The summer transfer flop list

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://www.maxifoot.fr/articles/8683/index.htm

1. Eidur Gudjohnsen
    2. Fernando Morientes
    3. Lucho Gonzalez
    4. Bafe Gomis
    5. Stephane Mbia
    6. Ismael Bangoura
    7. Boubacar Sanogo
    8. Michel Bastos
    9. Matthieu Valverde
    10. Junichi Inamoto
    11. Gelson Fernandes
    12. Guirane N'Daw
    13. Jody Viviani
    14. Daisuke Matsui
    15. Ivan Stevanovic

2. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mmh. Eiður and Nando are undoubtbly in the "rape my childhood" category (though I already knew Morientes was finished. I never expected more from him than from Kluivert in Lille).

But players like Lucho, Bafé, Mbia, Bastos, are only flops for now. Remember "Bakaniang" or "Niangayoko". He surely wasn't worth of the 7M Marseille had paid to Strasbourg. After 6 months. But after 2 years, 3 years, 4 years ? He's now the major piece of the team. The same could happen to the 4 aformentioned players. Too soon to bury them !

Sanogo, Gelson are NOT flops. Just Perrin is.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I read that Rennes are trying to dump Bangoura. I hope its not true. To dump a guy 6 months after you bought him seems wrong especially if you paid 11m which is not cheap for a French team.

4. TiltoKolapsas

TiltoKolapsas New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Bangoura was going to be a huge star in France, based on his performance with Dynamo Kiev. He seemed to be a huge guy and dominant for them...but apparently he's only 5'8". Maybe it is not so hard to dominate the Ukrainian league.

Rennes
    4th place 2007
    6th place 2008
    7th place 2009
    9th place right now

5. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We know Bangoura. He was doing well with Le Mans. He's a good player but Rennes squad seems to not have always the motivation to go as far as possible. Nobody cares about Rennes...

Plus, he's not that bad. Transfermarkt points his stats are 5 goals, 4 assists in 24 matchs - 17 of them as a starter. That's decent and I think he plays on a side of the field.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lucho needs to be taken off the list. He's played very well since the new year started. Bangoura and Gyan will be a lethal duo next year after Briand is out of the way.

7. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm just wondering why is this transfer is the best or the worst players? :D