The Summertime Transfer Thread Take 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Jun 17, 2011.

1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Still no official word on Ruiz/Fulham, reports are that he's still having doubts.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    VI reported that PSV has acquired left-back Jetro Willems from Sparta. I heard that this 17 y.o kid is super highly rated, and could be the next big thing. Inter reportedly were after him not too long ago. What do guys make of this?

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Superb player. Regular starter for Sparta at 16 year old. Best player of the U-17 EC winning squad.

4. I'm very happy he is staying here to learn more about how to play soccer the right way. I'm getting less and less worried about the next Orange team subbing this generation.

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lets hope he turns out to be BIG. the NT has been seriously lacking a good LB ever since van bronckhorst retired

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Drenthe is closing on a loan-deal to Everton. Van Aanholt is going to Wigan, also on a loan. The good news keep pouring for Oranje left-back options... :)

7. chillum

chillum Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Glasgow
    According to the BBC Football Transfer List:

Can't find any accompanying story with it on the BBC site but found this on Sky Sports:

Guidetti heads to Feyenoord

Wonder if he'll get an interesting reception when they play at Enschede... ;)

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord confirms. I just hope he bags a couple of goals in the grolsh veste. ;)

9. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kid got style too. :D

[​IMG]

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
  12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    For me the big surprise was Paris Saint-Germain. What the hell are they up to and since when is Pastore worth 43.000.000 Euro? Really? And Suarez and Ruiz are just worth half of it? Hmmm. Hilarious.

13. VHZD

VHZD Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Győr, Hungary
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    They got a gatari sugar daddy.

14. I rather had them drop the oil price:D

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Aaaaahh, missed this. Oke. That explains it.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, this is the new model for Euro football supremacy. I think it's going to be quite unusual to see clubs without deep pockets ever winning a CL crown in the near future.

17. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So far no oil money team has won a big league like the Champions League. Chelsea has been trying for almost a decade. They can't even win the Premier League on a constant basis. Money does not equal success.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I should have clarified what I said. It's either petro-money, some other sugar-daddy (USA owners of English teams that have deep pockets) or large deficit financing (Barca and Madrid) that can afford the best players.

If you look at the post-Bosman era maybe starting with the Ajax win in 1995, here is the breakdown of the finalists by country:

ESP - 8 finalists; 6 champions (Barca - 3; Madrid - 3)
    ITL - 9 finalists; 4 champions (Milan - 2; Inter - 1; Juventus - 1)
    ENG - 8 finalists; 3 champions (ManU -2; Liverpool - 1)
    GER - 5 finalists; 2 champions (Dortmund - 1; Bayern - 1)
    NED - 2 finalists; 1 champion (Ajax)
    POR - 1 finalist; 1 champion (Porto)
    FRA - 1 finalists

I'm always hesitant to make predictions so early in the season but I suspect the final two this year will come from the following four teams: Barca, Madrid, ManU, ManCity. None of the other teams have quite the depth and talent needed to make it to the top though Bayern may get close.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Money doesn't equal success but there's definitely a correlation. Chelsea would have never won the league again without Abramovic. Since him they've won it 3 times. They've reached the CL final, in which they outplayed Man U but got unlucky.