they were born he could have saved a lot of people from a lot of grief......especially the parents. :coffee:

21. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My grandfather was born in what was then Indian Territory in OK, and our family has always had lore that there was Indian blood in the family line.
    I have no interest in a DNA test to prove or disprove the theory, and I can’t imagine ever using it to gain advantage. I mean, using Warren’s logic we should all be able to claim African ancestry.
    She got caught telling a tall tale and should’ve owned up to it.

22. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Objection.

Facts not in evidence

fatbastard repped this.
  23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She did not, there is a very good possibility she has Amerindian DNA (small amounts).

So it's ok for her to claim Native American heritage, now saying that she may be Cherokee is more pushing it, there is no way outside the member rolls to prove that.

24. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Invalid advantage of some sort has been the implication of the "Pocahontas" meme, but I have never seen it directly alleged that she did anything more than answer a question on a questionnaire that according to family mythology she had an NDN ancestor.

I have seen it said that whoever's questionnaire it was dredged it up and used her answer as part of their answer to a diversity inquiry, but that is hardly anything she did. So at some point it would help if someone could just give the detail on what real sin was involved.

Or I will go on thinking this is just another smear myth with no actual substance, like Benghazi and swiftboating and a dozen others unworthy of my attention or yours...

fatbastard, dapip and xtomx repped this.
  25. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The only people taking advantage were Harvard in trying to make their faculty look more diverse than it was.

What tall tale? What she said turned out to be true.

dapip and xtomx repped this.