The "Thoughts That Don't Require Their Own Thread" Thread XI

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't follow the Celtics too much, but I know they are doing pretty well. Leading their division, 2nd in the east overall. Is the frustration that they didn't make a trade for that one piece of the puzzle that would put them over the top and make them a serious championship contender?

Hmmm, I guess it does sound familiar...

2. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Mike Burns was the Celtics GM...

"We're taking a wait and see approach. We think we have a real good team that's right on the cusp. The NBA Championship is within reach with this group. In fact, all the roster spots are used so we are going above and beyond this year."

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except it's the NBA. So one player MIGHT get them to the NBA Finals, and that's a huge MIGHT. Because they'd still have to beat the best player in the NBA to get there, and then even if they did, they'd get smoked in the finals. The NBA really is about having one of the Top 5 players on your team otherwise you've really got no chance. Butler or George (the two most rumored) weren't going to get the Cs to that level.

Crooked repped this.
  4. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on what I heard the asking price was for Jimmy Butler or Paul George, I'm thrilled that they didn't pull the "big trigger" on a major trade. I trust Danny infinitely more than I trust "Don't forget to cover the Post, Burns." In the pantheon of Boston GM-ship right now, there's the Pat's by far and away number one, then the Celtics, then the Sox, the the B's and the Rev's (both at close to zero).

BTW, I think firing your coach during the Patriots parade is beneath even Mike Burns, so the B's may be last!

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw, the Bruins had to fire Clode, had to. Could the timing be better? I guess so, but they've gone 5-1 since then, so the results (so far) are speaking for themselves. Before, they'd beat a good team like Pittsburgh, and the next game lose to the Islanders, 4-0.

At least they have a decent shot at the playoffs this year. Remember at the start of the season, when everyone fromthe owner down to the equipment manager was saying how unacceptable it was to be out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, and everyone was accountable? Nice to see they actually will back that talk up.

6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention Julien is 1 and 2 so far in Montreal. How do you like that poutine?!

BrianLBI repped this.
  7. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding the Revs and Bruins. The front office of both teams have a lot of faith in their respective rosters. The Bruins have made a coaching change and that faith in the roster seems be have been validated (as much as possible over just 6 games).

Given the faith that the Revs FO has in the players I wonder if we will see a coaching change if the team under performs (whatever that means)? I do not think there will be a change because in the Bruins case Claude was not the choice of the current FO/GM and the Revs seem to be loyal to a fault.

What is the status of Jay's contract? How many years left?

8. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    835162615521374208 is not a valid tweet id

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread closed. Feel free to open a version XII.