The Summertime Transfer Thread.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BTV802, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Isn't a village a place of less than 10,000 people? I think Enschede has more than that!:eek:

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Which comparatively makes Amsterdam look like a village, right.

You´re taking the piss of course but it´s funny how all Twente footballers end up living in the picturesque villages in Twente, De Lutte being a clear favourite, but as an Ajax and Barcelona fan you should know about De Lutte, popular pre season summer training camp with both. The only players who end up living in the Enschede city centre are the single ones like Elia and Arnautovic, and the ones who generally like to cheat on wives and girlfriends like Mulder. And just for a bit of inside info, infamous serial cheaters like Theo Janssen never showed their face in Enschede either. They had a motel room, at the Van der Valk in Hengelo.

I should probably add allegedly to those comments. For legal purposes.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So that´s it then, Rijkaard won´t come.

I´m cracking up over you lot trying to slag off Enschede by the way. As if footballers choose to live in a city to start off with. I hear the metropolitan that is Badhoevedorp is really popular with Ajax players.

4. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Although that article is late, you should take what is posted on Goal.com with a pinch of salt.

Rijkaard prefers a job outside of Holland, the sole reason why he hasn't returned to Ajax yet (he was one of the candidates before Jol and when Jol left).

McClaren was never interested in a return and has already signed for Nottingham, while Adriaanse has left the Olympic team of Qatar months ago.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The Rijkaard rumour actually has some real legs to it, believe it or not. And McClaren believe it or not really is good friends still with the Twente chairman. So McClaren getting linked to Twente again wasn´t so strange.

Thing is that after Rutten, McClaren and Preud´homme leaving out of the front door for better jobs it can´t have escaped the coaches of this world that Twente isn´t exactly difficult to perform with, and that it is a step up to better paying jobs.

The need for some people here to put down Twente is pretty telling in itself if you ask me. It´s pretty funny.

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Nobody is putting Twente down, but Hitzfeld, Rijkaard and van Basten? Come on now, be realistic. Rijkaard and van Basten are getting linked with different clubs almost every day during the summer.

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Considering that Enschede is labelled a village I think it's quite fair to conclude that Twente is being put down but never mind that.

Rijkaard's agent has rubbished the Rijkaard to Villa rumours and said literally that there is a lot going on but that Villa was never part of it. You're not likely to believe me but I have it on pretty good authority that Rijkaard and Twente did talk.

And again I would not even be a happy unit if Rijkaard was appointed at Twente. The fire in his belly is similar to that of someone comatose as far as I'm concerned. I would much rather that Twente hired a no name coach with ambition.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Bruma to HSV for a two year loan spell.

That can't be bad for him.

9. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Great, we can finally see if he's overrated or if he's really that talented as people claim he is.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stekelenberg's agent indicated talks with Roma. Too bad as he deserves a much better club than that.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This will be a real good test as the Bundesliga is second only the Eredivisie in goals per game.

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    16-year old Feyenoord defender Karim Rekik is moving to Manchester City. The destroyers of talent strike again. Bye bye Rekik.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Seems like Hamburg is undergoing youth revelation.. did they get a new coach/management or something?

Old guards are heading the exit door, most notably Ruud Van Gol, Ze Roberto and Trachowski. In addition to Jeff Bruma, others coming in from Chelsea are English U21 Mancienne, Italian U19 Jacopo Sala, and Turkish U21 Gokhan Tore. There is also possibility that Niklas Bendtner ends up here also. Hopefully Elia is able to revitalize his form next season. Romeo Castelen, too (who just extended his contract)... :p

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I think they can go places with their new American owner. Stekelenburg is one of many reasons that his intention is to spend good.

Other clubs are probably put off by St. Maarten's age and some are shady enough to try and get him on a Bosman next season.

Twente are getting Koeman I've heard so JC's wish will be granted lol.

About Bruma joining HSV, although expected still great news. Bayern were in for him when LVG was there, but a loan deal to HSV fits better. Less pressure.

15. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If AS Roma is his only possibility, I'd stay put in Amsterdam if I were him. I don't really see the allure of the Seria A. Ugly deteriorating stadiums, boring football and he won't even be playing Champions League.

16. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Sigthorrsen to Ajax according to ESPN--they are haggling on a price--this kid is only 21--I cannot see him starting next year--so it is not a great move ---one more year at AZ makes more sense

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are you not aware that Ajax are playing without a striker right now? He would walk straight into the first eleven most likely. But this been going for about a month. Ajax are not willing to pay €5 million for a one year contract, probably half that is the limit. If you ask me, Ajax shouldn't even buy a single striker. Just spend 10-12 million to sign both Assaidi and Narsingh. That would be a bigger improvement if you ask me.

18. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mounir hasn't left. I mean, I'm just saying.

19. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Guzman is linked to Lazio Roma and Valencia. Many forget he's still only 23 years old ánd Dutch, can become a useful player for the Dutch NT in the future. I'm convinced he's the most talented attacking midfielder we've at this moment. Sneijder and Vd. Vaart won't last another 8 years, de Guzman might.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Frank Arnesen who was responsible for getting all the young talent to Chelsea is now the new TD at HSV, that's basicly the link.

I think Elia wants out, Liverpool a likely destination.

Feyenoord are messing up, it's a shame to witness. It seems that Ajax are attracting all the talent while at Varkenoord they leave. Feyenoordsoccerfan is understandably angry.

I think Jonathan will be a regular Oranje player after '12. But Wijnaldum, Siem and Fey are also on their way and I expect a lot from the likes of Buoy and Davy Klaassen when it comes to the next generation.

21. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada

True they have been haggling on the price for a while--but I'm sure Ajax has someone equally as good in mind and this is why they don't want to drop 5 mill.

the truth be told--he's not ready for prime time.

He had 15 goals for the season but he got 5 in a game (against Excelsior I believe)

He still misses a lot more than he should.

He still very much a work in progress but scorers are a very rare breed.

Ajax would have to do something with El-Hambone and his very large contract

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax are mostly linked with Sighthorsson and Matavz. But the later is €6M+. Like I said, we don't need a striker. Siem will do, if we get some quality wingers.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Scouten met het bord op schoot.

Sorry there´s really no way of saying that in English. Well maybe there is but it would have no relevance to the non Dutch.

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Looks like Sneijder rumors to Man Utd back in the fold again... especially with Chelsea reportedly made a bid for Modric. I, for one, would love to see Sneijder at M.U! I think SAF can make Sneijder to be an all-around midfielder, Scholes-esque.

Jon De Guzman is being followed by Atletico Madrid and Valencia. This can't be bad for him, his talent worth more than being in a relegated-fighting club.

25. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Maybe it's good for Sneijder with his ego to move to England. In Italy he's the man and good players are worshipped like gods. Not good for him as a person.
    In England he has to run as an idiot, he is more the player that stands still, gets the ball, turns and passes. The only time he runs, is when he's going into attack. I don't know if he is capable to run up and down the field like they play in England.
    But I think one thing counts for Sneijder, and that's how much more many he'll earn.
    I think his wife likes a move to England too, the attention whore. With all the filthy media there.

About De Guzman, mwah I don't know he could become a Valencia starter. Have my doubts. Good shot, but it takes more at that level.