The Trump Presidency Nein: Leistung, Korruption und Lugen

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I read about a paper put out by a New York doctor who wrote just that.
    Got got lots more work from the goys. If a doctor says it, it must be true.

Deadtigers repped this.
  2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. He is back to his lowest approval point at 36%. That is really bad. His meltdowns this week, particuarly yesterday, will not help either.

Deadtigers repped this.
  3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    What happened to the hot takes about how claiming to be Jesus was a great strategy to own the libs?

4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Side note. Donny Jnr wants in next.

Deadtigers repped this.
  5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Who in the White House will show him this? :)

Deadtigers, dapip and charlie15 repped this.
  6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The more I see Trump's approval ratings tumble, the more I see him pulling his version of the "October surprise" to reverse the trend. I have to buckle my seat belt; this going to be quite a nasty fight in the horizon.

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The amazing thing is that he will not go lower than that, or at least not much more. And on the opposite direction, we should expect a big portion (6-10%) to simply vote for him despite disapproving him, because reasons.

onefineesq repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #1958 song219, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    With his decline eventually Trump will need drugs to be propped up for public appearances. Unlike the fueher in this Star Trek episode he will need no convincing to be a Nazi.

dapip repped this.
  9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, there is evidence out there that STIs and UTIs are decreased by being circumcised. Not sure how much. But I've run into a few on various news websites.

sitruc and Deadtigers repped this.
  10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He still has room to go lower..... He was at 32% at some point a couple of weeks ago and I will not be shocked if he drops there again.

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an actual software developer, I could not disagree with you more strongly.

Sure, anyone can code, but 25 years of seeing other people's shitty, inefficient, unmaintainable code has taught me that yes, a good computer science curriculum will teach you many skills that will keep you from writing shitty, inefficient, unmaintainable code. And those skills are almost NEVER taught in your average coding bootcamp.

sitruc, Deadtigers, Funkfoot and 7 others repped this.
  12. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, that too.

Seriously, "computer programmers should not go to college" is seriously one of the dumbest, should-not-be-allowed-to-use-a-stove-alone takes I've read not only in this forum, but anywhere on the Internet.

Naturally, it came from the person who's most eager to swing his dick when it comes to his academic credentials in the least scientific "science" known to humankind.

sitruc, xtomx, Q*bert Jones III and 5 others repped this.
  13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not mention, that maybe, just maybe, the college experience should be more than simply learning a job.

Perhaps, it could help develop the computer programmer/software developer into a more well-rounded human being (which, of course, you are, sir!).

sitruc, Sounders78, ElNaranja and 6 others repped this.
  14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You joke, but for large state universities (like my undergrad alma mater) in large-ish states, it is a concern that the entire state be represented, not just in terms of ethnic and religious and racial diversity, but in terms of geographic diversity and urban vs. rural. The University of Texas at Austin would be a poorer university if its student body were more heavily weighted towards students from the Houston, D/FW, San Antonio, and Austin metro areas and didn't include as many students from the more sparsely-populated areas of the state, from West Texas, from the Panhandle, and from the Rio Grande Valley.

There are major cultural and academic differences between students who graduated from high schools whose graduating classes number in the thousands and those who graduated from high schools whose graduating classes numbered in double digits.

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, some people say that going to college can also morph you into an insufferable know-it-all, that lacks any sense of humor, nuance and empathy, and that if you do it for too long, you could develop a god/messiah complex. But we have to take or chances, don't we?

sitruc, xtomx, superdave and 1 other person repped this.
  16. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true, "diversity" means a lot of things. I went to college in the Boston area, for the first year at a smaller school in the suburbs before transferring to a large urban University. Most of the kids at my first school were from the local area and hadn't met someone from a place like where I came from. Granted, Mass. is a pretty small state, it takes only 2-1/2 hours to drive from Boston to the NY state line, and I was from a town so close to NY, we used to go there to drink when the legal age was still 18 but was 20 in Mass. When I'd say that I was I was from a town that was as far west as you could go and still be in the state, I would hear "oh, is that near [a town about 25 miles west of Boston]?"

17. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    When was that? In the 1970s? It takes 2 and 1/2 hours to get from Boston to the Connecticut state line on I-84 unless you're driving in the middle of the night!

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

sitruc, Deadtigers and luftmensch repped this.
  19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    White rural kids benefit from diversity programs, just as African-American and Hispanic kids do. The logic is similar in all three cases -- you can't compare the test scores straight up against those from elite urban/suburban high schools, because of course their scores will be lower, all things being remotely equal. Their preparation is much weaker. Those urban/surburban kids were born, bred, and raised to excel at standardized tests.

Not that many parents of those white rural kids support diversity-based admissions programs, if you ask them the question. But they are beneficiaries of such programs.

sitruc, Deadtigers and dapip repped this.
  20. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that some ladies prefer chopped-off knobs, so... you might've been limiting his dating (or at least hooking up) prospects.

21. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yup, in Virginia UVA (at least) has quotas for different counties. Plenty of resentment among suburban parents whose kids have great grades and can't get in. To be fair, their anger has been at the rising percentage of admissions going to out of state students so as to get the out of state tuition. And to be even more fair, the university does that because they aren't getting enough money from the state, because people also demand low taxes.

sitruc, Sounders78, Deadtigers and 2 others repped this.
  22. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda like some men prefer clean shaven women even though that's less healthy as well (because of the removal process).

I figure any woman who'd judge you because you're not snipped isn't worth your time anyway. And with circumcision becoming less common I think the number of those women will decrease over time as well.

Kryptonite and soccernutter repped this.
  23. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Texas, that was addressed by the "Top 10% law." Graduate in the top 10% of your high school class anywhere in the state, and you're automatically admitted to any state university. Since UT-Austin was overwhelmed by those students, the Lege went back and revised the law to allow universities to ratchet the number down, so it's a Top 7% law for UT-Austin.

This has led to a similar hue and cry from angry suburban parents whose kids have received a letter from UT-Austin that they have not been admitted, but they ARE admitted to UT-Dallas or UT-San Antonio or wherever.

24. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    This isn't Lake Wobegon, all kids can't be above average.

Deadtigers, soccernutter and song219 repped this.
  25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, to be fair, a lot of these parents went to UT-Austin back in the day when it was easier to get into. I graduated in 1989 and got in on academic credentials that would not have me anywhere near Austin today.