The Summer 2019 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 27, 2019.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We definitely need another striker

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala should have scored

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve have had 26 attempts on goal with 5 on target, and scored one...

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm on the Icardi boat, bring him in

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve didn’t play bad, I’d say they were the better team overall, they just needed better luck and finishing. 2 off the post could have changed the game.

juveeer repped this.
  6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I so happy we hired Maurizio Sarri. :rolleyes:

This season is going to be comical, and not in a good way.

7. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Agreed with flop de Ligt, once again hes just not ready to start for this team.

I'd like to see more of Demiral tbh, dare I say i think hes better...

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  9. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Too bad Rugani wasn't in to stop Joao Felix from scoring.

@Falc

Falc, juveeer and Midfield General repped this.
  10. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You guys just got beat by a kid who will probably be a WPOTY at some point trying to prove his worth. The result would possibly be different if you tried. Flop de ligt should have the same mind state as Felix coming into the preseason as hes proven nothing very worrying.

thinredline10 repped this.
  11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I was over the moon when we were linked with Demiral. From a pure defensive standpoint he has higher potential than De Ligt in my opinion. He's Chiello's successor and I seriously see him taking a starting place as the season progresses.

juventino13 repped this.
  12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    De ligt & Higuain were a big reason why Juve couldn't make that strong first half count. At CB, Juve are covered so I'm big too worried about De ligt.

The biggest weakness is who to start at the #9. Higuain isn't a starter anymore. Mandzukic fits the best and was excellent with Ronaldo, but he can't be relied on health wise. Dybala is a risky bet. Beyond that, Ronaldo and Costa should be great with Sarri. Bernardeschi is a great wild card to have.

The midfield looked very good. Khedira scored and should have had an assist. Rabiot played well. He was unlucky to hit the post. Pjanic kept it moving quickly. Ramsey will add a lot with his energy and forward runs.

juveeer repped this.
  13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    As for the right side, Costa, Bernardeschi, or even Cuadrado will be enough going forward. De Sciglio just needs to be solid defensively. He wasn't today on the 1st goal. It's a weakness along with CF. Sandro isn't spectacular going forward anymore but he rarely loses his 1v1 battles. I'm not worried about him too much.

This team is calling for three at the back. Drop De Sciglio and play any of the 5 solid CBs. Even Emre Can can play this role. It should give Costa, Bernardeschi, and Cuadrado less defensive responsibility at the back and allows them to attack with freedom.

juveeer repped this.
  14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Never gonna happen.

MdS is not good enough to be on this team and I think Danilo will start over him anyway (not that he's any better)

15. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It's definitely a weak spot. For most teams that position is a problem. There just aren't that many great defensive RBs that can at least contribute a bit in the attack. I'm not even sure who Juve should target for a starting RB even if they were in the market for one. Trippier is looking better now!

I'm not saying that Sarri will play 3 CBs just that this team seems set up perfectly for that.

juveeer repped this.
  16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree, I said as much a while back, 3 at the back should be a good alternative for the team, but Sarri won't go for it unfortunately. Maybe if hes forced into it, but I wouldn't want that to be a reason why

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    One thing I was HOPING would improve under a new manager was our scoring ratio on set plays.

We haver to be the most wasteful team in futbol when it comes to converting corners.

Plus it is hard to see how a team with Ronaldo, Dybala, Berna and the Bosnian, all wonderful free kick takers, scored so few free kicks last season. Pjanic alone must have scored more in the previous season than our whole squad did last year.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    With our dearth of FBs you are going to see more of that.

he played some RB/WB at Fiorentina so it is not necessarily beyond his abilities. He is prolly a better overall package there than MdS!

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We can't hit the target. Same as last year.

And we are trying to sell one of the few players who can hit the target.

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bring in Icardi, I can't see how we don't at this point, its needed

21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa is a punk, always acting up. I just don’t understand that guy trying to pick up a fight every time he is on the field.

With that said there are very promising things I see on this team, Costa has been great, Demiral is a solid guy who we lucked out on.
    Rabiot finally playing well.
    But our midfield has been shit, I just don’t see it flowing well, I hope when Ramsey plays that we get better.

22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    moise kean can

23. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005

Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain as #9
    Ronaldo, Costa, Bernardeschi Cuadrado on the wings

Six attackers should be enough. Can Juve accommodate Icardi without selling two of Higuain, Mandzukic, or Dybala?

A #9 is definitely needed but then where would Dybala play? Maybe Dybala and one of Higuain/Mandzukic is enough.

24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Counting on Higuain and Mandzukic would be a mistake. While Mandzu can be of use sporadically Higuain looks past it, he cannot be counted on at this level in my opinion. Mandzu is probably on his way out, Higuain apparently is not. I expect Dybala to sold by the end of the window, I think its inevitable.

Today's match showed we need something else up front and I doubt there's anyone as good as Icardi available at this point. Don't like the guy but he can definitely be of use to this team