The top 8 - Libertadores discussion continued [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by EL MONO MARIO, May 27, 2005.

1. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    Re: The top 8

it's not a flawed statement...

he never even hinted that sao paulo, santos, and Paranaense are the best in brazil...

2. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil

But he meant to say that only Mexico doesnt have their current best teams in Libertadores. Which is flawed.

3. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

No, his statement wasn't flawed but his point was... that's if he was trying to make that point which i'm sure he was.

4. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    <<<Threads merged>>>

5. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004

how can you state what someone "meant" to say

im pretty sure if he wanted to say it, he would have

6. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004

the point was that mexican teams can't send their best representatives to the CL. That is a fact, since the champions are forced to play in the concacaf champions cup.

that is the point he was trying to make...

7. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

"These aren't even the best teams the MFL has to offer." taco naco

I take that is if he's saying that these teams aren't even the best from the mejicano league and they're in the top 8. So he was belittleling South American teams, and could also be taken as if the current best teams in the mejicano league were playing, they would've won the Libertadores. So everybody was countering by saying that mejico is not the only one, but also argentina and brazil are not playing with their BEST teams in the Libertadores. So his point was not valid and flawed.
    Anyways, Shackle, I don't understand your reason to try to make him sound like he said something else, but whatever your reason may be, I hope you're not really looking at it the way you think he is because it's obvious by his statement that he's belittleling South American teams and maybe even the whole tournament. Remember, mejico has invested millions of dollars in getting into our tournaments, yet mejicanos try to make it look like its no big deal, which in fact, this is their dreams come true.

Edit: ahhh you're mejicano, makes sense now. :)

8. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito

Stop your excuses mejicanito de ************.

9. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University

so you're saying Pumas would be doing better than Chivas and Tigres are??

10. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    The point that I was trying to make is that while everyone belittles the Mexican League and says that they can't compete with the leagues from South America, here are teams that the only one to win a title in the past 5 years was Pachuca, who is out.

You can't tout your superioridad sudaca by saying that the mexie teams suck. It's one of the problems with having to go to the CCC first, but that's how it goes.

I wish we could see the same teams that won the Mexican championship, but almost always they're completely different squads from when they excelled in the MFL.

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    HT: Santos 2 Atl. Paranaense 2

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT: Atl. Paranaense 3 Santos 2

Santos should take the second leg

13. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    I was there at the Arena da Baixada tonight and the crowd was unbelievable (as they always are at the right time). That's why Atlético Paranaense won. Santos have a good chance playing in front of their fans, but remember: Robinho and Léo will be with the Seleção in Germany. So maybe Atlético have a shot. ;)

14. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Tigres took a 4-0 spanking tonight.... I wonder what's going on the head of the mejicanos after this humiliating loss. It could've been 5-0 if it wasnt for the fact that the SP keeper missed a penalty.
    Well tigres is out... now its Boca's turn to spank some mejicano a$$.

15. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    where do you guys think Rogerio Ceni will end up in Europe? which club do you think will come down and swoop him for some cold cash?

16. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    goleada

humillado

destrozado

lo cogieron como hijo al Tigres de Mejico

17. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    he is a little old, but i see him like the new Chilavert ,he is scoring like crazy!

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    how old is he? he certainly dosen't look old at all....

19. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    32 years old, mi llave!

20. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    have you seen his head????

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    32! I thought he some facial problems like Tevez, never mind, he'll finish in Brazil, good golie none the less. I beleive he tied Chilaverts record tonight, he certainly beat Higuita for second place.

22. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    WOW what a goleada, i didn't think Tigres would win..but to lose that bad, never would have imagined it.
    Did Tigres play as horrible as is reflected by the score?

I wish i had the espn deportes :(
    OH well, thank you in advance for any replies :)

23. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I was following Sao Paulo last year and I'm pretty sure that he said that he doesn't care about playing for any other team.
    I also think that he's one of the best paid players in the brazilian league.

4-0 jajajajajajaja
    Even Tachira got a better score playing against Sao Paulo in El Morumbi last year.
    I don't want to imagine what the scored would have been if Tigres didn't have 10 players from SouthAmerica.

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If I was a professional player, I would do the same thing, I wouldn't try to club hop all over the place, I would rather stay at one club and play there for as long as possible, that is the essence of fútbol.

25. tiburon

tiburon New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL
    it was going to be a 5-0 + a hattrick for the goalie if he hadn't had missed the penalty!!!!!