Alert: The Strikers are back! Season tickets now available.

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by chichi, Nov 30, 2010.

1. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to call Tommy to get the $99 special I think.

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually did contact him the same day I made that post. Got my season tickets for the $99 special price! That's just pennies over $7/game which you can't beat! I think someone else posted around here somewhere they were going to put the special back on at some point here soon, so anyone who is on the fence about it should definitely keep an eye out!

I also asked Tommy about the availability of merchandise, and he said they anticipated sometime in January on that. I assume that means they are about done wrapping up the name, crest, and kit details for the rebrand. Getting very anxious to see the results!!!

3. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great to hear they have begun their marketing process. Hopefully every youth soccer organization in all three counties got the same contact from the team. Were they offering the same $99 special they were earlier in the month?

Hopefully next we'll start seeing some billboards going up along 95, and then next year, closer to the start of the season, I'd love to hear some radio ads on the sports talk stations.

4. freaknik

freaknik New Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Lauderdale Lakes
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ive tried with Miami FC... It doesnt work to well anymore. Then again, Im public enemy #1 to security. Im the only Ultra ejected from the stadium last season.

5. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey, question to anyone else out there who already purchased Strikers season tickets. Was glancing at the seating chart again last night, and couldn't help noticing the logo they have on the center of the field. The print is very small, but it appears to say Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. Did anyone else notice this logo? Has anyone seen it before? Could it be a slip up and we're getting a peek at something that is to come? Or am I just overly anxious at this point to see some announcements made? LOL

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Go fort lauderdale strikers !

7. fusionmansteve

fusionmansteve New Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Waiting in Lockhart parking lot.....
    Club:
    Miami FC
    I though it said "South Florida Strikers" when I purchased my tix. Hope I'm wrong on that.

Hopefully, we'll see the launch of the new Ft. Lauderdale Strikers website Saturday (New Year, new branding, new website?). The delay might lie in the team wishing to 'delay the buzz' in order to maintain the buzz through Opening Day. If so, this at least shows some critical thinking in terms of marketing and the importance of timing.

Signed,

Soon-to-be Strikermansteve

8. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok, I can't believe I'm going to this "fanboy" level (and I sure as shite hope Kenn T. isn't lurking around to see it LMAO) but here goes. The individual letters are not at all clear on the one I got. But, you can make out on the top of the 'S' two words, one with four letters (Fort) and one with ten letters (Lauderdale). The bottom seems slightly easier to figure out and I'm pretty sure it says Strikers (8 letters for sure).

So anyway, now that I'm a total Strikers geek LOL, I just hope even more that it does turn out to be Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, that way I'll still be a fanboy geek, but at least I'd be right! LOL

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of days before 2011 and this is the first I'm hearing of it......

Congrats to the club, its Ultras and PMI for making the leap.

Jerseys? polos? crest? anything lol?.............

Will make it a point to get out to a pack of games this year-and bring my boys to get em' hooked.

Yes to the Strikers @ Lockhart!

Now; about those hoops (;))..............

10. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff! Stay tuned on the logo, jerseys, etc. Nobody knows much at this point but we know there will be hoops!

11. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want to hold you up as an example on a couple of points LuckyStriker, hope you don't mind! ;)

First, your location, if still accurate, is for those who may not be too familiar with South Florida is, I'd say is what, probably 35 minutes from Lockhart as a straight shot down 95? I think there is a very good potential fanbase to market to in Palm Beach for the Strikers, even more so than Dade. A lot of people who once lived in Broward, have over time moved north into Palm Beach. Plus, it really isn't a hassle at all to drive from even as far away as West Palm to get to Lockhart. There's no downtown Miami seedy areas or traffic issues to get hung up in.

Second, the fact that you are just now hearing about this. I've been yelling it from the rooftops since I stumbled upon Miami FC and wondered why on earth our attendance was so putrid. Marketing. You have got to reach out to the communities. Some of us are already onboard with the team. But there is A LOT of untapped potential people out there, just like LuckyStriker, who just need to be reached with the message of your product, and they'd be willing to come give it a try.

This idea will appeal to soccer fans, and sports fans in general I think. Now, when you add in the Strikers brand on top of it, you're going to expand your potential customer base even further. You then have the potential, given a good product on the field, for more loyalty to a brand that has tradition in this area - ie. people come back, and hopefully bring others with them. This is building, or in this case rebuilding, a fanbase with the best possible tools you have at your disposal.

Tommy in the Strikers office told me they hoped to have merchandise available sometime next month, so hopefully our wait on the whole picture coming together won't be much longer!

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

See......this is all true.
    Used to live in Broward, happier up here. Drive further south than that just to work everyday. From my job, Lockhart is a breeze.

Wouldn't be able to attend if games in Miami. Have you seen the price of gas recently?

Have checked this board from time to time for any news. Thought the rebrand was a hoax for the longest.

If they want people who remember and still live anywhere close.....radio/TV /net/ paper//////something!

You can't do this simply by word of mouth.

I'm shocked this is "supposedly" happening and there's been so little done in terms of advance marketing.

