Alert: The Strikers are back! Season tickets now available.

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by chichi, Nov 30, 2010.

1. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already bought my season ticket and so should you! Tommy Knapp brings us this special; good only till this Friday December 3rd! 14 regular season games for only $99!!! What? That's just over 7 bucks per game...More about it here:
    http://bit.ly/ghMA95

[​IMG]

2. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the heads-up....:)

3. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you know if it's like last year, where buying "season tickets" got you a certain number of tickets that you could use for any game(s) in whatever combination you wanted? For example, let's say I buy two packages. Will I just get 28 tickets that are good for whatever games I want to use them on in any number, like 7 games for four people?

4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    support the strikers

5. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think so. But call Tommy to make sure!

There are now different sections with different prices but for this week only you get your pick for the reduced $99. It's a great deal! Cheapest seats in town!

[​IMG]

6. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You Ultras really should consider moving into the GA section there in the corner. Especially if your group grows larger (lol, I know. but still maybe.) You give people the option of sitting near you if they want or if the drums and noise is too much they can move and still be able to enjoy the atmosphere. Plus those seats seem like they have pretty good views.

And I sincerely hope you are working on building a bigger group.

7. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team wants us in section 120. I guess to give a better ambiance.

If we get bigger I imagine we will move to one of the corners. We are trying to reach out to other soccer supporters groups, there are a few in South Florida, but they prefer to support their teams back home and that's the problem.

8. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah for now 120 works. If we can grow a good bit moving to the corner makes sense. Plus over there we might be able to get away with stuff like smoke bombs or flares etc.

9. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm all for you guys being able to enjoy the game your way, but if your ranks grow to the point of smoke and flares (I hope they do!) then you're definitely going to need a corner section. I love the Strikers, and I want fans to have fun, but I also don't want my wife and 5 year old dealing with smoke and flares. LOL

10. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure thing haha. That's why guys like us are usually stuck behind the goal in the cheap seats. For now we're alright though. I'm not too big on the flares and smoke myself, but some people are, and it is pretty cool when you see the larger groups do it.

And I'm sure the rest of the crowd at Lockhart would enjoy it, so long as they are safely located in a separate section lol :p

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Do I see it well that they will only use a small part of the stadium? That way only 5 K will already become a capacity crowd

12. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. The last 2 seasons they only had the north sideline stands open. The corner/end bleachers will be new for 2011.

Even on great nights though there will be plenty of empty seats...

13. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I will try to start going to more and more games this season. I will have my license by the start of the season so that should help. Do you know how much individual seats will cost? Will I be able to sit with the Ultras? I am a member

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Sorry to spoil the party but on TV/computerscreen this will look pretty ugly

15. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno what the individual game tickets will cost, but probably somewhere in the area of $15 for the Ultras section(120). You should send an email to tommy@miamifc.com and ask.

Not really, the cameras face the North stands where all the fans are. If they can fill up that section it will look okay on the webcasts, unlike FIU and Tropical Park where the cameras faced the empty half of the stadium and it looked like no one was there.

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    you are right, I just took a look at some youtube.com videos and it is like you say

17. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah they want you guys there because there are only 10 of you. Grow to 50+ per game and they are very likely going to ask you to move. And you should.

I'd consider doing it anyway, stake your claim to that area now and really push for new members. Make that spot the place to be for Striker games.

Up to you all, obviously.

18. Titanole

Titanole Member

Nashville SC
    United States
    Feb 15, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in my day there was a different kind of smoke at Strikers games. [​IMG]

19. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL I was only a kid then, so I can't speak to the validity of that statement. But I also wouldn't be foolish enough to question the authenticity of it. LOL

20. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like they've extended the $99 deal through the end of the year. Works out to just pennies over $7/game I believe. Can't beat that deal. I certainly hope the finalize the rebrand and get to the marketing here soon. Even at $7 they're not going to sell tickets if they don't start letting people know the Strikers are back!

21. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been the problem since the founding of Miami FC...:mad:

22. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://miamifc.com/article/club-partners-with-pmi

Dont worry Antique I think they heading in the right direction, and Congrats to Robert Scorza, becoming official historian of the club!!

I think Im becoming a fan, now they promise with the help of PMI, they will increase ticke sales amd fill the stadium to have an incredible experience, this company will also help them advertise the team...

Can't wait I hope they explode in advertising the team, I want to see Strikers FC blow up here in South Florida!!!

23. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They need to dispense with the suspense on the name portion of the rebrand so they can put this marketing firm to work ASAP. I'm telling you, if they do it right and properly market the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers to the tri-county area, we will totally blow away prior year numbers and get the kind of atmosphere we all want at Lockhart!

24. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok, now I'm confused. The other day the Miami FC website had the $99 special still showing through 12/31. Now it seems to be gone and when you go to purchase tickets on the site, it shows the price in your cart as $140. Anyone know what's up with this?

25. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    So today all of the Weston FC players and parents got an email about purchasing Strikers season tickets. Good thing that they're finally advertising