Alert: The Strikers are back! Season tickets now available.

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by chichi, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch the FSN program from the NSCAA convention yesterday? Had an interview with everyone from Garber to the 1st round draft pick from the MLS draft to the commish of WPS and on and on. They also had an interview with a rep (commish? president?) from USL. No one and no mention of NASL. What's up? Why not? Does anyone know?

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I watched some of it. I saw Garber's interview as well as Holt's from USL. Didn't see all two hours, but there was nothing I noticed regarding NASL. Even when Holt was on and D2 was brought up, none of them referenced NASL by name.

It might be as simple as this was FSC's show, and they don't have any sort of coverage of or agreement with NASL. They have history with USL, WPS, and MLS of course, so maybe that's why they scheduled guests from those leagues. I think it was a prime opportunity for NASL to get some airtime for itself, and I'm pretty sure they had representatives at the whole thing. Maybe FSC just didn't invite them on. I would certainly hope that even if they don't actually broadcast games, FSC would at least cover results for NASL. I mean, if you're going to cover D1 and D3, why would you completely ignore D2?

3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    because D3 pays you for that?

4. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I keep hearing rumors that USL is going to pay FSC to do some sort of coverage. Good for them if they do. I hope NASL can use this PMI marketing firm to improve their marketing for each team and thereby increase their attendance. I think that would be a good first year goal for each team. They league needs to get more stable with more investors before they're going to be able to think about paying to have games broadcast though.

Anyway, that wasn't my point. Even if FSC doesn't broadcast NASL games, what would keep them from at least reporting scores and standings in a USSF sanctioned D2 American league? I mean, either you're the leading outlet for soccer in this country or you're not.

5. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I saw a flyer for season tickets at the concession stand at Pine Island Park today while I was refereeing playoff games. Hundreds of people from all around South Florida were there this weekend. Im sure some will buy

Anyone know the number of season tickets we have sold?

6. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More than ever before I heard from the head of ticket sales, and that was in early January.

That's great about the flyer at Pine Island. Hope to see MUCH bigger crowds this year at Lockhart.

7. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    My dad actually asked me, Im not sure if jokingly or not, if I wanted to buy season tickets. We'll be going to a few games for sure, and this will be the first time that I attend a pro soccer match since I've been living in the US for 8 years.

I think sales will pickup closer to the season and also after the name/uniform announcement. They should also sell them at ticketmaster, not just the weird system they used to have

8. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you're thinking about season tickets, February is the time. They've continued the $99 special through the rest of the month. For 14 regular season home games and one TBA friendly, it comes out to $6.60/game. Don't see how you can beat that price for some casual pro sports entertainment on Saturday nights. (Only one home game is not on a Saturday night.)

9. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I just purchased my 3 tickets for Opening Night in Section 120 Row 4. They told me that the Supporters had just been moved to behind the goal, which is great to hear. Maybe I'll go and join you guys for another game, but for this one, Im going with the family, so staying in the normal people area.:D

Hopefully you guys can start bringing flares, etc. now that your away from the humans.

The ticket rep, Graham seemed really nice and enthusiastic, and ready to promote every opportunity he gets. I also let him know about a glitch in the website that wouldn't allow me to purchase adult and youth tickets in the same order.

This will be my first ever soccer game since I moved to the US 8 years ago since I never went to a Miami FC game. The rebranding is really working

1 person likes this.
  10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Buena suerte Charrua

11. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope you all have a good time at the game. Also hope to see you over in the new supporters section in 113 as well this season!

12. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Of course. I'll be there either for the 2nd game and/or for the game against Tampa

13. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did they move you guys because they're needing all of 120 for season ticket holders?!? Man that would be excellent news! It looked like from the last time I glanced at the ticket slaes seating chart that they had already opened more sections behind both goals. I was hoping they would wind up with the "problem" of needing to open more sections! Go Strikers!!!

14. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sort of. The logic is that they don't want to confine us and put a cap on the growth of the supporters section by surrounding us with other season ticket holders. They've already sold out sections 121 and 122.

I'm sure it also has something to do from separating the supporters from the "family" crowd, which is understandable.

15. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Makes sense, and also seems to indicate they're selling more season tickets than even they expected. Have you heard any updated numbers recently?

16. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    So will they change my tickets to 113 from 120 even though they're individual tickets and not season tickets? I'll ask my dad if he wants to, but I wanted to know ahead of time

17. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season tickets yes, not the individual ones. If you ask them I'm sure they'll switch them out for you, but if you want to stay in 120 for that game I wouldn't worry about it.

18. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    But the thing is that I think we would have a better time in 113. For me, soccer is about the passion outside the field, not so much the game inside of it

19. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Speaking of tickets, has anyone heard anymore about when we'll get ours? Way back when I got mine in January, someone mentioned possibly being able to pick them up at the jersey unveiling (something else I've heard nothing more about). But so much has gone on since then, I'm not sure if that is what will happen. Anyone? And another question if anyone knows. I see sections 121 and 122 are sold out. (I made my contribution to 122 with my 5 season seats!) How many seats are there in each section? I wish the club would just be open about the ticket sales numbers. They've done so wonderfully from what whispers we've heard, why hide it?

20. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That first week of April, right before the game, is when I heard the tickets will be delivered.

In that case give them a call, I don't think they'd have a problem swapping out the tickets.

21. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    So my dad's boss will be purchasing tickets for the company and its employees and famileis. Its not a big company, but its around 10 employees, which helps. Doubt they would want to go to 113 though. Next time I guess!

22. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's totally awesome! The more people that get introduced to the Strikers and the game day experience, the bigger this fanbase will grow! And you don't have to sit int he supporters section to have fun and be loyal fans too!