This is for 2011, right?:confused:

13. virginfootball

virginfootball New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Finn Harps
    "The Strikers announced today that it will be hosting its sixth annual open tryouts for aspiring soccer players over a two-day span from January 22th to the 23rd at Fort Lauderdale Stadium, home of South Florida¹s only men’s professional soccer team".
    SOUTH FLORIDA"S only pro team, a short lived statement that will soon need correcting! Strikers, bikers or blues ....whatever...futbol is coming fans and you want to come see it. if you want to watch someone get their head shaved sit in front of a barber's window!

14. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not even sure what to say about that mess...except maybe lay off the crack chief.........:confused:

15. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those suppporters groups need to burn in hell. Don't these transplants know that it is OK to root for the local team.

Soccer fans typically root for a few teams. :cool:

16. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The team has the $99 season ticket special back up on the website. Comes out to just a few pennies over $7/game which is a great deal for sports entertainment these days. Hope anyone who missed out on the deal back at Christmas time will jump at it now. Would love to see a great atmosphere at Lockhart this season. It's getting to be about time that the club should be finalizing the rebrand and getting marketing underway for this season!

17. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it is time. And, all should know that ticket sales and attendance for the D2 Strikers are our path back to MLS....:eek:

Let's do it!....:D

18. DKDynamite

DKDynamite New Member

May 16, 2010
    N of WPB
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    SF3's are excited about the FT LAUDERDALE STRIKERS up here in West Palm Beach.
    Unfortunately, we will not be buying season tickets this year. The World Cup in South Africa wiped out our football ticket budget for most of this year. We would need season tickets for atleast 10 of us.
    However we do plan on coming to as many of the home games as we can, and watching on the big screen at our local watering hole!

GO FT LAUDERDALE STRIKERS!

19. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Strikers will need the support of each and every local they can get, especially in Broward and up your way in Palm Beach. Don't know if you knew or not, but the team currently has a $99 season ticket special up on their website. Believe me, in these economic times, I can perfectly understand the need to be cautious about spending on entertainment. Without the $99 special I would not have been able to afford my four season seats. But definitely come out to any games you can, even if it's just one (I'd pick Tampa if that were the case!) cause we are really hoping Traffic does the advertising right this year and we can expect a great, great atmosphere at Lockhart! Go Strikers!!!!

20. DKDynamite

DKDynamite New Member

May 16, 2010
    N of WPB
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    We will be out for as many as we can.
    Hopefully Ft Lauderdale Strikers rebranding will attract more fans than Miami FC.
    Even though Ft Lauderdale Strikers isn't as sexy and "international" as MIAMI FC, Strikers have a huge history in South Florida.
    The fútbol, football, soccer culture is already in South Florida, its a "turn key" fan base. Just F'ing get them excited and make them aware!
    Anyway, another discussion for another place and time.

21. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Excellent! Make it out as often as possible and when you can't help spread the love for the Strikers into West Palm!

22. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who will we find to do the same to the south? The Southern Legion? Maybe as a starting point, but who do we see from there?

It is time for all of us to find those little pockets & groups of fans & try to get them on the bandwagon. The questions are: who are they, where are they & do they want to hear what we have to say?

Any ideas?...:)

23. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do have some ideas, one major idea I'm pushing is the formation of an umbrella supporters organization called "South Florida United" that works like the ECS in Seattle or Section 8 in Chicago, that joins both independent supporters and groups alike, uniting all of South Florida soccer fans behind one cause. We'll be discussing and potentially launching that effort within the next few weeks.

The idea is to have AT LEAST one subgroup in each county so that there is an active branch of fans promoting our group and the team that appeals to all of South Florida. So the Miami Ultras(plus maybe the Southern Legion) would be the Miami-Dade branch, the SF3s could potentially be the Palm Beach branch, and a new Fort Lauderdale group that, if this happens, I'll be heading up would cater to Broward fans. We would also encourage fans to start their own subgroups. How about the "Everglades Brigade" for Weston fans, or the "Hialeah Holloigans"? That way people still get to be unique and represent their part of town or whatever, but still come together as a united force to support the team we have now, the Strikers, and in the future MLS. We'd be pooling everyone's resources/skills and delegating responsibilities so that we can get this massive and diverse market behind our team.

Also of note today, Dan Courtemanche of MLS(who was at the meeting with Garber last week) was on the Paul and Young Ron Show this morning, and they discussed pro soccer and the potential of MLS returning. Check out the audio HERE and click the 1/13/11 8A podcast. A lot of good props for the Strikers from Dave Lamont, but no mention of the current team to be called the Strikers.

Also they threw in a quote from the glorious Ray Hudson: "F*@k them all! F*@k them all, and their aunties and their uncles, and their grandmothers as well. F*@k them all." LMAO

24. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except for the last 2 paragraphs, I like it. Why was no mention made of the current team by Dave Lamont - or anyone else? And, who does St Ray want to screw?

25. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. Even Courtemanche did not mention that, and you'd think he would have with all the stuff he and Garber were saying about supporting the Strikers in D2 as a path to proving this market is worthy of a second chance in MLS. I imagine nobody else mentioned the current team because they probably don't know. Outside of the die hard soccer community, barely anyone knows Miami FC existed, so the rebrand is likely not well known either, especially considering they have yet to officially pick a name for the club or unveil the new logo/kits/etc. That's all coming very soon, but it's a shame the wacky league situation prevented getting the rebrand rolling earlier.

And I'm not sure who Ray was referencing, but it was just an old clip they used for comedic effect, and it worked. I was dying on my way to class this morning lol.