The Threepeat Champions 2008/09 Thread - C'Mon the Hoops

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, May 28, 2008.

1. UncleMike

UncleMike New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    If they keep putting out performances like this past weekend's, not often.

It was bad enough... but to the enemy?!?

Come on, Celtic, win this thing!

2. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    those shorts are the best thing about celtic.;)

3. The Tartan Hoop

The Tartan Hoop New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    Nice result btw ;)

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears that Easter Road will be the ground that shapes the fortunes of the Old Firm this season.
    The bhoys travel there next and the Huns are at home on Sat. Thus the guys will know what the results were come Sunday's tilt at the Road of Easter.

5. camerondocherty

camerondocherty New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    nj
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i guess im the only one who quite likes these? and TBH when watching the match youll just see the white shirt and the dark green shorts which will look quite smart IMO :)

6. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    I've been working too much but I saw most of the match at Easter road. The shame might have a case on the ball that crossed the line from some camera angles but I thought Hibs really deserved the point. Mostly a sloppy match for both squads with possession thrown away by both teams often. The result makes 4 in a row very possible. C'Mon Hoops!

7. The Tartan Hoop

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    I Actually like the shorts too, the strip looks no too bad either actually, so yeah I'm getting it for when i play footie.

8. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It would seem that we are now officially in the running for James McCarthy.

Celtic have made an offer to Hamilton Accies for James McCarthy with the two clubs currently in talks over a close-season transfer.

McKay told the BBC: "It is a dream for a kid from Glasgow to play for Celtic or Rangers and, if Celtic can come close to the offers made by other clubs, they must be favourites as he would love to play for the club.

"His family will have a big say in where he eventually goes. Celtic know how much Premiership clubs are offering and I'm sure they would be prepared to pay what would be a lot of money for a teenager."

I think if we really want him chances are we would win the race to sign him and bring him to Celtic Park. As long as it wasn't a ridiculous fee, which I doubt it would be, I think he would be a good signing long term.

9. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think we may still have an outside chance of signing Marc Janko. Salzburg's prolific striker. We'd need to pony up around £5mill to get him but surely this is the kind of forward and player we need to improve the team and move forward rather than taking another lateral sidestep.

The player and his agent were courted by us in January and have had the full tour of the stadium and other facilities.

His agent is coming back to Scotland next week but I'd imagine he'll also be looking to garner interest from the EPL. Money talks but if we have a shot at him then I'd hope we'd go for it considering how ineffective our strikers have been this season, barring Skippy of course.

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cervi Finally Set to Complete Celtic Deal

11. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Good on him. Boruc's future will no doubt be a big talking point this summer, as per usual, and with Zaluska arriving in the summer it's bound to give the GK position a bit of a shake up. Maybe it was becoming too stagnant with no real challenge or new faces for Boruc so it can only be good for the club.

I hope he does well.

12. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Reports from SSN and other areas are stating that we have approached Birmingham City to open talks with Roy Aitken.

Surely as an assistant manager.

This then opens up two possibilities at either ends of the spectrum -

The Dark Side

Roy Aitken has teamed up with David O'Leary in the past. :eek: Please. Say it ain't so.

The Light

A Scottish assistant who knows 'the history'...

A perfect foil for a new foreign coach with an exceptional European pedigree...

I can dream can't I!!!

13. The Tartan Hoop

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    Roy Aitken and Bilic, please say it IS so!

14. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I doubt the media have a clue who it's going to be with so many names being banded around the place.

Although I would be more than happy with that pairing.

15. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Transfer rumours are off and running already...

The usual mince about Boruc leaving for Bayern...

The story regarding Twente being interested in Jan Venegoor of Hesselink may have more legs to it however -

According to a report in Dutch football weekly Voetbal International, Enschede outfit Twente are considering making a move for towering forward Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. The Dutch international currently plays for Scottish giants Celtic.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/net...ace-for-celtic-striker-vennegoor-of-hesselink

16. The Tartan Hoop

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    I don't think our board is smart enough for that, I think we should put our names forward Fraser, take Celtic to the glory days what do you think?

I'd be excited if that was a possible pairing, why not? Bilic is apparently hot european prospect of a manager and has said he WOULD like to manage over here. So why not go for it...

17. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I get the feeling from DD and PL that they would have been looking at replacements and making moves behind the scenes before GS announced his resignation. Bilic's agent has suggested he'd be interested in the position but I can't believe he's in the frame if he hasn't been approached already which seems to be the case.

I'd like to see a team of Ottmar Hitzfeld and Paul Lambert but no way that would happen. I'd also like to have Davie Moyes but he's just been announced as the manager of the year in the Premiership which is as close to a golden ticket as you can get.

There are plus points for Bilic. He's done a great job with Croatia and would have the inside track on many players from Croatia and other Eastern European countries. An area of the world that we should be focusing more on as the players are generally of a high technical quality and yet are far more reasonably priced. But it would still have a certain amount of risk attached to it as well. Would he be able to work within Celtic's budget requirements even if he was fishing in Eastern European waters for players?

18. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Burnley have released a statement saying that they have had no approach from Celtic regarding Owen Coyle and nor do they want one.

Coyle has apparently asked to be allowed to speak to Celtic to see what we have to offer.

No hiding the fact that he is a big Celtic fan but the lure of a crack at the Premiership is still there. Perhaps Wenger, who he has carved out a friendship with, has suggested it might be best for him to move to us and return to the Premiership later in his career with a team that has a far better chance of doing something in that league. Other rumours suggest his family want to come home to Scotland which could influence his decision further.

So he's definitely leading the way at the minute but it's football so you never can tell...

19. The Tartan Hoop

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    Been a while since I have had a split decision in what manager I want...

Bilic... Coyle...