The Summer 2019 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 27, 2019.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What a goal from Dybala, real nice

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala misses a penalty

4. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Saw the highlight goal on twitter but missed the game. Did Ronaldo get subbed in at all or was he rested?

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ronaldo has been out with a strain for the past week, he should be good to go soon.

6. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo is going to get rested, no point playing him at his age on a friendly.

We need him healthy for CL.

Rabiot had a pretty good game.

Costa is a freak of nature, his speed and playmaking ability is 2nd to none, here hoping he stays healthy and keeps his head in the right place.

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If we can keep him fit, Aaron really is a good pick-up.

juventino13 repped this.
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

look at this beaut

gumbacicc, Afghan-Juventus and scirea6 repped this.
  9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Gorgeous. I could watch this over and over again. Too bad it was only Triestina.

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yea, but its a good confidence booster for him after this crazy summer hes had

Afghan-Juventus and scirea6 repped this.
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's so frustrating.

There is talent there; possibly a great deal of seriously untapped talent. But when he's had the opportunities to show it when it has counted most, he's been a disappointment. Maybe Allegri was simply the wrong manager to get it out of him. Maybe Sarri will play him in his best position (assuming he finds out what that is).

Or maybe he's the Argentine version of Diego. A world class player in a very specific position who requires a very specific team to be built around him just to get the best out of him. And in today's football, those teams do not win the CL, unless they have world class talent in just about every surrounding position, which we do not have.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If Rabiot can start hitting the net with his shot, and he can cause he has done so before, he is going to be an excellent pick up.

Dude is much bigger than I thought and he covers a lot of ground.

If Costa could shot straight he would be a world class player.

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So only one goal against Triestina in our last warm up? But we are playing beautiful soccer though!

OldLady repped this.
  14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'd argue that it's a consistency issue. He came up big against Barcelona in the knockout stages years back. He was also critical in the Tottenham fixtures a couple years ago. I don't get the sense that he's overawed the occasion. We still don't know if he'll be a Juve player much longer but if he is, I'm hopeful that maybe he establishes himself as a world class player under a new manager. We know that Allegri wasn't his biggest fan--maybe Sarri will be higher on him.

All that being said, he has a pretty good rate of return for us having scored 57 goals in 128 appearances. That's really not that bad. I think the frustration there is that it was hoped his returns would be closer to Ronaldo/Messi numbers when we purchased him as the next great thing.