The Terrorism thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by YankBastard, Jul 24, 2016.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burning refuge centers to intimidate refugees is a pursuit of political aims, wanting to start race riots is also a political aim. The idea to intimidate communities into following a racial hierarchy is also a political aim.

2. Dunno what you've been smoking, did you visit Amsterdam for the Bayern match yesterday, but it must have given a bad trip. You're hallucinating and in a state of delirium..not good...quickly go to the doctor.

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Either you're moving the goal posts or I'd like to see proof for the theory the perpetrator did intent to do all of this. But still, even if it was true, it's still relativising the magnitude of slaughterhouse thats been created here on these shores since 9/11

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Dutch v. Germans on terrorism. This is awesome!

giphy (1).gif

stanger repped this.
  5. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    They're pumped...relax Peetza...have a slice.

[​IMG]

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to end the slaughter we could collectively stop giving them reasons to recruit people to their cause.

It's harder to convince someone to do these horrific acts if they've got a livable job that secures them and their family, healthcare and a vague sense a drone wont blow them, or their loved ones, up for no reason.

Maybe it's just early and my lack of morning coffee has me talking crazy.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If you're referring to the killing of POCs by cops, probably not accurate, but the point is well-made regardless

8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Probably?? :eek:

Auriaprottu repped this.
  9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your standard way of discussing this complex is to distract from the initial talking point by insulting. It's not going to work this time. This is your birth child, the world you created:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So why do Asians or any other group of people dont need this additional assistance?

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    They did when Europeans were busy invading their country. Have a look at what Chinese militia did to European settlers during the Boxer Rebellion and tell me if that's happened ever since China became fully independent.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of people around the world that do not have the things that you list above, many of them fight for them and we get civil wars (think Africa), not many of them carry on with terrorism outside their borders.

But then this is an west elitist problem, as long as they kill each other in their home country we ignore it, but when they blow up a school bus in the Europe in search for everlasting paradise under their silly superstition then it is a "global" problem.

13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably means the "typical" weekend in Chicago poor neighborhoods.

Death by cop is a very small part of the gun deaths in the USA every year.

Something like 1,000 out of 16,000 or so. so about 6-10%

And

upload_2018-12-14_9-50-41.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Attached Files:

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To add to my post above (an older article from 2015).

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/upshot/police-killings-of-blacks-what-the-data-says.html

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3140 ceezmad, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Superstition/religion, like race, ethnic origin, language, nationality are tools that people can manipulate to motivate people to commit war/terrorism, ect.

But yes, if the world were to get rid of all superstition today, we would still have many tools available for people to use to get us to kill each other for their gain.

Superstition does give the extra comfort of the fantasy of happiness in the after life. Not that much different of the Boxing rebellion in China (maybe it was a different Chinese conflict) where people were convinced that if they took some drink with herbs they were immune to bullets. Well as we would expect, that did not work out very well for the rebels.

BTW, the economist chart can probably be explained by a change on what we define as terrorism.

Yugoslavia and Iraq (then Syria) were caused as you say the fall of the strong man that keept a lid on the ethnic/religious tensions in those countries, When Tito fell, the Croats/Catholics, Bosniaks/Muslims and Serbs/Orthodox started to kill each other (the Serbs get most of the blame IMO).

in Iraq with th removal of the dictator, the Shia and Sunni conflict was exploited to cause much of the killing that made the numbers of death by terrorism spike.

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ..is likely what he was referring to, since he used the word "Cop". They're not getting killed at the rate of the graph you displayed

17. To me the time line started with you insulting me about a terrorist attack I hadnot noticed and mentioned in any way yet.
    Keep up your track of lies you leave behind in your wake.

sitruc repped this.
  18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Poles still travel on horseback?

20. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Some do sometimes.

They even give the horses free rein sometimes, I bet.

21. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Pony....they still use pony. :)

Auriaprottu repped this.
  22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What happens to my personal racist inclinations if the graph doesnt stop in the year 2013?

24. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Then I'd encourage you to look up the most recent report with data through 2017 here:

https://www.europol.europa.eu/activ...sm-situation-and-trend-report-2018-tesat-2018

Jihadist terrorism is up. 33 incidents and 705 arrests in 2017.

But that still pales in comparison to the 137 Separatist/Ethno-Nationalist incidents...with only 30 arrests.

The latter still comprises 67% of total incidents btw.

ceezmad, Umar and sitruc repped this.
  25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the hell is a nationalist terror attack in this regard? Examples? If a nazi drove a lorry into a Turkish wedding killing 15 people youd know there would be some outcry about this 10 times as big.

Btw the body count of feyernoord has increased to 5