The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #3801 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Grimes makes it seem that simple but oh no it's not, buster. Follow me here. Grimes HAILS from PA. The PA region that gave Trump the election contains Scranton. Dunder Mifflin is in Scranton. So it's patently obvious. Bears (Russian), Beets (Whitelandian farmers), Battlestar Galactica (Space Force) was all in his master plan to install the Orange Asshole and eventually usurp all power from our weak & ineffective DC leaders.

2. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    A wall will be built only not on the border. The pollution in the air will be from all the miscreants smoke as they enjoy their last Parliament! :ninja:

spejic repped this.
  3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The leaders will resign because they don't want their bones to become part of the wall.
    Their bones will become part of the wall anyway but that's irrelevant.

russ and spejic repped this.
  4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neglect rather than physical, to me.

5. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I think the chance of neglect was 100% but the chance that there was physical isn't insignificant.

6. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones!

russ, Cascarino's Pizzeria and song219 repped this.
  7. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    ????
    The new national anthem will be "One Nation Under a Groove"
    It will be known as "One Nation Under an Organic Babylonian Construct"

The chorus of the redone song will still flow.
    Grimes commands it.

russ, spejic, Smurfquake and 1 other person repped this.
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't disagree.

This whole episode - related to the funeral - make me think of the that analysis/study of the Romania orphans who showed a lack of development of the emotional part of the brain because there was a lack of parenting/care given to then when they were young.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2014/06/neglect.aspx

dapip and song219 repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'm no psychiatrist (I only play one on the interwebs) but my sister is.

I don't pretend to diagnose or completely understand what is happening with the Tangerine wankmaggot or with any person, but when our dad was reaching 80 he started to be more unpolite and use bad language more often, and one of the things I learned through my sister was that the brain center that filters and accommodates your behavior to be more polite/civil, is one of the first parts to wane down if there are mental issues, hence one of the first signs of dementia is to spew more profanities than usual or refuse to "behave properly" more often.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/foul-language-and-dementia-97610

True, Trump has never needed that center much (and is probably underdeveloped), but it makes sense that with his age and with stress eating him, he might be suffering some sort of early dementia.

Sounders78 repped this.
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that all Presidents have black spots. Obama didn't launch an invasion that killed 500,000 people. Reagan didn't slaughter the whole population of Grenada. Dubya is different and it pisses me off he's lumped in with anyone other than LBJ and Nixon.

And yes it does help I lost a friend in Iraq.

11. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said with my response to nutter, Dubya should stand alone. Yes, Obama didn't do the right thing in Yemen. Nor did HW and Clinton stop Somalia or Rwanda. What Dubya did puts them all to shame.

Deadtigers repped this.
  12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am more personally invested since I know someone who was killed in Iraq. So take my posts with that grain of salt.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    "Not doing the right thing" and "actively doing the wrong thing" are different conditions, and Yemen counts as the latter. You could throw Libya in there, too, as well as okaying the "bank shot" in Syria.

HW and Clinton get special mention for screwing the Iraqi people for a decade, nearly themselves causing a famine and associated issues.

14. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Part of the reason Bush '41's reputation has been whitewashed is because people are consciously or unconsciously comparing him to the current President.
    If LBJ or Nixon had died during this Presidents term their reputations would have been improved even more than time has already done.

Deadtigers and American Brummie repped this.
  15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Presidents (and many cabinet members) can be called war criminals, except perhaps Carter.

You may be confusing the 2 Bushes, and I do believe this was under Regan.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What president slaughtered the whole population of a country?

I mean we may need to go back to the American-Indians "wars" to find a president that ordered the slaughter a whole nation.

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    You're overthinking this. Fred let him play in traffic on Hillside Ave.

18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    With ol' Rummie as the broker.

19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Pol Pot only managed, what, 10%? Or was it 25%?

ceezmad repped this.
  20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It was happening long before the current President. Although election results back then were in large part because of Iraq, I don't think the country has fully and genuinely taken time to reckon with what has happened "over there" or even the impact of what it has had here, "at home." That's just 17-year old background noise. Support the troops, blah, blah, blah. When weren't we at war?

21. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was closer to 25%.

ceezmad and Timon19 repped this.
  22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    21% to 24% per Wiki. I met a guy, about my age, who was a Cambodia survivor. That makes for an unworldly conversation.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been using my grandfather as a comparison for 45 as I got to see him descend into Alzheimer's and my grandmother into dementia, and many of the similarities in the symptoms are obvious. The biggest difference, though, is that 45's father had Alzheimer's and it is known to be genetic.

russ, Deadtigers and Sounders78 repped this.
  24. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    GHWB was very different from Trump in a lot of substantive ways that are to the former's credit.

But there's one aspect of his legacy where you can see a very clear similarity - the pardons and associated impunity for those were convicted or facing trial in the Iran-Contra scandal. If the current reports about William Barr being the possible choice for Attorney General are true, that precedent may get more attention, given that Barr was also AG when the Bush pardons were issued.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump has spent some time thinking about those Bush 41 pardons, or if they might have influenced his Attorney General preference. Trump is largely uninformed about or uninterested in many aspects of how the government actually operates, but he seems to have a specific interest in the pardon power (go figure!).

charlie15, Deadtigers and fatbastard repped this.
  25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So no need to go back in time and kill Fred Trump, just go back to Queens in the 1950s and call CPS?