The St George's Park National Football Centre thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 18, 2010.

1. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Richard Allen appointed Head of Talent Identification

Richard Allen has been appointed as The FA’s new Head of Talent Identification and will replace Mike Rigg in the role from 2 March.

After working alongside Rigg for the last few months, Allen will now lead the department and report directly into The FA’s Technical Director, Dan Ashworth.

Speaking to TheFA.com, Allen said: "I am delighted to have been chosen to take on this role and I am thoroughly looking forward to working with Dan and everyone involved in football development at The FA.

"Talent identification is a key part of ensuring we are recruiting the very best talent for all our national teams.

"Having worked in the industry for a number of years, I have seen at first-hand the quality of young players within our clubs from which we are able to choose from."

Ashworth, added: "I am delighted that Richard has been appointed in this role.

"With his wealth of experience, he will play an integral part in overseeing talent ID across all the men and women’s national sides, and helping continue to develop and deliver our Talent ID Education Programme."

Allen was previously head of recruitment at Tottenham Hotspur for eight years and was most recently head of academy at Queens Park Rangers

http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/201...pointed-head-of-talent-id#TR3lCM8YILkdP8R7.99