The Summertime Transfer Thread Take 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Jun 17, 2011.

1. dreamingoranje

dreamingoranje New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    AZ
    also... Heerenveen are rumoured to be signing Brann's Zsolt Korcsmar. Fee is rumoured to be around €2.5m

2. dreamingoranje

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    AZ
    Rodney Sneijder on loan to Utrecht for the season is now done

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like AZ succeeded in getting Romero off the books as he heads out to Sampdoria in Serie A.

4. dreamingoranje

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    AZ
    Vitesse have reached an agreement with Schalke about the transfer of Annan. One-year loan with option to buy. Yet to agree personal terms

5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Serie B.:p

6. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    good place for Romero

7. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Is it my imagination or are things a lot quieter this year on the transfer market?

Perhaps there will be more action in the next week but so far in both big and smaller teams

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The nearer the transfer deadline the crazier it get's usually. And with Fabragas, Nasri, Eto'o, Alexis Sanchez, Aguero, Coentrao, Pastore there have been some huge transactions already.

And that's not even talking about all those insanely overpriced transfers of British players.

9. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Knowing Raiola it's probably an Italian club, but since his ties with Jol are pretty strong it could very well be Fulham. :p

11. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So Elia to Juventus? Anyone else a fan of this move? I'm not. Juve/Serie A is a tougher place than HSV/Bundesliga.

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Another poor choice from Elia. There are like 30 people world wide that watch Juve matches.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    HSV seem to be in all sort of disarrays, so yes, anything but there is a good move. Juve on surface is not giving Elia a step-up. But there's plenty of excitement there.. new stadium, new coach, and some new exciting players (Vucinic, Pirlo, and Vidal). I think they are a legit title contender, and Elia could be the last missing piece to make it happen.

14. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    What about his exposure for Oranje??

I'm thinking either Germany or England would have been better choices

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Sneijder and Van Bommel (and Urby to a lesser extent) get picked out on regular basis. So I don't think exposure is an issue. Too bad Juve are missing out European League.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hmmmm, I'm one of them so that leaves 29 left.:D Started watching their matches years ago when Edgar Davids was there also am a big fan of Buffon. I thought the main players such as Del Piero, Nedved, and Buffon showed a lot of commitment by sticking with the club when they got relegated following the match fixing scandal (though Ibra left immediately as did Cannavaro).

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yea, no one watches Juve that's why they are among the top teams with regard to broadcasting revenue. :rolleyes: See here
    --

Anyway, I came on here to ask everyone's opinion of Elia since you guys would know best. I know he was "the next big thing" a year or so ago but I've heard from HSV fans that his form has dipped and such. Can anyone provide a good assessment of his skills/characteristics as well as his outlook for the future?

18. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Juve has great TV ratings but nobody in Turin seems to like Juve because the stadium isn't filled that often. I mean, that was the case a few years ago. Isn't that still true?

I just posted something in your forum about Elia. Loads of talent. He's fun to watch. Technically gifted. Quick. Johan Neeskens on this forum can tell you more since he's a former Twente player. That's the upside. I think he's mentally fragile. If he's guided/coached correctly, he can be great. I think the only coach that has put full trust and the most potential out of him has been Bert Van Marwijk, the Dutch NT coach. He got injured with HSV and after that it's been a lost cause despite having shown flashes of brilliance with the Dutch NT.

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, we've been playing in Torino FC's stadium the past few years while our old stadium was leveled and the new stadium construction began in its place. But, yea, you also have to remember that Juve actually has a greater following in central and southern Italy than its own hometown! You will often find that Juve draws a larger following in away matches than in home matches, largely because of its strong support from supporters in central and southern Italy. But, the new stadium will be smaller and more intimate, with a 41,000 capacity. A few weeks ago, it was reported Juve already sold over 24,000 season tickets. So, things should be changing for the better.

Thanks for the info. I really hope he works out for the best. He seems like he could become a special player with some consistency and a good coach and environment.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well everybody's been rubbish at HSV for quite a while and Elia has been on the bench a lot there over the past 12 months so I don't think you can judge him on last season. He's kept on performing for Holland even when he was on the bench at HSV.

Elia is a great player. Wonderful technical skill and dribbling, extremely quick, works hard, is not selfish. He needs some work off the pitch though, I reckon he needs to feel loved and respected and happy in his environment in general to perform. If Juve have a manager and coaching team with good man management skills I'm sure he'll do fine. A local girlfriend also works wonders hehehe

21. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    has the ruiz to fulham for 15m news hit to holland yet? its on the radio here that theyre on final round of negotiations with a fee agreed... but ofcourse.. i dont believe it till hes there in the shirt.

22. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also forgot to add, the latest news here is that Elia wont move to Juve, as he thinks its not right for him.. but again, its transfer deadline lies day today and tomorrow.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Yes it has. I'm sure Twente can cope but I feel sorry for Ruiz if he ends up at Fulham. Awful side where he has no way to make the most of his talent. He deserves to move to a better club, but that's not Fulham.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bad teams in England make so much money off the TV revenues that they have a boot up on other leagues. Really too bad as players go where the money is. Only decent player for Fulham is the US international, Clint Dempsey, a rock as an attacking midfielder. If this move happens Ruiz and Dempsey would pair up well.

25. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can agree with that i guess. He probably should go to a better club, but fulham are certainly a step up from Twente, if he does well there then who knows where he could end up.