The Sweet 16 that Everyone Wants to See?

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by WWC_Movement, Oct 2, 2016.

1. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    The NCAA tournament is going to be a murderer's row of competition.
    I have already proclaimed that at least 35 teams could realistically get to the College Cup.
    That's how "volatile" this season is. Any of these teams are "inconsistent" from one week to the next.
    But inconsistency in that they may lose 2-3 in a row, but can also get hot and win 4 in a row, against anyone.

And if you get to the College Cup this year, you have a realistic shot to win the National Title.
    There are no dominant teams this year, at least none that are consistent.

Here are the perfect 16 teams to get to the Sweet 16, and the match-ups that everyone wants to see.

Region #1
    #1 Florida State vs. #4 Penn State (the title game that almost happened last year. Duke had other plans)
    #2 Florida vs. #3 UCONN (could be a bloodbath type of game)

*Florida and Florida State did not get a chance to play each other this year. Would only be fitting in Elite 8.

Region #2
    #1 West Virginia vs. #4 Clemson (very intriguing Sweet 16 game, yellow vs. orange)
    #2 Duke vs. #3 South Carolina (Duke's attack vs. South Carolina's insane defense)

*#1 West Virginia vs. #2 Duke would be an Elite 8 match to watch. Lots of future pro & internationals

Region #3
    #1 Stanford vs. #4 Cal (rivalry match, and could be one of those slug-fest games that goes to overtime)
    #2 UCLA vs. #3 Virginia (the rubber match of their 2013 & 2014 classics in the College Cup & Elite 8)

*This is the super region right here, with Stanford, UCLA, and Virginia in the same region

Region #4
    1.) #1 BYU vs. #4 Notre Dame (Mormons vs. Catholics)
    2.) #2 USC vs. #3 North Carolina (can UNC get revenge against Morgan Andrews and USC ???)

*UNC at BYU in the Elite 8, just like in 2012, would be another great match to watch on BYU's TV channel

But, wait a minute
    Teams like Arkansas, Minnesota, Princeton, Boston College, South Florida, or even South Alabama can spoil the party here, by advancing far in this tournament.

At least one team will probably make a "Cinderella" run to at least the Sweet 16.

2. Kurt Kline

Kurt Kline Member

Ajax
    United States
    Jun 26, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boston College? That's sort of an odd inclusion. Wouldn't NC State be more relevant to your hypothetical?

3. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Some REALLY fun match ups in here.
    One team I would hate to see her too far is Arkansas; saw their against Florida and they are UGLY. Maybe it's the purist in me wanting to enjoy elite level soccer played well but man Arkanas don't even play soccer.

Virginia is a no brainer for any soccer loving person to watch. Great team and so fun to watch when they are on.

Florida State- Penn State would have most people drooling.

Great pool of games!!

4. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Well, I'm sort of the "Don King" promoter of the women's game, and what the best match-ups would be. :D
    I'll create the hype, but the ladies have to deliver (which they will). :thumbsup:

Now, how can I get on that committee? :inlove:

Even the potential Elite 8 match-ups here are incredibly compelling.

So while we've got great soccer analysts on here who break down all the incredible stats and %'s.
    I'll provide the hype and the drama, and let's get these NCAA tournament brackets made.