The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    People hate watch things all the time

Deadtigers and spejic repped this.
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, she was a victim of Jade Helm.

3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I love watching Rachel Maddow, but mostly for the comedic effect, not the political insight. She was great on election night 2016. Same with Paul Krugman. He has given up on any kind of economic analysis and is happy just to beclown himself on TV and in print.

4. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of our societal downfalls. Gotta get your outrage about something, right?

5. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A federal judge in Washington D.C. refused to block a House subpoena to President Trump’s accounting firm for his financial records on Monday, Axios reports.

sitruc, xtomx and soccernutter repped this.
  6. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In more fun news, Jay Sekulow, Trump's attorney who is an evangelical Christian who has hosted TV shows on Christian television, encouraged Michael Cohen and others to lie. Sekulow picked a Trump Tower negotiations ending date for everyone to use, despite knowing full well the date was false - at least according to Cohen. God never said Christians couldn't bear false witness - at least not in the parts they read (like those books at the start that aren't called Genesis).

Deadtigers, dapip and sitruc repped this.
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm sure you knew that he was a drummer in a Dad Rock band:

Sounders78 repped this.
  8. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I did not and I wish I still didn't.

That said, the song choice was quite humorous. Jesus isn't all that great or anything special, he's just alright.

Deadtigers, xtomx, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fixed it.

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Was she any relation to Enola Gay?

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Page Six, Donald Trump Jr. is telling people he would like to run for New York City mayor.

o_O:cautious::rolleyes:o_O

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Deadtigers, sitruc, xtomx and 2 others repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Can you indict a sitting, failed mayoral candidate?

Deadtigers, xtomx, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Ooh fah

Deadtigers, Auriaprottu, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  14. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Please be true. My heart is afluttering with anticipation.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  15. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Speaking of courts, I missed this...

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/20/18632346/trump-steve-hilton-interview-fox-news

During an interview on Steve Hilton’s Fox News show on Sunday, President Donald Trump bragged about how rapidly his administration is getting stuff done. But he revealed a profound misunderstanding of how federal lawmaking is supposed to work in the process.

“We’re changing laws as rapidly as we can get them through the courts,” Trump said.. . .

The trend of the executive branch cutting Congress out of the picture to make policy didn’t begin with Trump. Faced with gridlock in Congress, President Obama, for instance, used executive action to create the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program in 2012. But Trump has gone even further to circumvent lawmakers.

His latest Fox News interview was a typical affair in many ways. Hilton didn’t confront the president with tough questions, but instead let him riff in response to comments like “You still want that big infrastructure bill” and “Tax reform, tax cuts — we all agree it’s been an amazing boost to the economy.” Hilton didn’t push back on Trump when he said his new immigration plan has “tremendous details” without specifying a single one of them, nor did he note that Trump’s rejection of universal health care is directly at odds with the position he espoused during the 2016 campaign. ​

Another shocker

Deadtigers, soccernutter and sitruc repped this.
  16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    We have town halls at work where C suite people toss lob balls at the CEO. This is no different.

Deadtigers repped this.
  17. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I agree. And I never agree w VFISH. Why not go on FOX, where a couple of viewers can be swayed, versus preaching to the choir? One of those stupid ********ers may wake up and say "So where are Ivanka's handbags being made? Maybe I'm being played?"

Deadtigers, Dr. Wankler and roadkit repped this.
  18. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "would like" is doing a ton of work in that sentence. I would like a lot of things - the Earthquakes to be a competitive soccer team in MLS, another season of Firefly, less rain and fewer fires in Northern California, ... but at some point we have to be realistic about what is possible.

Deadtigers, charlie15 and Deep Wilcox repped this.
  19. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You watch Rachel and Krugman for comedic effect? You should check out Jay Sekulow, Rudy G., Kellyanne Conway and her husband, the new AG, Don Jr. etc and then you can talk about "beclowning".
    People, this is our country. Its important. If, at this point you don't think Trump should be investigated and removed from office, well you are playing for a different team. The people still supporting Trump either are not paying attention, or have something to gain from him staying in office. Its time to be patriots. Dem, Republican; it does not matter. He is gaming the system for his personal gain. Our democracy is at risk.

20. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think analysts have already made the point that the answer to the Fox question varies between candidates

Putting aside the moral question which Warren validly raises, if you are a fringe candidate like Mayor Pete, this generated him a lot of media attention he otherwise doesn't get. It's also possible that if he does well on Fox, he can get a lot of airtime there as they astroturf the Dem primary (they need content after all).

For Biden, i think going on Fox is stupid.

21. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have this theory about Trump gaming the system for his personal gain. It kind of relies on him being a petty-ass grifter, but anyone who has followed his career over the last thirty or forty years knows that he is, in fact, a petty-ass grifter. My theory is about Donald Trump playing golf.

When Donald Trump, the President of the United States of America, plays golf, he always plays at a golf course that is owned by the Trump Organization. Seriously - news organizations keep track of how many days Trump plays golf, and it is always at a Trump owned golf course. He doesn't go and play at one of the military-owned courses like Obama used to. He plays, one hundred percent, at Trump-owned courses.

Why does this matter? The short answer is, Trump is a petty-ass grifter, and regardless of whether he was making deals with Russia or Saudi Arabia or whoever for future building branding rights, he makes money right now by playing golf at his own courses.

The full costs of what taxpayers pay when Trump plays golf are not published. It's not clear if some future FOIA (freedom of information act) requests will get that information - Trump doesn't have to publish it according to current law, so he doesn't. But, every time Trump plays golf, here's what happens.

1. Trump has to "pay" for a round of golf. (This might be free or discounted because he is a "member" of whatever golf club he's playing at, but given that he is a petty-ass grifter, he is probably paying full price, with taxpayer dollars. Or maybe not. This may be the one part that taxpayers don't pay for, because it's totally overwhelmed by the next part.)

2. Trump's security team / Secret Service has to provide security on the golf course. The easiest way to secure the golf course is to STOP EVERYONE ELSE FROM PLAYING GOLF AT THAT TIME. Seriously, you avoid all those pesky background checks and all that stuff, and just say, nobody else can use the course while Mr. President is out there. What's that, sir? You had a reservation? I'm sorry, we can't honor that today due to security concerns, we'll refund your money. But the key, and this is where Trump being a petty-ass grifter comes in, is that the Trump Organization-owned golf course gets to charge the President's security team - aka, the taxpayers - all of the lost income from having to cancel every other golfer's round while the fat ass President is duffing it up out there.

Really, if you were to go to a private golf course and say, "I want to play golf, and nobody else can play while I am out there", they will laugh in your face, but if you insist (and if you have the money), they will charge you for every other potential round of golf they had to cancel in order for you to play privately. You're essentially renting out the entire course for your private event. This is what President Trump does every time he plays golf. Sure, he may have a guest he plays with sometimes, but his courses are for sure cancelling everyone else's reservations and charging the government - you, me, taxpayers everywhere - for the President to be able to play privately and securely.

Is there documentation to prove this? No, there is not. The President's security costs are not subject to review. It's a loophole which previous Presidents could have taken advantage of, but didn't, because they weren't petty-ass grifters.

Obama played the majority of his golf at military courses. Security at those courses is built-in - it's straightforward for a military course to shut out any potential security risks when the President plays a round, because the course is on a goddamn military base.

Trump always - always! - plays at a Trump Organization owned course. Why is this? Because he's a petty-ass grifter.

I hope that someday, the laws are changed and the records of how much taxpayers paid to the Trump Organization every time Trump played golf can be published. It's going to be a shocker to every fiscal conservative who thought that the tax cuts last year were a good idea. Trump is a petty-ass grifter and his main grift is not trying to get Trump Towers built in third world kleptocracies, but transferring taxpayer dollars to his golf courses on a weekly basis.

22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's also incredible the extent of self dealing from his campaign and allied PACs into Trump properties

Deadtigers and bigredfutbol repped this.
  23. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, 100%. He is making money off his little vacations. Like you say, he is just a grifter, and the little country club play, is just low hanging fruit. He is billing the shit out of those trips.

I think he is also manipulating the markets. On the weekend he threatens China, on Monday the markets crater, and then he backs off through Wednesday (so he can cover his bets). This happens most weeks. My IRA is electric since I started trading with Trump.

Obviously, the markets will get wise to him, like they did when he became a corporate raider in the '80s. He is just a petty grifter (your words), who got elected president. So he works his cons as long as the rubes are there. That's what he does. So I think you only have a few more weeks to take advantage.

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is why I don't understand why average conservative voters support him

Why do they want a president who is grifting? If a dem did this they would (justifiably) be outraged.

But now the path has been laid open for a dem potus to do the same stuff.

Deadtigers, xtomx and bigredfutbol repped this.
  25. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Biden going on Fox to debate Tucker Carlson or Hannity would be stupid.

Biden going on Fox and being interviewed by Bret Baier or Chris Wallace would not be. They might not throw softballs at him, but he'd be able to get his message to an audience he might not otherwise reach.